These incredible fun and easy kids craft ideas are our favorite quick crafts that can be made in 20 minutes or less with supplies you already have. Oh, and if you aren’t crafty, do not worry! These easy crafts don’t require special crafting skills or tools. Make our favorite kids arts and craft ideas together. These arts and crafts are full of color and creativity to inspire you and your family at home or in the classroom.
Colorful Crafts For Kids That EVeryone Will love
Looking for some fun and easy crafts? We have them! This is a great way to make crafts and explore rainbows and colors. Kids of all ages (and adults too) will have so much fun. This colorful rainbow of craft ideas will keep kids busy on winter days, rainy days or as a boredom buster and decorate your wall with bursts of color.
Related: 5 Minute crafts for kids
These easy DIY projects include one fun idea after another. We hope you will gain inspiration to make something today!
Favorite Kids Arts and Craft Tutorials
There is a simple craft for everyone! The best part is, many of these will be great for fine motor skills practice! Older kids and younger children will love each fun project. So grab some toilet paper rolls, pom poms, tissue paper, paper plate, and other simple craft supplies you need for each fun craft.
1. Colorful Toilet Paper Train Craft
Make a colorful cardboard roll Toilet Paper Train connected with yarn and kids will have hours of playtime fun. I love these simple ideas. Little kids will love this! What great fun! via Kids Activities Blog
Related: Another of our favorite toilet paper roll crafts
2. Rainbow Sensory Balloons Painting Art
Oh so many super easy DIY craft ideas! Fill balloons up with a variety of “textures.” She used flour, rice, cotton balls, etc. The kids enjoyed the sensory balloons as they played in paint. via Things to Share and Remember
3. Fun Rainbow Paper Craft
If you like to use construction paper as a canvas you will agree! We can’t get enough of this super awesome colorful rainbow craft! via Crafty Morning
Related: More rainbow crafts
4. Colorful Octopus Craft Made from Paper Bag
Grab your scissors! We love craft ideas that use supplies you already have on hand! Check out our octopus craft made out of paper bags. So fun! So colorfully awesome.
5. Colorful Salt Art Process Arts & Crafts Idea
No need to make a trip to the craft store, this simple project uses things you have in your kitchen. Kids will love creating their own designs with Salt Art Process. via Kids Activities Blog
6. Fireworks Cupcake Liner Craft
Easy DIY home decor and party decorations! Celebrate New Years and the 4th of July with this colorful Fireworks Cupcake Liner craft for kids. via A Little Pinch of Perfect
7. Easy Tie Dye Art Craft (Great Beginner Project)
Make Easy Tie Dye Art with baby wipes of all things! via I Can Teach My Child – Obviously this same technique could be used for t-shirts and makes a great afternoon activity for older kids, tweens and teens.
8. Colorful DIY Puffy Paint Craft
Make your own puffy paint using water, flour and salt – love the brilliant colors and it is such an easy recipe!! via Learning 4 Kids
9. Colorful Pasta Fish Craft
This Pasta Fish Craft is super colorful, and your kid will be so proud to hang it on the fridge. via I Heart Crafty Things I love the way the pasta makes great fish embellishments.
10. Lovely Penguin Art Project that is Wall-Worthy
This Penguin Art Project is so colorful and creative! via Deep Space Sparkle
11. Bright and Cheerful Popsicle Stick Baby Chicks Craft
These Popsicle Stick Baby Chicks are so bright and cheerful. via Make and Takes
12. Mess Free Squishing Painting Art
Not quite “mess-free” painting, but close to it – I love this “squishing” painting method. Squirt some paint on the paper, fold and “squish.” via Picklebums
13. Fun Nursery Rhyme Craft Using Wine Corks
Make your own nursery rhyme inspired toys! Use wine corks for storytelling in this Nursery Rhyme Activity that kids and parents alike will adore! via Kids Activities Blog
14. Window Paint Recipe For Colorful Painting Crafts
Looking for a new surface to paint on? Check out this paint recipe for window paint – great to use with sponges. via Hands On As We Grow
15. Fun Rainbow Pasta Food Craft
Let’s dye pasta the colors of the rainbow for this fun and yummy food craft using supplies from the kitchen.
Related: rainbow printable crafts and more fun
16. Colorful Fish Weaving Art for Kids
Learn how to weave with this colorful fish weaving activity. It’s so cool you’ll want to display it afterwards! via Crafty Morning
Related: Grab our free printable rainbow coloring page.
17. Color Changing Milk Science & Art Project
Have you seen our instant soap art Color Changing Milk Science Experiment yet? via Kids Activities Blog
18. Colorful Glowing Eruptions Science & Art Project
Science! Check out these colorful glowing eruptions. via Growing a Jeweled Rose
19. Rainbow Arts & Crafts Made with Pipe Cleaners
Teach kids fine motor skills with this Spring Art for Young Children activity. via One Time Through
20. DIY Paint Using Chalk and Egg for Easy Painting Art
Make your own paint using chalk and egg – the colors are brilliant and almost jewel-like! via Inner Child Fun
Unexpected Arts & Crafts Ideas
21. Colorful Skittles Easy Science & Art Project
Here’s an Easy Science Experiment using Skittles! This would be great for big kids and an easy way to get them interested in science. via Fun with Mama
22. Add Dimension To Your Painting Arts & Crafts
You can use salt and plastic cling wrap to add dimension to your painted creations. I love the look of the finished products in these Kids artworks. via Picklebums
23. Colorful Salad Spinner Arts & Craft
Use a salad spinner to create a burst of colors. In this painting activity, your kids will love watching the paint “whirl.” via Toddler Approved
Related: Paper plate crafts for kids
24. Painting With Melted Crayons Art
Who says you need “paint” to paint? We painted with melted crayons. Love this fun art idea. via Kids Activities Blog
25. Colorful Paper Towel Art
Watercolor masterpieces! Make paper towel art using paint and water. Great results!! via Kids Activities Blog. What a great craft.
26. Painters Tape To Make Colorful & Easy Painted Art
Cool enough to frame. This is a simple project for kids learning to color inside lines. Use painters tape to create works of art. via Kids Activities Blog
Common Craft Supplies Needed
- Glue – hot glue gun
- Paint – watercolor, acrylic, spray paint
- Mod Podge
- Yarn or cords, Clay, Straws
- Canvas platform: canvas, construction paper, paper, paper plate
More Art & Crafts For Kids From Kids Activities Blog
We have the best crafts! Each one has vibrant colors and the entire family will love each great activity. Younger kids, older children, doesn’t matter, these easy craft ideas are great for everyone.
- Check out these easy handprint art projects & handprint crafts
- Love, love, love these fall crafts for kids
- Oh so many awesome construction paper crafts
- Earth Day crafts that work for every day crafts!
- Let’s make Disney crafts
- Rainbow loom…need I say more? This is awesome!
- And don’t forget the rainbow loom charms…these are our favorites!
- Oh so many rainbow ideas.
- Need more color? Print these facts about rainbows.
- Let’s learn how to draw a rainbow!
- Download and print these rainbow fish coloring page ideas!
- Oh how sweet…unicorn rainbow coloring pages! Let’s grab our colored pencils…
How did your colorful crafts turn out? Let us know in the comments, we’d love to hear from you.