We have the cutest nursery rhyme craft for kids of all ages using wine corks. Wine corks are a great recycled craft supply for simple and quick crafting. We are taking our nursery rhyme crafting to a new level with storytelling! This preschool nursery rhyme craft is fun to do at home or in the classroom.
Owl and Pussycat Nursery Rhyme
The Owl and the Pussy-cat went to sea
In a beautiful pea green boat.
They took some honey, and plenty of money,
Wrapped up in a five pound note.
The Owl looked up to the stars above,
And sang to a small guitar,
‘O lovely Pussy! O Pussy my love,-The Owl & the Pussycat Nursery Rhyme
What a beautiful Pussy you are,
What a beautiful Pussy you are!’
Nursery Rhyme Craft
Let’s make an adorable visual version of the nursery rhyme using simple craft supplies.
Related: More wine cork crafts
If you want to cut down the crafting time of this nursery rhyme craft, you could prepare with pre-painted corks and boat template already cut out.
This article contains affiliate links.
Supplies Needed for Owl & Pussycat Craft
- 2 wine corks
- acrylic paint (we used brown, white and orange paint)
- craft foam
- permanent markers
- hot glue or glue dots
Directions to Make Nursery Rhyme Craft
Just paint the wine corks with base coats – if you use acrylic paints just one coat will do.
Then, with a black sharpie marker, draw on the little owl and pussycat details…. don’t forget the eyelashes!! Very important in this house!
For the pea green boat:
- Cut the simple shapes for the base and sides out of green craft foam.
- Glue together with a glue gun for instant results, or you can even use glue dots!
Finished Nursery Rhyme Craft
The pussycat does look quite pleased with himself!!
More Rhymes & Story Fun from Kids Activities Blog
- Our favorite rhyme books for kids
- Rhyming fun for kids…so many ways to rhyme!
- Storytelling ideas for kids of all ages
- Is the Baby Shark song the modern nursery rhyme?
- How to write a limerick worksheet for kids.
- A big list of book crafts for kids – crafts inspired by our favorite children’s books.
- The best Eric Carle crafts.
- Farm animal crafts…oh how cute!
- Celebrate Dr Seuss birthday with some fun kids crafts.
- Fun Cat in the Hat crafts!
How did you make your nursery rhyme crafts?