36 Patriotic American Flag Arts & Crafts for Kids
These American flag crafts offer so many creative ideas for celebrating the Fourth of July, Flag Day, Memorial Day, Election Day, Constitution Day, Veterans Day or every day! Kids of all ages can participate in these fun DIY flag crafts and flag art projects that are great for entertainment or decorating. So many ways to make an American flag!
Fun And Patriotic American Flag Crafts
These USA flag crafts work great as Fourth of July DIY flag crafts or for many other American holidays that feature the red white and blue. Whether it is Memorial day, Veteran’s Day, or the 4th of July, we have gathered the perfect American flag craft to celebrate each.
Related: More patriotic crafts for kids
Some USA flag crafts are just fun, others can be kept as keepsakes, and a few can also double as decorations! So gather your art supplies and start celebrating with these fun and patriotic crafts!
This article contains affiliate links.
American Flag Crafts For Kids of All ages
1. American Flag Painting
Pom-Pom American Flag Painting Craft – This is a fun and creative way to paint a flag. This is great way to make an American flag for kids!
2. DIY American Flag Painted T-Shirts
Fourth of July T-Shirt – You’ve got your decorations. It is time to decorate yourself. This is such a fun idea for making a custom flag shirt. It is a great way to be patriotic!
3. Make an American Flag on Stick
Popsicle Stick Flag Craft – These are perfect for waving at a holiday parade. Plus they’re easy to make! Just need glue and popsicle sticks!
4. DIY Bleach Shirt
Bleach T-Shirts – Here’s another really fun t-shirt idea. It is easy to get a great look for this coming holiday. You can make an American flag on your shirt using tape and bleach!
5. Preschool American Flag Craft
Egg Carton American Flag – Turn an egg carton into a flag with paint and stars. This is one of my favorite American flag ideas, because we can be patriotic and recycle.
6. 4th of July Popsicle Stick Arts and Crafts
Popsicle Stick Flags – I featured a great popsicle stick flags above, but here’s another great version. This is another great 4th of July arts and craft!
7. Download & Print these 4th of July Coloring Pages
4th of July Coloring Pages – Coloring pages are always such an easy way to get kids excited about upcoming holidays. You will love the options you find here. With this download you will get 7 4th of July coloring pages.
8. American Flag Craft Made from a Paper Plate
Paper Plate American Flag Craft – This simple American flag art starts with a paper plate. This American flag craft is also great on the budget as you just need paint and a paper plate!
American Flag Art Projects for Kids
9. Patriotic American Flag Craft
Simple American Flag Craft – This one is made using construction paper. So fun! This patriotic American flag craft is great for preschoolers and kindergarteners.
10. 4th of July Jewelry
Flag Inspired Straw Necklaces – These straw necklaces are really easy to make and an adorable accessory inspired by the American flag. Your kids will love dressing up in this 4th of July Jewelry.
11. American Flag Craft For Toddlers
Hands and Feet Flag – Kids will love using something other than a paint brush to make this American flag. Just be sure to bring a hose! This American flag craft for toddlers can also be used as a keepsake!
12. How To Make An American Flag With Recycled Magazines
American Flag Magazine Collage – Kids of all ages can make this super cool looking American flag collage out of old magazines. Meaningful Mama shows you step by step how to make an American flag with recycled magazines and it looks so cool.
13. Drinking Straw American Flag Toddler Craft
Drinking Straw American Flag – How creative to use drinking straws to make a patriotic design. Very clever and great outcome! Use paper, drinking straws, and glue to make this American flag toddler craft.
14. American Flag Popsicle Stick Craft
Popsicle Stick Flags – Wow! These popsicle stick flags are adorable, inexpensive and great for kids. I love the banner they made out of them. This American flag popsicle stick craft is great, it keeps the little one busy and acts as a decoration!
15. Use this American Flag Printable as a Craft STarter
American Flag Dot Paint – This activity comes with a free printable and dot paints are perfect for kids of all ages with little clean up. Not only is it patriotic, but works on fine motor skills as well.
16. Cool DIY Patriotic Duct Tape Flag
Duct Tape American Flag – What a beautiful outcome. You’d never know this flag was made from duct tape. This patriotic duct tape flag doubles as decorations that you can use on Memorial Day, Veterans Day, and even the 4th of July.
Cool American Flag Crafts & Ideas
17. American Flag Craft Preschool Kids Can Do
Colored Rice American Flag – What a clever idea. This colored rice in another way to create a flag with a lot of texture. How fun for the kids to sprinkle on the rice like glitter.
18. Vintage Ruffled Flag
Vintage Ruffled Flag – How creative! I would have never thought to make a flag like this out of fabric. It is the perfect craft for your beginning sewer.
19. American Flag Canvas Craft
Toddler Made Canvas Flag – This is the perfect craft for you little ones. I love, love the handprint in the middle of the star section.
20. Handprint Flag Craft Perfect for Memorial Day
American Flag Handprint – Who doesn’t love handprint crafts? This is such a fun idea to do with your kids for the 4th.
21. Mosaic Flag Craft for Kids
Magazine Mosaic American Flag – Introduce your kids to the art concept of mosaic with this great looking American flag made from magazines.
Ways to Make an American Flag
22. DIY Wooden Flag Craft
Pottery Barn Inspired Wooden Flag – At first glance, this craft may seem more adult driven. However, is there any reason your kids couldn’t help paint, sand and hammer nails to create this amazing piece? It’s a work of art and would be really fun to create as a family.
23. Make a Paper Flag Craft
Crepe Paper American Flag – Here’s an inexpensive craft kids can make to make a larger format decoration for a 4th of July party.
24. American Flag Luminaries Paper Craft
American Flag Luminaries – These are such a fun and creative decorating solution for 4th of July. Kids will be proud to contribute to the holiday decor.
25. DIY Paper Chain American Flag Craft For Kindergarteners
Paper Chain American Flag – There is symbolism behind this great craft. It would be great to talk about how “united we stand” as you are putting together the links to create this flag.
26. Craft this Cute Flag Button Craft
Paint Sticks and Buttons Flag – What a creative use of materials. This American flag craft is absolutely adorable.
American Flag Painting & Craft Ideas
27. Tissue Paper American Flag Craft
Tissue Paper American Flag – Here’s another great idea that includes a printable. I imagine kids would stay focused for quite some time until they have their designs complete.
28. Flag Art Projects For Preschoolers Using Play Dough
Play-dough Flag Activity – What a fun way to play with play-dough around the 4th of July holiday. I had never thought of molding play-dough onto printables like this. Brilliant!
29. American Flag Painting For Kids
Q-Tip American Flag -I love doing pointillism with kids. Here is an American flag activity that teaches this great technique.
30. Make a Footprint Flag
Fingerprint and Footprint Flag – I bet the kids had a blast with this one. Getting your feet painted for a craft is sure to bring out the giggles in most kids.
31. Craft an American Flag Yarn Wreath
Yarn American Flag – This looks like a great activity for you tactile kids. They will get to layer up the yarn textures to create a flag.
Create a Flag
32. How To Make A Flag Bracelet
Shrinky Dink Flags – This flag bracelet is so cool. Even though it features a number of different flags, I had to include it in this round up because I’ve never seen DIY Shrinky Dinks before.
33. Handprint Flag Craft for Kids
Handprint and Fingerprint Flag – We saw the flag done in footprints and fingerprints, but I love this version too. I guess there are a lot of great combinations.
34. Paper Flag: Patriotic Craft Ideas For Kids
Paper Flag – Why not keep it simple? Kids would love coloring a bunch of these for any family or friend gathering.
35. Paper American Flag Crafts Using Paper Strips
Simple American Flag Paper Strip Craft – This is such a great beginning Fourth of July craft for the littler ones in your world – not that kids of all ages wouldn’t enjoy it.
36. Make Edible American Flag Marshmallow Pops
American Flag Marshmallow Pops – Here’s an edible craft kids can do. What do you think they’ll enjoy more? Making it or eating it?
–>Try our diversity activity for kids!
I hope you have been inspired by these American flag crafts. The variety of materials and age level appropriateness should provide you with a list that meets the needs of any parent or caregiver.
American Flag Craft Kits & supplies for Kids
- Make Tissue Paper American Flag Crafts with this Paper Kit
- Check out these fun and patriotic American Flag stickers
- These red white and blue wooden craft beads are perfect for patriotic crafts
- American flag faux leather sheets for crafting
- Flags of Valor wooden American Flag craft kits for kids ages 5-7
Looking For More American Flag Fun?
- Your children will love these printable American flag coloring pages!
- These Memorial day coloring pages have the American flag and soldiers you can color.
- Learn about the election with these American flag and other patriotic crafts!
- While this may not be a flag craft you can learn about the American flag and America’s birthday!
- Check out this 4th of July flying lantern! It looks like an American flag and lights up!
- Crafts are fun, but you can also make red, white, and blue snacks too!
More Flag Crafts from Kids Activities Blog
- Fun Mexican flag crafts for kids
- Let’s make Irish flag colors too!
- British flag craft for kids
Which was your favorite American flag craft?
“It has been said that when the wave to came in Fortress Sumter, it went up wherever in the North — practically like enchantment,” Leepson includes. “This was the start of what students of history called ‘the clique of the Top US Muscle,’ a practically religious emotions that the Americans have for the stars and stripes.”