Let’s make colorful monster toilet paper roll crafts today. Making monsters out of toilet paper rolls is one of the easiest and fun crafts to do with kids of all ages. Use the craft supplies you have on hand and make the cutest, scariest monsters around! This monster craft is perfect at home or in the classroom for a giggle.
Toilet Paper Roll Monster Crafts for Kids
These bright and colorful monster toilet paper roll crafts for kids are a great not-so-scary Halloween craft or activity for a monster party. Making monsters out of cardboard tube require very few supplies too that you probably already have at home and don’t be afraid to make craft supply substitutions!
Related: More toilet paper roll crafts
I love making this an open-ended craft project for kids by placing all the supplies you have on hand out, giving a general direction for the monster craft and letting little hands get creative. You never know what crazy monsters will be made!
This article contains affiliate links.
How to make paper roll monster crafts for kids
Using paper and markers we are going to decorate toilet paper rolls to look like monsters.
- Paper rolls, toilet paper rolls, craft rolls, paper towel rolls or cardboard tubes
- Scrapbook paper, construction paper or wrapping paper
- Googley eyes – both small and big
- Markers and/or paint and/or glitter glue
- Scissors or preschool training scissors
Instructions for paper roll monsters
Use a measuring tape to get the dimensions around the toilet paper roll as well as the length of it. Cut pieces of scrapbook paper allowing an extra 1/4 inch around the width. Attach the paper to the toilet paper roll with glue.
Cut pieces of scrapbook paper in different colors (or shades of the main color) to make hair or horns for your monsters. Attach each one to your monsters using glue.
It’s time to add facial features and googly eyes. You can use paint or markers to add the facial features and attach the googly eyes using glue.
Our finished monster paper roll crafts for kids
- Paper rolls
- Scrapbook paper
- Google eyes
- Markers and/or paint
- Using a measuring tape measure the length and around the toilet paper roll.
- Cut a piece of paper to size and attach it around the toilet paper roll using glue.
- Cut strips of contrasting or lighter shades of paper to make horns or hair for your monster. Roll it and glue it inside the paper roll.
- Attach googly eyes to your monsters, and then use markers or paint to add faces.
More monster crafts from Kids Activities Blog
- Grab rocks from the garden and make these rock monsters.
- These no mess monsters are so much fun to make.
- Ping pong ball monsters are fun to make and play with too.
- Try this Letter M for monster craft.
- These free monster coloring pages are great for kids of all ages.
- Check out these silly foam cup monsters.
- If that’s not enough, we have 50 more monster crafts for you to make too.
Have you made monster paper roll crafts with your kids? How did they turn out?