Fun Chalk Board Games Your Kids Can Create While Playing Outside
Playing outside with chalk is a great way to alleviate boredom. We’ve seen awesome chalk ideas for kids from chalk your walk happy messages to obstacle courses for people walking by. These chalk board games are awesome! Some chalk artists are taking things to the next level and creating entire board games in their driveways with chalk.
Chalk Board Games You Can Actually Play
This take on Chutes and Ladders in the driveway is just amazing and I’m in awe of the skills to turn blacktop into a board game.
1. Large Chutes & Ladders Game Drawn in Chalk
To play the really big Chutes & Ladders game made in chalk, add a large dice if you have it (or small ones if you don’t), and the game will provide fresh air and exercise, as kids can hop from square to square. Why walk if you can jump anyhow?
If you’re artistically inclined, check out other chalk games you could create! Use the games you already own for inspiration.
2. Big Chalk Checkers Board on the Sidewalk
Make your own chalk checkers board game with paper plate checkers.
An 8×8 board makes for yard checkers, in any size. Use paper plates, rocks, toys, whatever you have to make two colors of pieces.
3. Outdoor Chalk Twister Game
You can easily create a fun outdoor chalk Twister board for kids. Redraw your Twister board outside on the pavement to stretch out those muscles.
4. Big Sidewalk Chalk Dots & Boxes Game
A grid of dots can turn into a traditional game of dots and boxes, like the ones you find on restaurant menus.
5. Play Pictionary Outside with a Sidewalk Canvas
Pictionary cards can turn your entire driveway into a game. We’ve been playing it indoors, but a larger canvas sounds like a great idea.
6. Traditional Paper Games Go BIG with Chalk
Hangman and tic-tac-toe are old standbys, especially if you use reusable pieces for tic-tac-toe, before you run out of driveway space.
We’re all looking through our game stashes now to see what other games could be enlarged into chalk versions for more chalk your walk creations. Anything to get the kids outside and alleviate some of the indoor boredom sounds like a win.
More Games & Fun from Kids activities Blog
- Check out these LEGO organizer ideas!
- Try these easy cookie recipes with few ingredients.
- Make this homemade bubble solution.
- Your kids will love these pranks for kids.
- Check out these fun duct tape crafts.
- Make galaxy slime!
- Play these indoor games.
- Spread joy with these fun facts to share.
- Handprint art will give you all the feels.
- Love these fun games for girls (and boys!)
- Learn and play with these science games for kids.
- Enjoy these simple tissue paper crafts.
Did we miss a fun chalk board game? Tell us in the comments below!