Do you have some Halloween recipes that are a real treat for your kiddos? Themed Halloween food is a unique way to get creative and extend the Halloween fun into the kitchen.
We at Kids Activities Blog love Halloween…and we love food…so we couldn’t pass up sharing these wonderful ideas for Halloween desserts with you.
Scream Cheese Brownies
This first recipe is a fun twist to traditional brownies, & bringing kids to help in the kitchen is a great way to sneak in some learning!
(Post includes affiliate links.)
Use 1 box brownie mix. Prepare batter according to box directions or you could use your own made-from-scratch recipe.
Cream Cheese Top Layer:
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 5 Tbsp butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 Tbsp flour
- orange food coloring (optional)
In medium bowl, mix cream cheese, butter, and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, vanilla, and flour. Mix until combined well.
Add orange food coloring until you reach the desired color.
Spread cream cheese mixture on top.
Drop remaining brownie batter on top and pull a knife through to make swirl patterns.
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, or until center is set. Let cool before cutting into squares!
Halloween Oreo Pops
These little treats are fun to eat & even more fun to share as gifts! What child doesn’t love helping with SPRINKLES!!! Lots and lots of sprinkles!!
- You will need:
- 1 bag chocolate cream-filled cookies
- lollipop sticks
- white chocolate chips
- wax paper
- broom (unless you like crunching on sprinkles underfoot for days)
Insert a lollipop stick into each Oreo.
Melt the white chocolate according to package directions.
Spoon melted chocolate over Oreo pops until entire pop is covered. Make sure the white chocolate touches goes up against the stick, otherwise it will slide out.
Lay pop on wax paper, & while still melty, let the kids sprinkle Halloween or Fall themed sprinkles all over. What a fun mess!
I like to put them in the freezer to set the chocolate faster, and once they are solid, wrap them in plastic sleeves for gift giving. Be sure to save some for yourself though. They are sure tasty!
Want More Fun Halloween Activities?
- Try making these spooky fog drinks!
- Here’s a yummy pumpkin patch dessert recipe.
- This list of 50 pumpkin recipes has the best Halloween snacks.
- This harry potter pumpkin juice recipe will make you feel like you’re at Hogwarts!
- Cast a spell with our awesome witch craft projects.
- We made a list of 25 ghost crafts for kids that are perfect for Halloween!
- You can’t go wrong with these creative holiday activities ideas.
- Have a monster great time with this frankentein craft.
- My family is so excited to try this rice crispy treats pumpkin shaped dessert.
- Want a non alcoholic butterbeer recipe for kids? Look no further!
- These kids dinner ideas are always a hit for the holiday season.
- Enjoy these yummy holiday cookies for kids!
- Your little one will love these mummy crafts.
- Love to color? Check out these candy corn coloring pages.