Check out these Amazing Coffee Filter Crafts! We started with 20 of the most fun arts and crafts with paper, but keep adding coffee filter art ideas that kids of all ages will love. These easy paper arts and crafts are a great way to craft on a moment’s notice even with young children because you are using inexpensive materials with creative uses. Use these cool arts and crafts at home or in the classroom.
Let’s make coffee filter crafts!
Coffee filter crafts are one of my favorite types of kids art. It’s so fun to see what you can create just by digging around your kitchen cabinets and using fun craft and art supplies you have on hand.
And with so many coffee machines moving to pods, you may find an assortment of coffee filter sizes that you don’t have use for until now…
Related: More ideas for 5-minute crafts for kids
Coffee filter crafts really encourage children to be kids, and use their imagination as they craft while developing fine motor skills. One of our favorite things to do here at Kids Activities Blog is to open the kitchen junk drawer and create something from what we find. That is kinda like coffee filter art — use what you have at home already and save yourself a trip to the store!
This post contains affiliate links.
Coffee Filter Craft Supplies
The best part about coffee filter crafts, is that you don’t need many things to make them. You probably already have most of the necessary supplies around the house.
The main item you will need is…. coffee filters. <–big surprise, eh?
Crafts Supplies Often Used in Coffee Filter Crafts
- coffee filters – they come in white, beige and light tan colors & several different sizes
- paints: watercolor and tempera
- washable markers
- food coloring
- scissors or preschool training scissors
- glue or glue stick or hot glue gun
- dot markers
- pipe cleaners
This is one of those paper arts and craft projects where you can make do with what you have! Don’t be afraid to use substitutions. You may come up with a creative solution that we need to feature next.
Cool Crafts from Coffee Filters Where Art Mimics Nature
1. Coffee Filter Snowflake Patterns
This pretty Coffee Filter Snowflake from Happy Hooligans uses food coloring to make a tie dye effect.
2. Make Coffee Filter Flowers…& Carrots!
Urban Comfort‘s Coffee Filter Flowers and Carrots are just way too cute!
3. Coffee Filter Leaf Art Project
You’re going to fall in love with these Coffee Filter Fall Leaves from A Little Pinch of Perfect.
4. Pumpkins Made from Coffee Filters
This colorful Jack-O-Lantern is perfect for Halloween by attaching a decorated coffee filter behind a piece of construction paper.
5. Coffee Filter Feather Craft
The Crafty Crow‘s Coffee Filter Feathers are so fun to make!
Gorgeous Tie Dye Coffee Filter Crafts
6. Hot Air Balloon Craft for Kids
This Coffee Filter Hot Air Balloon, from Inner Child Fun, is a really neat window display.
7. Craft a Coffee Filter Butterfly!
Kids will love these Coffee Filter Butterflies from The Simple Craft Diaries.
8. Coffee Filter Garland Project
I love this Coffee Filter Fall Leaf Garland, from Popsugar. Let the kids decorate!
9. Let’s Tie Dye Coffee Filters for Art
Make a colorful Tie-Dye Turkey, using a coffee filter as the body and feathers. Create the other body parts from construction paper (or whatever else you have on hand!).
10. Make Sea Animals from Coffee Filters
This Ocean Animal Coffee Filter Craft, from A Little Pinch of Perfect, would be so pretty hanging up in a window.
11. Monster Craft for Kids
Kids will love making Raising Little Superheroes‘ Tie-Dye Coffee Filter Monsters!
Kids Love Amazing Coffee Filter Crafts
12. Make an Apple from a Coffee Filter
Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas‘ Coffee Filter Apple is a festive autumn craft that has great colors!
13. Pretty Coffee Filter Flowers
Coffee Filter Flowers are the prettiest bouquet of flowers that will never die! This would be a cool craft for Mother’s Day.
14. DIY Suncatchers Kids Can Make
Fall Leaves Suncatchers, from Fun At Home With Kids, would be so pretty to hang in a bright window.
15. Spring Art for Kids
Make a whole forest of Coffee Filter Trees, with this brilliant coffee filter craft from A Little Pinch of Perfect.
16. Make a Coffee Filter Art Color Wheel
Learning about mixing colors with hands on coffee filter fun can done many ways:
- Coffee filter watercolor mixing from 100 Directions
- Check out the color wheel from That Artist Woman’s art
17. Coffee Filter Flowers – Tie Dye Peonies
Dye coffee filters and make Peonies! This gorgeous idea from Pretty Petals would be the perfect centerpiece for a birthday bash, baby/ wedding shower, or any springtime party!
18. Vibrant Coffee Filter Flowers for a Rainy Day
These Coffee Filter Flowers, from Fun At Home With Kids, are vibrant and so much fun to make.
19. Rainbow Fish Craft for Kids
Crafty Morning‘s Rainbow Fish are flashy and make a great coffee filter crafts.
20. Suncatcher Craft for Little Hands
Use a coffee filter to make No Time For Flashcard‘s cool Suncatcher Snail for your window.
21. Kids Turkey Craft
Make a coffee filter turkey craft that is even great for younger kids like older toddlers, preschoolers and kindergarten age kids!
22. Tie Dye Butterfly Art
This easy cool art starts with a coffee filter, Chinese paper or paper towels and can be a beautiful tie dye butterfly or a bookmark or a butterfly greeting card or a fairy…all the possibilities!
FAvorite Coffee Filter Crafts
23. Make Coffee Filter Roses
I have saved our favorite coffee filter craft for kids (and adults) for last, it is our easy coffee filter roses where regular old coffee filters are transformed into beautiful flowers.
More Household Item Crafts from Kids Activities Blog
Don’t get me wrong, I love spending hours exploring the aisles of craft stores, but I also like keeping money in my bank account, and spontaneous crafting that can be done on a whim, with items I already have. Check out these ideas to make the most of crafting supplies you might not have known you already have:
- Make one one of these 65+ Toilet Paper Roll Crafts
- How to make a monster out of toilet paper rolls
- Try one of these easy craft ideas!
- Paper crafts have never been more fun
- Salt dough handprints use kitchen ingredients to make art
- Or these handprint arts and crafts use just paint!
- Make cupcake liner crafts like this Cupcake Liner Lion
- Let’s make fall crafts for kids
- Kids Crayon Resist Art Project
- My favorite thing to make is Paper Plate Crafts with kids
What is your favorite coffee filter craft or creation? Tell us all about it in the comments below!