Our two year old kids *love* to BE BUSY with all sorts of activities. We have a two year old boy and girl and they are constantly “doing” and creating. I am sure they are not alone in the seemingly boundless energy. Below are some of the games that they enjoy.
Activities for Two Year Olds
1. Help your child learn to measure.
2. Make letters with play dough.
3. Explore chemical reactions with baking soda and vinegar.
4. Jam to musical instruments.
5. Play with a muffin tin and toy balls as a color game for toddlers.
Be silly with your kids:
6. Decorate faces with playdough hair.
7. Make Squishy bags into an aquarium for your kids to explore.
8. Make a fruit (or veggie) snack necklace for your kids to make and eat.
9. Throw your child’s favorite toy, a birthday party.
10. Play with bubbles and balls in a tub.
11. Get some PVC pipes, add some seeds – tubes for toddlers!
12. Stab at an foam plate with this toddler activity.
Help your Child Develop:
13. Make bracelets from cut up straws. Great for Fine Motor development!
14. Dig out the kitchen tongs and have fun picking up items.
15. Play with pompoms try blowing them across the floor.
16. Build with craft sticks – just use Velcro dots to make them reusable.
17. Make collages together – a fun two year old activity.
18. Create a basket of play items – great for the development of play!
19. Practice balancing with a plank of wood (aka. Balance beam).
20. Create a edible “sand” using cheerios.
21. Use beads and pipe cleaners to create sculptures.
22. Watch your kids have fun and create with “spray bottle” paint.
23. Go on a nature hunt around your neighborhood.
24. Make a night light for your kids to interact with. This tutorial is for a Halloween luminary but you can easily make it with any shapes and characters your child loves.
25. Play with “edible jewels” and eat pomegranate seeds.
26. Finger paint while in the bath. It is a great way to have a less-mess art time.
27. Make chalk board games, outside!
28. Make tracks in playdough with your toy animals.
29. Practice pouring with your child. Give them a pitcher and some cups.
30. Make different slime recipes with your kids to expose them to many weird and ooey-gooey textures.
Just for fun:
31. Play with Baby Shark crayons in the bathtub.
32. Give your child a pair of funky scissors and let them shred paper.
33. Play with Petals in a floating bouquet.
34. Make lego puzzles in playdough to teach shape matching.
35. For a quiet-time Kids Activity, have your kids play with a felt activity binder.
36. Play with Petals in a floating bouquet.
37. Make edible play dough, just in case.
38. Here are 32 *other* fun ideas of things to do with your kids.
39. Create sensory bags with your toddler.
40. Create an invitation to playtime – in a bag.
Just one more….
Have you tried the ABC Mouse app? Our toddlers learned how to count and learned the alphabet from playing games on it! Check it out and get a 30-day FREE trial here!
Other Fun Activities For Kids:
- Some days are busier than others. Here are some great ways on how to occupy a baby while you’re trying to get stuff done.
- Have a smaller child? Here are some great ways on how to keep a one year old entertained.
- We have even more activities for babies!
- Need even more? Here are 100 fun activities for babies.
- Here are some of our all-time favorite activities for 1 year olds.
- We have 15 amazing and fun crafts for 2 year olds.
- Need even more activities for a 2 year old? We have them!
- Get festive with these 3 year old thanksgiving crafts!
- Not a festive time of year? That’s fine we still have plenty of other crafts for 3 year olds.
- Check out how cool these homemade toys for 3 year olds are!
- Speaking of toys, these homemade toys for four year olds are amazing.
- We have festive 4 year old thanksgiving crafts as well.
- Fuel your child’s creative side with these craft ideas for 4 year olds.
- We also have thanksgiving crafts for 5 year olds too.