23 Geniusly Spooky Halloween Hacks
These genius Halloween hacks, DIY tips and scary smart ideas will make the Halloween holiday easier. After all, ’tis the season for spooky parties and trick-or-treating, and these Halloween hacks are just what you need to get through the weeks ahead!
This post contains affiliate links.
Super Smart Halloween Hacks & Tips
Check out the tips below for easy ways to carve pumpkins and ideas for adding creepy touches to your Halloween party. So much fun!
1. Spooky Fog Drinks Make Everything Cooler
Make dry ice drinks for your Halloween party. Here is how you can use dry ice to turn a regular drink into the most magical Halloween drink ever!
2. Spooky Eyes are Watching
Use recycled toilet paper rolls and glow sticks to make spooky eyes in the bushes.
3. Candy Hack
Put a bowl of dry ice under your candy bowl for a spooky bubbling cauldron, with this idea from The Nerd’s Wife!
4. Flying Ghosts
Make a floating ghost with just a few supplies. like an empty 2L soda bottle, Sta-Flo, a foam crafting ball, cheesecloth, a spray bottle, black crafting felt, and your hair dryer. We are loving this easy tutorial from The Wow Decor!
5. There is a Spider in my Drink!
Check out Oh Happy Day‘s idea of adding plastic spiders to ice cubes for a creepy-crawly drink!
6. Handing Out Candy Hack for Halloween
Won’t be home to hand out candy? Make The Nerd’s Wife‘s Halloween candy dispenser for your porch.
7. Creep them Out with Bugs
Add creepy bug confetti to hand soap to totally gross out visitors! Loving this idea from Cutefetti!
8. DIY Bloody Candles
You won’t believe how easy it is to turn a regular candle into a bloody one! Check out Vicki Odell‘s tutorial.
9. The Witch Has Fallen and Can’t Get Up
Use old stockings to make witches legs with this idea from Parents.com!
10. Spooky Chains
Cut up pipe insulation cover to make faux chains with this creepy craft from Ribbons and Glue.
11. Magic Potion Bottles
Check out this cool idea from Magia Mia to turn old pill bottles into apothecary jars with a glue gun and some paint.
Halloween Pumpkin Hacks
12. Pumpkin Pumpkin Drink Holder
Hollow out a pumpkin for the perfect DIY pumpkin party drink holder!
13. Pumpkin Carving with Power Tools
Carve a pumpkin using a drill with this gorgeous idea from Crafty Nest.
14. Dryer Vent Pumpkin Decor
Paint dryer vent hoses to make the perfect DIY pumpkin. Check out the easy tutorial from Diamond in the Stuff.
15. How to Clean Out a Pumpkin
Use a drill with a beater attached to clean the insides of a pumpkin with this smart hack from One Crazy House.
16. Cookie Cutters for Carving Pumpkins
Not in the mood for full-blown pumpkin carving this year? Use cookie cutters to carve your pumpkins with this cool idea from Refinery 29!
17. Pumpkin Lollipop Dispenser
Add lollipops to a pumpkin and set it on your doorstep for trick-or-treaters with this brilliant idea from Martha Stewart!
18. How to Carve a Pumpkin
If you have kids and you want everyone safe, then check out the tips from my how to carve a pumpkin article here at Kids Activities Blog and everything will go much smoother!
19. How to NOT Carve a Pumpkin
If you would rather not carve a pumpkin this year, I get it. We have a bunch of no carve pumpkin ideas and check out these Disney pumpkin kits that require no carving. Or the easiest and quickest way to decorate your jack-o-lantern is to make a mummy pumpkin.
Post-Halloween Hacks & Tips
20. All That Candy Hacks
Once Halloween ends, the waste of things really bugs me. Let’s talk candy… we used to have Halloween candy, Christmas candy, and Easter candy pouring out of our ears all year long, until I realized that you can give back and donate unopened candy! I have a friend who trades her kids books, small toys, or small gift cards for their Halloween candy. Then, they donate it, as a family!
21. Left-over Candy Recipes
You can also use up leftover candy by incorporating it into a recipe, like these delicious Butterfinger Cupcakes, from Our Wabisabi Life.
22. Halloween Costumes as Dress Up Attire
We have kept pretty much every Halloween costume my daughter has ever had, storing it in a DIY dress up trunk, like this one from DIY Art Mom, reusing and playing with them throughout the year.
23. Let Your Halloween Decor Slide into Thanksgiving Decor
I like to switch up our decorations, and that’s half the reason why we make so many DIY Halloween decorations for our house! I usually try to keep reuse in mind for other holidays, when I can! One of the easiest ways to reuse Halloween decorations, is to convert some of them (such as pumpkins and eaves, etc.) into generic fall and Thanksgiving decor.
MORE HALLOWEEN DECORATIONS AND FUN FROM KIDS ACTIVITIES BLOG
- Our favorite easy homemade Halloween decorations!
- We love this pumpkin night light for kids to keep the scary away.
- Make this Halloween window clings idea…it is a scary cute spider!
- We have the cutest 30 Halloween craft ideas for kids!
- These Halloween treat ideas are so easy to make and fun to eat!
- Make easy Halloween drawings with this printable step by step tutorial.
- Our favorite pumpkin carving kit is pretty cool! Check it out.
- These Halloween games for kids are sooooo fun!
- These homemade Halloween costumes are fun for kids of any age.
- These Halloween coloring pages are free to print and scary cute.
- I love these Halloween door decorations that the entire family can help create.
- Send your kids to school with this fun Halloween lunch!
- Don’t miss out on these Halloween crafts!
What is your favorite Halloween hack or tip? Please let us know in the comments!