Scream Cheese Brownies & Halloween Oreo Cookie Pops
Today we are featuring two of our very favorite easy Halloween treats that can be made in the matter of minutes. Our scream cheese brownies are a delicious Halloween twist on your favorite brownie mix and Halloween Oreo cookie pops transform Oreos into something magical.
Do you have some Halloween recipes that are a real treat for your kids?
We at Kids Activities Blog love Halloween…and we love food…so we couldn’t pass up sharing these wonderful ideas for Halloween desserts with you.
This article contains affiliate links.
Scream Cheese Brownies Recipe for Halloween
This first recipe is a fun twist to traditional brownies, & bringing kids to help in the kitchen is a great way to sneak in some learning!
- Use 1 box brownie mix or prepare homemade brownie recipe.
- Whatever ingredients the brownie mix requires
- Cooking spray
Cream Cheese Layer
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 5 Tbsp butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 Tbsp flour
- orange food coloring (optional)
Directions for Scream Cheese Brownies
Prepare brownie batter according to the box directions.
Pour ½ of the brownie batter into a 9×13 inch pan sprayed with cooking spray.
Make the cream cheese mixture:
- In medium bowl, mix cream cheese, butter, and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, vanilla, and flour.
- Mix until combined well.
- Add orange food coloring until you reach the desired color.
Spread cream cheese mixture on top of the 1/2 of the brownie mixture in the pan.
Drop remaining brownie batter on top and pull a knife through to make swirl patterns.
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, or until center is set.
Let cool before cutting into squares!
How to Make Halloween Oreo Pops
These little treats are fun to eat & even more fun to share as gifts! What child doesn’t love helping with SPRINKLES!
Lots and lots of sprinkles!
- 1 bag chocolate cream-filled cookies
- lollipop sticks
- white chocolate chips
- SPRINKLES in Halloween colors and even Halloween shapes
- wax paper
Insert a lollipop stick into each Oreo.
Melt the white chocolate according to package directions.
Spoon melted chocolate over Oreo pops until entire pop is covered. Make sure the white chocolate touches goes up against the stick, otherwise it will slide out.
Lay pop on wax paper, & while still melty, let the kids sprinkle Halloween or Fall themed sprinkles all over. What a fun mess!
Tip: I like to put them in the freezer to set the chocolate faster, and once they are solid, wrap them in plastic sleeves for gift giving.
Be sure to save some for yourself though.
They are sure tasty!
MORE HALLOWEEN TREATS & SPOOKY FOOD IDEAS FROM KIDS ACTIVITIES BLOG
- Make yummy zombie food for kids.
- These simple Halloween treat ideas are fun to make with your kids.
- More cute Halloween treats that you can easily make.
- This Halloween treat bag topper is printable.
- This Halloween banana pop is super fun and yummy!
- This fun Halloween rice crispy treats recipe has a little surprise.
- Make Halloween drinks that include some Halloween fog.
- Have you seen the list of easy Harry Potter food? They are so cute & yummy.
- Pssst…all this yummy Halloween food calls for some Halloween games to play!
- These easy Halloween recipes are perfect for home or a party.
- This simple Halloween bark recipe needs to be on your to-do list.
- Cute Halloween snack ideas for kids.
- Make ghost poop and give it as a gift with this free printable.
- Oh so many Halloween cookie ideas and Halloween cookies for kids.
- Healthy Halloween food doesn’t have to be boring…
- Halloween breakfast ideas are so fun and star the day off right.
Which Halloween treat did you love best? Or did you eat both the scream cheese brownies and the Halloween Oreo pops?
I have made cake pops before but never Oreo pops. I love how the kids can help with the sprinkles. You are right, all kids like sprinkles. I think my favorite thing about these pops is the fact that there is no baking required, unlike cake pops. Vicky from http://www.messforless.net
I would love to do a taste test for these.
The Scream cheese brownies look delicious. The kids will love them. Thank you for the idea.
i am impressed from this post….the person who create this post it was a great human..thanks ! If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with more information? It is
extremely helpful for me. Italian restaurant Carlton