Let’s have a really fun Easter egg hunt this year!
Ah, Easter Sunday morning. What a peaceful, quiet time of reflection. The children come downstairs dressed in their Sunday best and the family enjoys a leisurely breakfast before heading to church.
What? That doesn’t happen at your house?
Easter Egg Hunt Ideas
Yeah. Mine neither. My kids are up at the crack of dawn to see what the Easter Bunny left for them before scrambling to find all the hidden eggs. All is over before we have even had our first cup of coffee. Boo.
Fed up with the fun being over in 3 minutes flat, we have tried several different twists on the traditional Easter Egg hunt.
My kids have enjoyed the change as it keeps the fun fresh and new each year. And most importantly, what took the Easter Bunny an hour to do is not decimated (and forgotten!) in less than 5 minutes.
So whether you are a grandparent throwing an Easter egg hunt for the grandchildren or a parent or a teacher or a church organizer or…or..or…we have some great ideas for you to make this years Easter egg hunt awesome!
Hide the Bunny Hunt
Who doesn’t like shopping? – Hide ˜Bunny Munny ™ in several of the plastic eggs to buy things at the Bunny Emporium. Pick up several fun Easter trinkets at the dollar spot or things that appeal to your children (toys, movies, books). Price them at different price points and have your children shop with their money.
Easter Egg Hunt for Color
Color hunt – Assign hunters a particular color(s) to find on their hunt. This is especially good when hunting with mixed ages, as it allows the younger children a chance to find a equal amount of eggs.
Easter Egg Hunt in the Dark
Flashlight Hunt “ Put together your hunt the night before Easter. Using flashlights and glow-in-the-dark paint on the eggs, kids will love to find their eggs at night!
Easter Egg Search
Easter Egg Checklist- Give each hunter a list of what particular eggs they are supposed to find, 4 yellow eggs, 3 purple eggs, 1 golden egg, etc. . This turns it into a true hunt and you will find the kids end up helping each other out.
Easter Egg Scavenger Hunt
Scavenger hunt – Older kids LOVE a good hunt. With a little bit of pre-work, this will be a favorite! Put clues to find each consecutive egg in the plastic eggs hidden throughout the entire house and have their ultimate find be their Easter Baskets. Be creative with your clues (Hop on over to the place which makes you go brrrr ¦) and make your kids think!
The only drawback to having a fun Easter Egg Hunt? My kids have come to expect a creative hunt every year!
MORE EASTER IDEAS FROM KIDS ACTIVITIES BLOG
- This zentangle coloring page is a beautiful bunny to color. Our zentangle coloring pages are as popular with adults as the kids!
- Don’t miss our printable bunny thank you notes which will brighten any mailbox!
- Check out this free Easter printables which is really a very large bunny coloring page!
- I love this simple Easter bag idea you can make at home!
- These paper Easter eggs are fun to color and decorate.
- What cute Easter worksheets preschool level kids will love!
- Need more printable Easter worksheets? We have so many fun and educational bunny and baby chick filled pages to print!
- This adorable Easter color by number reveals a fun picture inside.
- Color this free Egg doodle coloring page!
- Oh the cuteness of these free Easter egg coloring pages.
- How about a big packet of 25 Easter Coloring Pages
- And some really fun Color An Egg Coloring Pages.
- Check out how to draw the Easter bunny tutorial…it is easy & printable!
- And our printable Easter fun facts pages are really awesome.
- We have all these ideas and more featured in our free Easter coloring pages!
What was your favorite creative Easter egg hunt idea?