Super Cute Wooden Spoon Garden Craft for Kids
This Wooden Spoon Garden Craft is perfect for kids of all ages with a green thumb. The finished wooden spoon craft person looks adorable in potted plants or in the garden. We love that this easy craft works for even younger kids like preschoolers and Kindergartners to make independently.
Wooden Spoon Craft for Kids
With Spring and Summer here it is time to get outside and plant, but what better way to identify all your plants than with this garden craft! Kids will love surprising someone they love with a beautiful plant and a handmade wooden spoon garden ornament.
Related: Crafty Garden Critters
This article contains affiliate links.
Supplies Needed To Make A Wooden Garden Spoon
Directions to Make A Wooden Spoon Person
Spread out a large blanket and the craft supplies, then invite children to apply googly eyes to their spoons. Diverse sizes, shapes, and colors are fun to choose from!
Now it’s time to get even more creative!
Take a minute and visual the spoons. Think about how you want it to look.
Kids will have a blast deciding what their spoon should look like! Green hair? Large pink lips? Striped? The possibilities are endless!
Put a paper plate underneath these easy garden crafts to prevent an accidental mess. It’s a lot of fun, but we don’t want the mess.
Dress them up! Felt clothes, yarn hair, and pipe cleaner arms are easy to attach to the spoons with tacky craft glue. It would be fun to add beads and bells to the yarn hair!
Last, add details like lips, eyelashes, or polka dots with the markers.
Garden Wooden Spoon Craft
Plain wooden spoons can often be purchased in packs of 6 or 12, making this craft perfect for groups of children at home, or school. Or you could save the extra wooden spoons for crafts, your choice.
These garden markers are a great project and can even be turned into outdoor crafts if you have a picnic table. Tis the perfect way to get kids outside and creative. Such an easy project to do.
Finished Garden Wooden Spoon Person
Aren’t they cute? What a fun craft for kids! Little fingers from young kids can make these! And the best part it is not super messy with acrylic paint or anything.
Use them as markers to identify your plants or use them to make your garden even more colorful and beautiful! These would also make great little gifts for other gardeners in your life.
You can pair these with your garden stake, bean pole teepee, fairy houses, and other garden decor. It’s a great way to make your huge garden colorful and beautiful. Or even your concrete, wood, or plastic planters.
Wooden Spoon Garden Craft
This Wooden Spoon Garden Craft is perfect for kids with a green thumb. It looks cute in potted plants or in the garden and is very easy for kids to make.
- Wooden spoons
- Googly eyes
- Permanent markers
- Pipe cleaners
- Tacky craft glue
- Spread out a large blanket and the craft supplies, then invite children to apply googly eyes to their spoons.
- Diverse sizes, shapes, and colors are fun to choose from! Kids will have a blast deciding what their spoon should look like! Green hair? Large pink lips? Striped?
- The possibilities are endless! Felt clothes, yarn hair, and pipe cleaner arms are easy to attach to the spoons with tacky craft glue.
- Last, add details like lips, eyelashes, or polka dots with the markers.
Love Gardening? We Have So Many Awesome Ideas!
- If your kids like making decorations for their garden, they may also enjoy crafting adorable Ladybug Stones.
- Need some tips on how to garden with kids? We have 35 tips and hacks to help!
- Afraid your kids are too small to help in the garden? We have a list of things your kids can do in the garden based on their age.
- Did you know you can grow your own vegetables with potato grow bags?
- Love fairy gardens? Then you’ll want to check out this fairy garden observation deck!
- Need more fairy garden ideas? We have 14 magical fairy gardens you can make!
- How cute is this DIY felt succulent garden! Perfect practice for kids to take care of a “garden”.
- How cute is this bean pole garden tent? It will make your garden a fun place to be!
- Looking for more 5 minute crafts?
How did your wooden spoon craft turn out?