Today we are making a fun and creepy crawly green frog slime recipe. Kids of all ages will have fun making and playing with what we are calling frog vomit slime! This easy homemade slime recipe can be made in just a few minutes and stores well in an airtight container for later use.
Homemade Green Frog Slime Recipe for Kids
Slime is ooey, gooey, and MESSY. But most of all, it’s fun. Fun to make, fun to play with, and fun to make a complete mess with.
Related: 15 more ways how to make slime at home
I always say, messy memories are the BEST ones! Let’s get to making some disgustingly fun (and messy) slime!
This article contains affiliate links.
Frog Vomit Slime Recipe
Supplies Needed to Make Frog Vomit Slime
- 1 cup clear school glue
- 2 cups warm water, divided
- 2 drops green food coloring
- 3 drops yellow food coloring
- (Optional) 2-3 drops lime essential oil
- 1 tsp borax powder
- Plastic Flies (toys)
Directions to Make Frog Slime
Grab a large bowl and measure out the clear glue. Add 1 cup of the warm water, the food coloring, and the essential oil (if using).
Next, mix the remaining 1 cup of warm water with the borax powder into a small cup or bowl:
- Slowly pour the borax mixture into the large bowl of glue mixture.
- Continuing stirring as you pour the borax mixture in.
- Slime will start to form before your eyes.
Use your hands to knead the slime until it’s fully formed.
Now, add your fly toys and knead them into the slime.
Finished Frog Slime Recipe
Your slime is now ready for play!
We love this slime because of the bright green color. You can store this slime for up to a week in an airtight container and play with it over and over again!
Love this slime? We Wrote the Book on Slime!
Our book, 101 Kids Activities that are the Ooey, Gooey-est Ever! features tons of fun slimes, doughs, and moldables just like this one to provide hours of ooey, gooey fun! Awesome, right? You can also check out more slime recipes here.
MORE HOMEMADE SLIME RECIPES FOR KIDS TO MAKE
- More ways how to make slime without borax.
- Another fun way of making slime — this one is black slime that is also magnetic slime.
- Try making this awesome DIY slime, unicorn slime!
- Make pokemon slime!
- Somewhere over the rainbow slime…
- Inspired by the movie, check out this cool (get it?) Frozen slime.
- Make alien slime inspired by Toy Story.
- Crazy fun fake snot slime recipe.
- Make your own glow in the dark slime.
- Let’s make galaxy slime!
- Don’t have time for making your own slime? Here are a few of our favorite Etsy slime shops.
How did your frog slime turn out?