Today we have super fun Easter facts to impress your loved ones with! If you hadn’t noticed, we love celebrating special holidays with coloring activities that help kids learn too.
And the best part is that we made two versions: a full-color PDF printable set, and a black and white printable set that doubles as Easter coloring pages.
If you want to know where the Easter Bunny story originated, or why does Easter Sunday change dates every year, you’re about to find out!
Interesting facts about Easter
Easter, also called Resurrection Day, is a very important celebration for Christians worldwide, and there is so much to learn about it! You’ll be surprised at some of these facts…
- Easter Sunday is a very joyous symbol of rebirth and of hope.
- Easter falls on the first Sunday after the full moon that takes place after March 21st, the start of spring.
- The name “Easter” has been derived from the name of a goddess named Eastre, the Anglo-Saxon goddess of spring and dawn.
- The origin of the Easter Bunny actually begins in pre-Christian Germany, where he was thought to carry a basket and deliver sweet pastries to village children.
- The act of painting eggs originates from a Ukrainian tradition.
- Eggs, chicks, bunnies, and flowers are symbols used in Easter to represent new life, growth, and joy.
- Easter is the second biggest holiday for the sale of candy, right next to Halloween.
- During Easter, over 120 million cards are sent out each year to family and friends.
- Americans eat about 1.5 million Peeps during Easter.
- Around 90 million chocolate bunnies are sold for Easter – only in the United States!
To use our free Easter facts coloring pages, just click the download button below, print them, grab some crayons, and you’re all set for a cute coloring activity to do with your little ones.
What was your favorite Easter fun fact?
Need coloring supplies? Here are some kid favorites:
- For drawing the outline, a simple pencil can work great.
- Colored pencils are great for coloring in the bat.
- Create a bolder, solid look using fine markers.
- Gel pens come in any color you can imagine.
More Easter Activities from Kids Activities Blog
Great Easter books for even more Easter fun
In this delightful Easter Bunny Flap Book there are pages of cute little bunnies and flaps to raise. Lots of surprises waiting for little ones, under the flaps.
Celebrate springtime with little lambs, bouncing bunnies, fluffy chicks and an Easter egg hunt. Add a little bit of fun to each scene with lots of reusable stickers. You can create your own scenes again and again!