Keeping babies and toddlers busy in a constructive way can be a challenge! That is where these simple pom pom activities come to the rescue. With a handful of soft, squishy, fuzzy, inexpensive pom poms and a little set up, you can create hours of fun and exploration for 1 year olds, 2 year olds and beyond!
Pom Pom Activities for Kids
I really recommend getting as many pom poms as possible <—affiliate link to a huge bag of 1000 pom poms!
Related: More toddler activities
I always limited my pom pom use to art projects with kids, but you can really let kids play with pom poms in so many different ways. Pom poms are the perfect thing to take out when you need to make dinner or when you need a quick activity!
How to Set Up a Pom Pom Play Station
- We piled our pom poms into a basket and created a space where my son could drop, sort, and stick pom poms!
- But, his absolute favorite item was the milk carton. I cut out an opening at the bottom of the milk carton and he dropped the pom poms through the top. Then, he could reach in and find them through the opening. He did it over and over and over! It was such a simple activity, but he learned so much and had a blast.
More Baby & Toddler Activities with Pom Poms
1. Fine Motor Skill Game with Colorful Pom Poms
This simple kids pom pom activity starts with a plastic water bottle and a pile of fuzzy pom poms!
2. Homemade Catapult Launches Pom Poms for Great Fun
Bigger kids will want to get into the pom pom launching fun with this popsicle stick catapult that you can make at home.
3. Use Pom Poms on a Sticky Wall
Make a sticky pom pom window | No Time for Flashcards
4. Sort Pom Poms for Color Matching Fun
Grab something from your baking shelf to set up this simple pom pom activity for baby | Hands on: as we Grow
5. Pom Pom Invitation to Play Idea
Save egg cartons for a simple invitation to play | The Imagination Tree
6. Encourage Little Hand Washing with Pom Pom Soap
This pom pom hand washing idea decorates the bathroom and encourages little hands to wash thoroughly!
7. Pom Pom and Velcro Activity for Toddlers
Make this simple activity with velcro and pom poms | Teach Me Mommy
8. Homemade Soda Bottle Drop Activity
Reuse your plastic bottles a little bit differently to make this fun pom pom drop | Where Imagination Grows
9. Make a Stuff It Box for Pom Pom Play
Don’t get rid of your empty wipes container ~ it’s perfect for pom pom play! | Motherhood on a Dime
10. Baby’s First Ring Toss Game
Make a simple circle sensory table for baby | B-Inspired Mama
11. Simple DIY Shoebox Game for Baby
Turn a box into a pom pom drop game inside a shoe box | I Can Teach My Child
12. Pom Pom Matching Game
Use this bath toy to make a pom pom game for baby | Activity Mom
13. Hone Skills with Broom & Pom Poms
Work on real life skills with a broom and pom poms| Our Montessori Story
14. Make Your Own Pom Pom Drop with Paper Tubes
This was a favorite at our pom pom play station: tubes and pom poms | Laughing Kids Learn
15. Create a Rainbow Rainstick
Make a rainstick with pom poms | Little Wonders’ Days
16. Easy DIY Sensory Pom Pom Bottles
Make quick and easy sensory bottles for baby | Pink Pistachio
17. Make a Pom Pom Shooter
Let older siblings (or Mom!) entertain little ones with this pom pom shooter | FSPDT
18. Holey Basket Activity
Use a basket with holes to keep baby busy | Learn with Play at Home
19. Mirror and Pom Pom Activity
Use a mirror as a creative way to play with pom poms | Buggy and Buddy
20. Simple Baby Game
Save your boxes as a simple way to play ~ just replace the balls for pom poms!
More Baby & Toddler Fun from Kids Activities Blog
- The great thing about pom poms is that it’s not only limited to 1 year old activities. There are so many ways to play and to learn.
- My son loves busy baby activities that keep him entertained and having fun! Each time I put something out for him, he goes to work immediately.
- That’s why I love the simple baby play station that we set up for him.
What is your favorite pom pom activity for little ones?