I don’t know about you, but it seems like every year in mid-September, my kids develop serious Halloween fever. They are suddenly on the hunt for the perfect Halloween costume, and they want to decorate the house and yard with Halloween decor immediately.
Making Halloween crafts is also one of their favorite things to do this time of year, so I recently searched for a variety of Halloween craft ideas.
This list of 30+ Halloween craft ideas, includes some arts and crafts that can double as homemade Halloween decorations as well as Halloween activities for kids.
HALLOWEEN ARTS & CRAFTS
Create a fun Halloween Jack-o-Lantern craft using a coffee filter!
Your kids will love making their own Halloween night light!
Make spooktacular Halloween soap bars at home!
Transform a wooden bird house into a mini haunted house.
Create a Halloween suncatcher and display it in any window in your home! Via Mosswood Connections
Decorate your door with a homemade Halloween paper plate wreath. Via I Heart Arts N Crafts
HALLOWEEN CRAFTS FOR TODDLERS
Make a cute pumpkin craft using only a water bottle cap and paint! Via Crafty Morning
Craft an adorable pumpkin, mummy, or spider with none-other-than seashells. Via Mini Monets and Mommies
Have some toilet paper rolls hanging around? Put them to good use as pumpkin stamps! Via Crafty Morning
Break out your puffy paints and create this fun art project. Via Emma Owl
Kids of all ages enjoy creating these pencil eraser ghosts! Via Crafty Morning
Looking for a craft with zero “Boo!” Factor? These cute peg dolls fit the bill. Via Mini Monets and Mommies
HALLOWEEN ACTIVITIES FOR KIDS
Paint your nails so they look like they have slime on them! Via Totally the Bomb
Show one of these 18 kid-friendly movies at your upcoming Halloween party. Via Spaceships and Laser Beams
The perfect sensory activity for a Halloween party! Via Buggy and Buddy
Do you love candy corn? Now you can make your fingernails look like your favorite candy! Via Totally the Bomb
Whip up a batch of Halloween slime! Via The Best Ideas for Kids
You’ve got to see this oh-so-clever Peek-a-Boo Frankenstein. No doubt, your kids are going to want to make one! Via Crafty Journal
HOMEMADE HALLOWEEN DECORATIONS
This hanging bat is almost as much fun to make as it is to display. Via I Heart Arts N Crafts
Use clay to sculpt cute orange pumpkins on the vine. Via Joyfully Weary
Create a scarecrow photo frame, perfect for holding a picture taken at the pumpkin patch. Via Artsy Craftsy Mom
Make a popsicle stick witch frame to display your favorite Halloween photo. Via Crafty Morning
Decorate your own Halloween bat and display it at home! Via Mini Monets and Mommies
Make these simple cardboard tube mummies! Via Creative Family Fun
PRESCHOOL HALLOWEEN CRAFTS
These paper plate spiders are fun and easy to make! Via I Heart Crafty Things
Check out these fourteen Halloween crafts you can make using toilet paper rolls! Via Spaceships and Laser Beams
Create an adorable itsy bitsy spider finger puppet. Via Lalymom
This playful spider craft will entertain your kiddos while they all sing the Itsy Bitsy Spider song. Via I Heart Crafty Things
Another fun paper plate Halloween craft! Via I Heart Crafty Things
This black cat bobblehead is the cutest thing I’ve seen in a long time. Via Fireflies and Mudpies
There you have it – 30 Halloween craft ideas for kids! If you’re looking for more Halloween activities, we’ve compiled this list of 125+ Spooky Halloween Activities and Games for Kids.
What are you most looking forward to making or decorating with your kids this Halloween season? Please share your comments below!
MORE HALLOWEEN FUN
- Make some Halloween recycled crafts like these bottle cap spiders.
- If you’re short on time, Halloween craft kits are definitely the way to go!
- Searching for more fun Halloween crafts for kids? Look no further.
- My kids love making these black cat Halloween art projects!
- These Oreo Halloween cookie pops are to die for!
- Save money with these homemade costume ideas for kids!
- Searching for Halloween dress up ideas diy? Here you go!
- These Halloween hacks will make your house extra spooky this Halloween!
- Here’s how to make drinks smoke for Halloween!
- Play these fun Halloween math games with your neighbors and friends.
- Want to know the best kids Halloween movies to show at a party or sleepover? We’ve got you covered.
- My kids loved this haunted house craft. Plus, it doubles as a decoration!
- These Halloween door decorations will make your house spooktacular!
- These Halloween bags for kids are a snap to make!
- My kids inhale these Halloween pudding treats!