This adorable pumpkin paper craft is surprisingly easy and creates 3D paper pumpkins from construction paper or card stock with just glue and scissors. Kids of all ages will love creating their own unique paper pumpkins that can stand on their own. This makes a great pumpkin craft for home or the classroom.
Pumpkin Paper Craft for Kids
This 3D Pumpkin craft caught my eye immediately. It is simple and perfect for kids. You could use the finished pumpkins to cutest fall and Halloween décor. You can make these easy paper pumpkin crafts all different sizes! I think a big pumpkin, a medium pumpkin, and a small pumpkin, would look great on my coffee table with a candy dish nearby.
Related: More pumpkin crafts for kids
The folding and cutting in this easy pumpkin craft is great practice for fine motor skills. With younger kids you could pre-cut the pieces.
This post contains affiliate links.
Supplies Needed To Make This Cute Paper Pumpkin Craft
Directions to Make A 3D Paper Pumpkin
Use the glass or tin can to trace 8-10 circles on the orange paper. Cut them out, and fold them in half.
Attach two folded circles together by gluing half of the circle on top of another. Repeat until all of your circles and stacked.
Trim the top and bottom of your circles to create a pumpkin shape.
Cut a short stem and a long strip from the green paper. Using scissors, carefully curl the paper strip to become a vine. Glue the stem and vine to one of your circles.
Add glue to the outside semicircles and press them together to form your 3D shape.
Now you’ve got a pumpkin!
While using paper strips to make the vines on your pumpkin, you can easily use a green pipe cleaner too. Though green construction paper does suit a little better, you can make this craft your own!
Our Experience With This Amazing Paper Pumpkin Craft
What’s not to like about this paper pumpkin? It’s a fun craft full of fall colors. And it’s a 3D craft, not a flat tissue paper pumpkin craft. Not that anything is wrong with those kinds of crafts, but the 3D part is the fun part.
My kids were able to turn these 3D pumpkins into beautiful cards for their grandparents and teachers. Or you can use a hole puncher and use string to hang up your pumpkin craft. It’s a fun fall craft that also makes great decor.
We also made it a couple different ways. If you use glitter paper then it makes your pumpkins extra fancy.
These aren’t just great fall home décor, we also used them as Halloween decor too. It’s a fun paper craft that you can you can get all the supplies for at the dollar store.
Easy Paper Projects by Maggy Woodley
This simple project is just one example of the awesome tutorials found in Easy Paper Projects written by our friend, Maggy Woodley (used with her permission). You can purchase Easy Paper Projects on Amazon and at bookstores today!
This book has hours of fun and over 50 awesome crafts that you can do as a family. They don’t require too many crazy items, because they are paper crafts.
- Orange paper
- Green paper scraps
- A glass or tin can
- Lead pencil
- Glue stick
- Use the glass or tin can to trace 8-10 circles on the orange paper. Cut them out, and fold them in half.
- Attach two folded circles together by gluing half of the circle on top of another. Repeat until all of your circles and stacked.
- Trim the top and bottom of your circles to create a pumpkin shape.
- Cut a short stem and a long strip from the green paper. Using scissors, carefully curl the paper strip to become a vine. Glue the stem and vine to one of your circles.
- Add glue to the outside semicircles and press them together to form your 3D shape.
- Now you've got a pumpkin!
MORE PUMPKIN CRAFTS & FUN FROM KIDS ACTIVITIES BLOG
- This paper pumpkin craft is one of my favorites!
- Check out this cute 5 little pumpkins craft.
- This pumpkin suncatcher craft is a fun pumpkin craft for toddlers.
- Use this pumpkin printable to fold into a cute 3D pumpkin craft.
- This paper plate pumpkin jack-o-lantern doubles as an emotions activity for kids.
- Check out all the fun pumpkin ideas in this pumpkin craft and decorating resource!
- Download & print our cute pumpkin coloring pages for a quick activity or as a craft template.
- Love these pumpkin crafts and ideas!
- This cute pumpkin door hanger craft is perfect for decorating your front porch this fall!
- Pumpkin handprint art is a great way to get even little kids involved in crafting for fall.
- These no carve pumpkin ideas are perfect for real pumpkins that last longer on your porch or are safer for your kids to help decorate.
- Make a cereal box pumpkin craft for kids!
- Make a string pumpkin craft…these turn out so cute and are incredibly cheap to make!
- Easy pumpkin carving is essential with kids so we show you how to carve a pumpkin!
- Don’t miss out on these free and fun pumpkin carving stencils!
- That means fall is here, and what better way to get ready than making Halloween crafts for kids?
How did your 3D paper pumpkin craft turn out? Let us know down in the comments!