Making homemade popsicles is one of our favorite things to do in the summer. There are so many incredible popsicle recipes to make with your kids. That’s why we got you this cool list of our favorite popsicle recipes that are homemade and easy to make! You don’t have to buy so much stuff, just the basic ones to enjoy summer with delicious popsicles.
You will love these Homemade Popsicle Recipes
Grab your popsicle sticks, coconut milk, fruit juice, fresh fruit, orange juice, coconut water, lemon juice, orange juice, maple syrup, or whatever your favorite flavors are because we are making popsicles.
We gathered all the best popsicle recipes. We have healthy popsicle recipes, popsicles of different colors, watermelon popsicles, other homemade fruit popsicles, just so many different flavors in fun shapes. This article contains affiliate links.
Related: If you want to make popsicles in 5 minutes, grab a Zoku pop maker <–use our link for an automatic 10% off
An ice-cold popsicle is a fun way to enjoy hot days or to have a sweet treat without all the added sugar (processed). Your kids are sure to love all of these delicious ice pops.
Best Homemade Popsicle Recipe
Ingredients Needed to Make Easy Popsicle Recipe
- Fruit juice
- (Optional) fresh fruit
- (Optional) yogurt or coconut milk to add creaminess
How to make Homemade Popsicles
Step 1 – Mix Up Your Popsicle Recipe
Pour your fruit juice into popsicle molds or go old school with popsicle sticks and small paper or plastic cups.
If you are going to add fruit, if you are adding puree then add it to the fruit juice and mix before pouring into molds. If you are adding sliced fruit, you can add that directly to the molds after you pour in the fruit juice.
If you want a creamy popsicle, add yogurt or coconut milk to your fruit juice and mix before pouring into molds.
Step 2 – Freeze Your Popsicles
Freeze your popsicles until hard which usually takes at least 4 hours depending on the size of your popsicles.
Step 3 – Unmold & Enjoy
Remove your popsicles from the mold. If your popsicles are a little stubborn, run the mold under warm water for a few seconds to dislodge. Pop out the pops and serve immediately!
DIY Popsicle Molds
- Classic Popsicle Molds: Zoku Classic Pop Molds – This classic popsicle mold has 6 easy release popsicle spots and comes with sticks with attached drip guards and is BPA-free. It is just a really good basic popsicle mold set.
- Dinosaur Popsicle Molds: Dinosaur Pops – This silicone flexible mold creates 4 different dinosaur popsicles and what I love is the stick is actually the dinosaur tail.
- Silicone Popsicle Mold: I like this popsicle mold because it is large and makes the shape of popsicle I remember as a child. It can be used with traditional popsicle sticks and makes 10 popsicles at a time.
- Ice Pop Bags: Disposable Ice Pop Bags – This set of 125 disposable ice popsicle mold bags is reminiscent of the ice pops we would pull out of the ice chest on hot summer days. But this is a way you can make them the way you want!
- Reusable Ice Pop Bags: Silicon Popsicle Molds with Lids – If you want the more earth-friendly version of the ice pop bags, then check out these cool mulit-colored ice pop molds with lids making it easy to take along and less messy to eat.
Popsicle Recipes with Candy
1. Delicious Candy Lemonade Popsicles Recipe
For an extra special treat, put candy and lemonade in a popsicle mold for a candy popsicle surprise! Get the easy popsicle recipe!
2. Tasty Jello Popsicles Recipe
Want your popsicles to stop dripping? Add jello! Seriously, these Jell-O popsicles are amazing.
3. Candy Ice Cream Popsicle Recipe
Use a popsicle mold to mix ice cream and candy, and turn it into a fun summer treat. I like this ice cream pops recipe.
4. Apple Pie Popsicles Recipe
Apple pie popsicles? Yes, it’s possible! Thanks to The Life of Jennifer Dawn for the recipe!
Easy Popsicle Recipes with Fruit
5. Healthy Kiwi Popsicles Recipe
These healthy kiwi pops only take three ingredients! Great idea by Archanas Kitchen
6. Awesome Banana Ice Cream Pops Recipe
Banana ice cream pops are perfect for picky eaters, and really easy to make. Thanks to My Life and Kids for this recipe!
7. Healthy Blueberry-Coconut Popsicles Recipe
Kids love these healthy blueberry and coconut popsicles from Raising Generation Nourished. They’ll never know they’re good for them!
8. Three Fruits Popsicles Recipe
Mix three of your favorite fruits and some milk in a blender, freeze in a popsicle mold, and you have a super healthy summer treat. A peach strawberry banana popsicle sounds divine.
9. Tangy Orange Popsicle Recipe
Turn your favorite orange julius recipe into a popsicle! These pops from A Night Owl Blog taste so good.
10. Easy Electrolyte Pops Recipe
If you have a sick one in the house, you can make these homemade electrolyte pops from Don’t Mess with Mama to help rehydrate them.
11. Homemade Watermelon and Berry Ice Pops Recipe
Cool down a hot afternoon by making these easy and sweet Homemade Watermelon and Berry Ice Pops from There’s Just One Mommy.
12. Homemade Strawberry Ice Pops Recipe
Enjoy some freshly picked strawberries? You can turn them into some yummy Homemade Strawberry Ice Pops too like these ones from There’s Just One Mommy!
13. Strawberry Orange Popsicles Recipe
Strawberry and orange are a great combination. Turn them into a yummy popsicle recipe of your dreams like this recipe from Glue Sticks and Gumdrops.
14. Perfectly Piña Colada Popsicles Recipe
Cool as the winds on a summer! Try this easy Perfectly Piña Colada Popsicles from Bento Lunch!
15. Cherry Peach Pops Recipe
Classy and tasty, this Cherry Peach Pops recipe by Lady Behind the Curtain is for kids of all ages.
16. Strawberry Raspberry Popsicles Recipe
We know we’ve got lots of versions of Strawberry Raspberry Popsicles, but we just can’t let this version from Kitchen Counter Chronicles pass. It’s so good!
17. Cool Aloha Pops Recipe
Hawaiian summer party? Serve some Aloha Pops from Lady Behind the Curtain and impress you guests!
18. Strawberry Watermelon Agua Fresca Popsicles Recipe
Refreshingly good, this strawberry and watermelon combination from Bitz & Giggles simply rocks!
19. Fun Zoku Pops Recipes
Play mix and match and have some fun! These Zoku Pops recipes by Lasso the Moon will spice up your summer time for sure!
20. Tropical Pineapple and Mixed Berry Ice Pops Recipe
I just love the tropical feels of this fruity pops from The West Coast Mommy!
Homemade Popsicles with Yogurt
21. Sweet Fruit and Honey Yogurt Popsicle Recipe
Perfect for toddlers, these fruit and honey yogurt popsicles are healthy and delicious. Thanks to Mama Papa Bubba for this recipe!
22. Easy Greek Yogurt Popsicles Recipe
Greek yogurt popsicles are a perfect way to sneak protein into your kid’s diet! Try this popsicle recipe from Your Modern Family!
Yummy and healthy, these Fruit and Yogurt popsicles by Emma Owl will be a great summer party hit for sure!
24. Greek Yogurt Berry Smoothie Pops Recipe
Your kids will love summer even more as they cool down the day with this Greek Yogurt berry Ice Pops by Mom on Time Out.
25. Yogurt Banana Popsicle Recipe
This delicious yogurt banana popsicle recipe is so healthy and delicious! Plus, it’s the perfect snack! Add granola to give it a sweet and fun crunch to these banana popsicles
Creamy Popsicle Recipes
26. Fantastic One-Ingredient Popsicles Recipe
This one ingredient popsicle recipe is totally kid-friendly – they can even make it themselves! Who doesn’t love a creamy popsicle?
27. Mango Lassi Ice Pops Recipe
Love mangoes more as you make this Mango Lassi Ice Pops Recipe by This West Coast Mommy this summer!
Chocolate Popsicle Recipe
28. Yummy Banana Pops Recipe
Banana pops are another really fun summer treat. All you need is bananas, chocolate, lollipop sticks, and the recipe. These chocolate banana popsicles are so tasty.
29. Yummy Chocolate-Strawberry Popsicle Recipe
Chocolate-covered strawberry popsicles are so good! Such a fun twist on a classic treat, love these chocolate strawberry popsicles.
30. Raspberry White Chocolate Ice Pops Recipe
Be sweet, be cool! Be both when you make this Raspberry White Chocolate Ice Pops recipe by Creative Family Fun.
31. Rocky Road Pudding Pops Recipe
You’ll love the sweet blend of chocolate and rocky road in ice pops by Mom on Time Out!
Holiday and Character Homemade Popsicles For Kids
32. Cool Ninja Turtle Pops Recipe
These Ninja Turtle popsicles look just like Raphael! Plus, they’re super healthy. Cool idea by Love and Marriage!
33. Draculaura-Inspired Popsicle Recipe
Do your kids love Monster High? Try to make this Draculaura popsicles recipe for a monster popsicle.
34. Cute St. Patty’s POPS Recipe
You can make these yummy St. Patty’s Pops from Cutting Tiny Bites any time of the year.
35. Sweet Princess Popsicles Recipe
Your little princess will love this sweet Princess Popsicles by Mini Monets and Mommies on a hot summer day!
36. Traffic Light Ice Lollies Recipe
These cool Traffic Light Ice Lollies from Eats Amazing are perfect for a stop, Go, and Wait summer afternoon!
37. Easy and Colorful Christmas Pops Recipe
These Christmas pops from Paper and Glue are cute and yummy!
38. Candy Corn Pops Recipe
Crunch and crisp popsicle flavor? No problem! This Candy Corn Pops recipe from Paper and Glue is for you!
39. Patriotic White Chocolate Pudding Pops Recipe
Patriotism can also be seen in popsicles. We love this Patriotic White Chocolate Pudding Pops recipe from The Lady Behind the Curtain.
40. Easy Pink Pops Recipe
Having some all-girls’ party? Make these yummy pink pops Paper and Glue for dessert!
41. Red, White and Blue Fun and Easy Fruit Popsicles
Play with colors! Popsicles are the perfect way to do that, like this Red, White and Blue Fun and Easy Fruit Popsicles recipe from Sunshine and Hurricanes.
Other Homemade Popsicle Recipe Ideas You’ll Love
42. Sleepyhead Popsicle Recipe
Try this sleepytime pop for your little ones that have trouble sleeping. A little bit of chamomile tea, yogurt, and a banana is the perfect evening popsicle. Wise move from Healthy Food for Living.
43. Easiest Popsicle Recipe
These are possibly the easiest popsicles you’ll ever make, and kids absolutely adore them. The best part is, there are so many jello pudding pop flavors to choose from! Always keeping your popsicle flavors exciting with this recipe.
44. Snow Cones Slushy Slush Puppies Recipe
You can use fresh snow, shaved ice, or just the regular ice you’ve got in your freezer to make these yummy slushy slush puppies from Kids Creative Chaos!
45. Hidden Vegetable Popsicles Recipe
You’re not actually cheating if you make these Hidden Vegetable Popsicles from Craftulate. Well, sort of.
46. Rainbow Slushy Ice Pops Recipe
Have a colorful summer when you make this amazingly colorful Rainbow Slushy Ice Pops from Kids Creative Chaos for the gang!
47. Painting with Popsicles Recipe
Popsicles aren’t just for food. You can make an awesome art out of them too! Paint with your popsicles this summer. It’s a fun idea from Practical Mom.
Smoothie Popsicle Recipes
48. Fruit Smoothie Ice Pops Recipe
Strawberries and blueberries are in this recipe by Dabbling Momma. Best for a kinda sick days!
49. Cherry Smoothie Popsicles Recipe
We love this Cherry Smoothie Popsicles recipe from The Life of Jennifer Dawn! Well, especially the classic red color!
Our Favorite Molds for Homemade Popsicles
- Zoku Quick Pop Maker <–Use our link for automatic 10% off any Zoku product
- Kitchen Einstein Popsicle Mold
- Fresh Baby Silicone Popsicle Maker
- Tovolo Groovy Ice Pop Maker
More Popsicle Ideas From Kids Activities Blog:
Love the different flavor combinations of homemade ice pops? Then try these other awesome popsicle ideas!
Which summer popsicle recipe are you making? Comment in the comments!