We are making footprint ghosts in this easy Halloween craft for kids of all ages. In fact, this easy Halloween craft works well for even the youngest crafters like babies and toddlers with a little help. We love handprint and footprint art ideas because they also make great keepsakes.
Halloween Footprint Ghost Art Idea
Let’s make a ghost out of your child’s footprint! It is something that can be done easily with supplies you likely already have and it makes a cute keepsake, Halloween card, or little gift to send to a distant relative.
Related: Handprint art crafts for kids of all ages
Your little ones will love to make little baby footprint ghosts. Just imagine how cute those little baby footprint ghosts will be!
ADORABLE! I know you and your kids will love making this super cute craft as much as I do.
This article contains affiliate links.
Supplies Needed to Make Ghost Footprint Art
Watch our short video tutorial on how to make ghost footprint art
Directions to Create Ghost Footprints
Halloween footprint art like this is so cute and a lot of fun to make. We went outside to make this Halloween footprint craft because this activity can get messy since your little one will have paint on their feet to make the footprints.
Paint the bottom of your little ones foot with white paint. Make sure you get the whole foot covered; toes, heel, etc…
After your child’s foot is fully painted, stamp their footprints on the paper.
The toes are going to be the bottom of the ghosts and your little ones heel will be the top – just keep this in mind for the placement of their footprints on your paper.
Let the footprints dry.
When they are dry, with your child’s toes facing the bottom of the paper, you and your kids can make eyes for the ghosts.
That’s it! You are all done with adorable footprint ghosts! This is by far one of my favorite Halloween crafts, I hope you enjoyed it as much as we did!
Our Experience With This Halloween Footprint Art
We had so much fun making ghost footprints. So much so, my little one wanted to make multiple Halloween footprint art. Which is okay with me! Use up some of the craft supplies I’ve been hoarding and it allowed us to experiment with colors!
My little one wanted to make red ghost footprints, blue ghost footprints, even green ghost footprints!
While white is the “traditional” color of ghosts, you can make the ghosts any color you want!
- Black paper
- White paint
- Black paint or a black marker
- Paint brush
- Water to wash paint off
1. Paint the bottom of your little ones foot with white paint. Make sure you get the whole foot covered; toes, heel, etc...
2. The toes are going to be the bottom of the ghosts and your little ones heel will be the top - just keep this in mind for the placement of their footprints on your paper.
3. After your child's foot is fully painted, stamp their footprints on the paper.
4. Let the footprints dry.
5. When they are dry, with your child's toes facing the bottom of the paper, you can make eyes for the ghosts.
More Halloween Crafts from Kids Activities Blog
- Our favorite easy homemade Halloween decorations!
- Make this Halloween window clings idea…it is a scary cute spider!
- We have the cutest 30 Halloween craft ideas for kids!
- Make easy Halloween drawings with this printable step by step tutorial.
- Our favorite pumpkin carving kit is pretty cool! Check it out for the ultimate Halloween craft…pumpkin carving!
- These Halloween games for kids are sooooo fun!
- These homemade Halloween costumes are fun for kids of any age.
- These Halloween coloring pages are free to print and scary cute.
- Ghost starts with the letter G and we have so many great letter g crafts and activities.
- I love these Halloween door decorations that the entire family can help create.
- Don’t miss out on these Halloween crafts!
- We have even more fun and spooky Halloween crafts for kids.
- Check out this huge list of Halloween crafts!
- Try out these spooky ghost crafts.
- Make your own spooky witch hat!
How did your ghost footprint craft for Halloween turn out? What age kids did you make this fun footprint ghost art with?