Playing outside with chalk is a great way to alleviate the indoor boredom right now. We’ve seen awesome ideas, from chalk your walk happy messages to obstacle courses for people walking by.
But board games? Some chalk artists are taking things to the next level and creating entire board games in their driveways with chalk.
This take on Chutes and Ladders in the driveway is just amazing and I’m in awe of the skills to turn blacktop into a board game. Add a large dice if you have it (or small ones if you don’t), and the game will provide fresh air and exercise, as kids can hop from square to square. Why walk if you can jump anyhow?
If you’re artistically inclined, check out other chalk games you could create! Use the games you already own for inspiration.
Redraw your Twister board outside on the pavement to stretch out those muscles.
An 8×8 board makes for yard checkers, in any size. Use paper plates, rocks, toys, whatever you have to make two colors of pieces.
A grid of dots can turn into a traditional game of dots and boxes, like the ones you find on restaurant menus.
Pictionary cards can turn your entire driveway into a game. We’ve been playing it indoors, but a larger canvas sounds like a great idea.
Hangman and tic-tac-toe are old standbys, especially if you use reusable pieces for tic-tac-toe, before you run out of driveway space.
We’re all looking through our game stashes now to see what other games could be enlarged into chalk versions for more chalk your walk creations. Anything to get the kids outside and alleviate some of the indoor boredom sounds like a win.
CHECK OUT THESE AWESOME IDEAS:
- Check out these LEGO organizer ideas!
- Try these easy cookie recipes with few ingredients.
- Make this homemade bubble solution.
- Your kids will love these pranks for kids.
- Check out these fun duct tape crafts.
- Make galaxy slime!
- Play these indoor games.
- Spread joy with these fun facts to share.
- Handprint art will give you all the feels.
- Love these fun games for girls (and boys!)
- Learn and play with these science games for kids.
- Enjoy these simple tissue paper crafts.