Celebrate fall by making these 24 Super Fun Preschool Fall Crafts with your kids!
Fall Crafts for Preschoolers
This post contains affiliate links.
We’re big into kids fall crafts and love creating with our little ones. The best part about these fall crafts is that most of them can be made with things you already have around your house, and some imagination. So grab your crafting supplies (and maybe some natural elements too) and let’s get started!
- Whooooo wants to make this adorable Owl Mask from The Educator’s Spin On It? This preschool fall craft would also be a great addition to a Halloween Costume!
- Make a DIY Pine Cone Bird Feeder. This is such an easy preschool fall craft!
- Kids will love making Glued to My Crafts‘ Paper Plate Scarecrow, with just a few supplies you probably already have on hand.
Fall Art Projects for Preschoolers
- Paint with fall leaves in this preschool fall craft from Minne Mama.
- Tissue paper fall leaves are the perfect autumn kids craft!
- Crafty Morning‘s handprint acorn preschool fall craft makes the sweetest keepsake!
- Use fruit loops and toilet paper rolls to make fall trees with this cool craft from Jessica Holmes Candle In the Night.
- Carrots are Orange has the best inexpensive fall leaf activities to make with your preschooler.
- We are loving this leaf painting art from Gigi’s Joy Photography! It’s such a fun preschool fall craft!
Fall Crafts for Toddlers
- Glued to My Crafts has the cutest popsicle stick felt fox craft to make with your preschooler.
- The Imagination Tree is just full of fun fall craft ideas! Check out their Autumn Play Collection: 40 Fabulous Ideas!
- Check out Toddler Approved‘s tutorial, and then create a fall leaf wreath to hang up, with your little one!
- Turn fallen pine cones into a fun snake.
- Here’s a cute handprint pumpkin card you can make with your preschooler, from Frugal Fun for Boys and Girls.
- Stamp with apples in this classic preschool fall craft from Crafty Morning.
- Make Glued to My Craft‘s adorable tissue paper black cat with your kiddos.
Easy Fall Crafts for Preschoolers
- Salvage empty tin cans from your recycling bin and repurpose them into fall crafts with these 26 Tin Can Activities from Hands On: As We Grow.
- Make Crafty Morning‘s handprint scarecrow with your preschooler!
- Draw with nature in this fun preschool fall craft.
- Planning a trip to the apple orchard? Check out Messy Kids‘ Apple Ideas!
- Use Legos to make Crafty Morning‘s Indian Corn painting.
- Nothing says “fall” like this scarecrow paper plate craft from Finding Zest!
- Make a turkey with tissue paper and toilet paper rolls with this tutorial from The Resourceful Mama.
Tips for Crafting with Toddlers
Some of my most treasured toddler moments with my daughter were spent crafting together–but that’s not to say that it always went smoothly, haha!
Toddlers have a mind of their own and if you don’t stick to a set schedule, it can be hard to work on a project of any sort. I always planned crafting time around nap and meal times to make sure my little one was well-rested and fed before crafting. It made a huge difference!
Also, set up everything you will need before you start crafting. Whether it’s paints, paintbrushes, scissors, glue, wipes, glitter, water, and paper towel. If you turn your back for even a second you might wind up with a freshly (unintentionally) painted wall.
Work in little spurts, in order to hold their attention. We would take breaks, get cleaned up, and go work on something else–playing or reading. I loved finding short and easy crafts to do with her at this age.
Anticipate the mess and work around it. I always saved (clean) plastic table cloths from my daughter’s birthday parties and laid them underneath the crafting table as well as on the table, and I made sure that she wore old play clothes or a smock. The mess is half the fun, and part of learning skills!
Fall Crafts for the Whole Family:
- 180 Gorgeous Fall Crafts
- Fall Popsicle Stick Crafts
- 30 Fun and Festive Fall Leaf Crafts
- 6 Fall Apple Crafts for Kids
SOME MORE OF OUR FAVORITE ACTIVITIES:
- Play these 50 science games for kids
- Help your kids learn how to make bubbles at home!
- My kids are obsessed with these active indoor games.
- Spread joy with these fun facts to share
- Handprint art will give you all the feels
- Love these fun games for girls (and boys!)
- Your kids will love these pranks for kids
- Check out these fun duct tape crafts
- Make galaxy slime!
- Let kids explore this virtual Hogwarts escape room!
- Check out these kids education websites offering free subscriptions.
What preschool fall crafts are you creating with your kids? Comment below!