Making a paper plate witch hat is super simple and they make really great table decorations for a Halloween party! So whether you make just one for fun or a whole bunch as party centerpieces, you’ll be surprised at just how simple this “witch craft” is.. get it? Witchcraft??
Paper Plate Witch Hat
I have provided a simple pattern for you to help you trim the paper plate that will serve as the cone shape of the witch’s hat. You don’t need to use it, you can just cut the plate yourself and eyeball it if you prefer. For this project you will need:
- 2 paper plates
- Black paint
- Scrap of black felt
- strip of purple felt
- Stapler or tape
- Hot glue gun (grown up should handle)
- Paint the front side (the side you would eat on) of one of the paper plates black. Paint the back side of the other paper plate black. Let dry.
- Use the pattern to cut off a small section of the second plate (the one that is painted on the back). Now roll it into a cone shape and staple to hold it in place.
- Cut a piece of black felt into a rectangle. Fold it in half and cut a smaller rectangle out of the center to create the buckle.
- Cut a strip of purple felt long enough to go around the wide end of the cone you created.
- Glue the buckle to the center of the purple strip, then glue the strip to the wide end of the cone.
- Glue the top of the hat (the cone) to the other black paper plate.
Make as many as you like and place one on each table for your Halloween party! Sprinkle some of those little plastic spiders about, or even stretch some fake spider webs from the top of the hat to the edge of the table, or to your Halloween place cards. Happy Halloween!