It’s that time of year again! Leaves are changing colors, the weather is getting cooler, and Halloween is sneaking up on us. That means fall is here, and what better way to get ready than making Halloween crafts for kids?
Celebrate fall with a Paper Pumpkin Craft for kids from the book, Easy Paper Projects by Maggy Woodley.
Easy Paper Projects by Maggy Woodley
This post contains affiliate links.
We are so excited to partner with Page Street Publishing to share this awesome activity book for kids with you!
This book has hours of fun and over 50 awesome crafts that you can do as a family. They don’t require too many crazy items, because they are paper crafts.
About This Book
When we first got the book, I couldn’t wait to try some of the simple projects inside. It is the perfect activity book for ages 6-11. Maggy encourages you to experiment with different kinds of paper, including scrap paper. Many of the projects require very little tools, and you learn different techniques, like origami and quilling.
There are step-by-step instructions for 60 different projects, but each project encourages kids to use the techniques they’ve learned to stretch their imaginations and try something new.
Pumpkin Paper Craft for Kids
This 3D Pumpkin craft caught my eye immediately. It is simple and perfect for kids. You could use the finished pumpkins to create a garland. The folding and cutting is great practice for fine motor skills.
Plus, it makes the cutest fall and Halloween decor. You can make these easy paper pumpkin crafts all different sizes! I think a big pumpkin, a medium pumpkin, and a small pumpkin, would look great on my coffee table with a candy dish nearby.
Supplies You Need To Make This Paper Pumpkin Craft
Here’s what you need to make this Pumpkin Paper Craft for Kids:
- Orange paper
- Green paper scraps
- A glass or tin can
- Lead pencil
- Glue stick
How To Make A Paper Pumpkin
- Use the glass or tin can to trace 8-10 circles on the orange paper. Cut them out, and fold them in half.
- Attach two folded circles together by gluing half of the circle on top of another. Repeat until all of your circles and stacked.
- Trim the top and bottom of your circles to create a pumpkin shape.
- Cut a short stem and a long strip from the green paper. Using scissors, carefully curl the paper strip to become a vine. Glue the stem and vine to one of your circles.
- Add glue to the outside semicircles and press them together to form your 3D shape.
- Now you’ve got a pumpkin!
This simple project is just one example of the awesome tutorials found in Easy Paper Projects. You can purchase Easy Paper Projects on Amazon and at bookstores today!
Looking For More Pumpkin Crafts?
This 3D pumpkin paper craft is super cute, but we have other pumpkin crafts as well!
Want something less involved? We have a ton of free Halloween coloring pages.