So today, we are going to make the cutest LEGO building block Halloween costume! This Halloween costume is so simple to make and budget-friendly. If your child is a LEGO fan, then this
Simply Easy and Fun DIY Halloween Costumes For Kids
Y’all, if your kids love LEGOs and you’re running low on time and money for a Halloween costume, then this LEGO building block costume is for you. This costume is:
- Made from recyclable items like boxes and pool noodles
- Easy to make
- Perfect for kids of all ages or even adults
Related: More DIY Halloween costumes
How To Make A DIY LEGO Building Block Halloween Costume
My kids adore LEGOs and always have, so this costume was a no-brainer when deciding what they would be this Halloween.
This post contains affiliate links.
- First, we used packing tape to hold down the box flaps on each end of the LEGO boxtume.
- Then we measured my daughter’s head and arms to find out how large of an opening to cut for each.
- We cut out the bottom of the box entirely so that she could get the LEGO boxtume over her head.
- After that we cut out the holes for her arms and head with a box cutter.
- We traced the circles on the box with bowls before we cut so that it was easier to make a circle.
- After we finished with the holes, I used hot glue to connect the Styrofoam circles to the front of the LEGO costume.
- We used a measuring tape to be sure that they were centered before gluing them on.
- When those have dried and are secure, all that is left to do is spray paint your boxtume! We used red, but you can choose any color and it would look just as good!
Halloween Costume Craft Notes:
The size of your building blocks boxtume is going to make all the difference in how much of the materials you order.
We used 1 can of spray paint, but if your box is larger, you will probably want to order more.
The same goes for the circles, the taller your boxtume is, the more circles you are going to need.
Our Experience Making Our LEGO Halloween Costume
I love doing online shopping. I love it because I don’t have to drag my toddler to the store every time I need something.
Since I do it so often we had plenty of box sizes to choose from. We chose a smaller box because my toddler is pretty short.
The best part about this DIY costume is that you only need a few materials and about an hour of your time to make it. Creating the boxtume was the fun part for our family because we all got involved and spent time together!
MORE DIY HALLOWEEN COSTUMES FROM KIDS ACTIVITIES BLOG
- Toy Story Costumes we love
- Baby Halloween costumes have never been cuter
- Bruno costume will be big this year on Halloween!
- Disney Princess costumes you don’t want to miss
- Looking for boys Halloween costumes that girls will love too?
- LEGO costume you can make at home
- Ash Pokemon costume we this is really cool
- Pokemon costumes you can DIY
How did your LEGO building block Halloween costume turn out? Comment below and let us know, we’d love to hear from you!