Our two-year-old kids *love* to BE BUSY with all sorts of activities. We have a two-year-old boy and girl and they are constantly doing and creating. I am sure my toddlers are not alone in the seemingly boundless energy. Below are some of the games that my 2-year-olds love to play.
Fun Activities for Two Year Olds
1. Measuring Activity for 2-Year-olds
Help your child learn how to measure using kitchen stuff in this fun activity from Kids Activities Blog.
2. Letter Recognition Activity
Your 2-year-old will enjoy learning about letters when you make letters with playdough along with them!
3. Simple Baking Soda and Vinegar Experiment
Related: More fun activities for toddlers
Awaken the scientist in your toddler as you both explore chemical reactions with baking soda and vinegar.
4. Fun Music Time with Toddlers
Jam to musical instruments with your 2-year-old in this fun musical activity!
5. Cool Color Game for Your Little One
Play with a muffin tin and toy balls as a color game for toddlers.
6. Colorful Playdough Hair Activity
Get wacky with your 2-year-old as you both decorate faces with playdough hair.
7. Fun Squishy Aquarium Project
Make Squishy bags into an aquarium for your kids to explore.
8. Healthy Snack Necklace
Make a fruit (or veggie) snack necklace for your little ones to make and eat.
9. Wondeful Toddler Birthday Party Ideas
Throw your child’s favorite toy, a birthday party.
10. Bubbles and Balls Bath Play
Play with bubbles and balls in a tub.
11. Awesome Music Tubes for 2-year-olds
Get some PVC pipes, add some seeds – tubes for toddlers!
12. Foam Plate Fun Activity
Stab at a foam plate with this toddler activity from Creative with Kids.
Help your Child Develop With these Fun Toddler Activities
13. Cut-Up Straw Bracelets
Make bracelets from cut-up straws. Great for fine motor development!
14. Pick-Up Items Game for 2-Year-Olds
Dig out the kitchen tongs and have fun picking up items.
15. Super Fun Pompom Game Idea
Play with pompoms! Let your kiddo try blowing them across the floor.
16. Fun Craft Stick Ideas For 2-Year-Olds
Build with craft sticks – just use Velcro dots to make them reusable.
17. Collage-Making Toddler Project
Make collages together. Here are a few of our favorites:
18. Basketful of Play Items for Toddlers
Create a basket of play items like this one from The Imagination Tree.
19. Plank Walk Balancing Game
Practice balancing with a plank of wood (aka. Balance beam).
20. Yummy Edible Sand
Create an edible “sand” using cheerios and start the afternoon toddler fun!
Easy Toddler Crafts & Ways to Get creative with Play
21. Crafty Beads and Pipe Cleaners Project
Use beads and pipe cleaners to create sculptures like this example from Studio Sprout.
22. Colorful Spray Bottle Paint
Watch your kids have fun and create with “spray bottle” paint.
23. Fun Outdoor Nature Activity
Go on a nature hunt around your neighborhood with your 2-year-old.
24. Lovely Luminary Project
Make a night light for your kids to interact with. This tutorial is for a Halloween luminary but you can easily make it with any shapes and characters your child loves.
25. Edible Jewels for 2-Year-Olds
Play with “edible jewels” and eat pomegranate seeds.
26. Toddler Finger Painting Activity
Finger paint while in the bath. It is a great way to have less-mess art time.
27. Fun Chalkboard Games
Make chalkboard games with your kiddo, outside!
28. Clever Animal Tracks in Playdough
Let your little ones make tracks in playdough with their favorite toy animals.
29. Awesome Pouring Activity with 2-Year-Olds
Practice pouring with your child. Give them a pitcher and some cups.
30. Crafty Slime Recipes for Kiddos
Make different slime recipes with your kids to expose them to many weird and ooey-gooey textures.
More Toddler Fun for 2 Year Olds
31. Baby Shark in the Bathtub Game
Your 2-year-old will love playing with Baby Shark crayons in the bathtub.
32. Fine Motor Practice with Scissors
Give your child a pair of funky scissors and let them shred paper.
33. Lovely Floating Bouquet
Let your little ones play with petals in a floating bouquet.
34. Playdough and LEGO Activity
Make lego puzzles in playdough to teach your 2-year-old about shape matching.
35. Crafty Felt Binder Activity
For a quiet-time Kids Activity, have your kids play with a felt activity binder.
36. Floating Bouquet Project for Toddlers
Play with petals in a floating bouquet in this super fun activity!
37. Toddler-Friendly Edible Playdough
Make edible play dough, just in case.
38. Fun Crafts and Activities for Toddlers
Here are 32 *other* fun ideas of things to do with your kids.
39. Colorful Sensory Bags for Little Ones
Create sensory bags with your toddler and watch them get amazed!
40. Clever Invitation Ideas
Create an invitation to playtime – in a bag! Every kid will love to get one.
Toddler Early Learning Fun
Have you tried the ABC Mouse app? Our toddlers learned how to count and learned the alphabet from playing games on it! Check it out and get a 30-day FREE trial here!
More Fun Activities For Kids from Kids Activities Blog
What 2-year-old activities are your toddler’s favorite play ideas?