Have you always wanted to learn how to make soap at home? Then, you’re in the right place!
I’ve always been partial to those darling handcrafted soaps with spiders and bugs trapped inside that you often find at boutique stores. They are so fun and festive!
What about making your own spooky Halloween soaps this year?
They are simple to make and relatively inexpensive.
And soap making is one of my favorite Halloween activities to do with my kids.
I’ll show you how to make homemade soap this Halloween – soap that your kids will actually want to use!
Here is how to make homemade soap:
Homemade Halloween Soap
(Includes affiliate links.)
Soap Making Supplies
1. Cut the glycerin block along the pre-scored lines, filling each cup of a flexible silicone muffin mold with two sections of soap.
Another option is to cut the glycerin up and place all of the soap sections (2-3 per muffin cup) into a microwaveable bowl. Then, microwave the soap as directed and quickly pour into the muffin mold.
2. Put the silicone muffin mold into the microwave for 30 seconds to melt the glycerin. It’s likely that you’ll need to continue to heat the soap; do so for 10 seconds at a time and then recheck it.
3. Remove melted soap from the microwave and place on a flat surface. (Bear in mind, the silicone muffin mold bends very easily, so you may want to remove the glass tray from your microwave with the muffin mold on top to avoid spilling the soap.)
4. Using tweezers, push small plastic Halloween toys face down in the melted soap.
5. Allow the soap to cool (at least 40 minutes).
6. Once the soap has fully hardened, gently pop the bars out of the flexible muffin cups. (My 4-year-old daughter became a pro at this!)
7. Cover soap bars with tissue paper or clear wrap and tie with ribbon.
And that’s all there is to it! Now you know how to make soap at home!
And who knows, maybe your own little ghosts and goblins will want to wash their hands when they see how fun the soap is!
Have you ever made homemade Halloween soap? Or soap for any other holiday? Share with us any tips or tricks below!
MORE HALLOWEEN ARTS & CRAFTS
- Want to whip up more soap with toys in the middle? Go for it!
- My preschooler is all about making Halloween paper plate crafts like this adorable witch.
- Make these fun Frankenstein crafts with your kids!
- Looking for decorating inspiration? Check out these 17 cool pumpkin ideas.
- I spy with my little eye … a lantern with Halloween eyeballs.
- These Halloween treat bags for kids are a snap to make!
- Halloween science experiments! Need we say more?
- Eeeek! These scary Halloween crafts are sure to give you a fright!
- Calling all spider lovers! You’ll gonna love this Halloween spider craft.
- Are bats more your speed? Check out this cute bat craft.
- These Halloween footprints are so darling! Use your feet to create the spookiest ghosts around.
- My kids love easy crafts! And I do, too. How about you?
- Have some leftover egg cartons on hand? Try a few of these fun egg carton crafts.
- Learn how to make a shield for your child’s Halloween costume – or just because!
- Make the most amazing borax crystals with your kids!
- Searching for more arts and crafts for kids? We’ve got you covered.