Dragon Scale Slime is one of our favorite homemade slime recipes. Kids will love creating this colorful and unique slime that has a very unique texture and a sparkly deep color that shimmers in the light. It is an easy slime recipe that is unique in many ways.
Dragon Slime Recipe
This easy slime recipe requires 5 ingredients and the slime results look like magical dragon scales.
You can get a variety of colors in cosmetic powder and sparkles to give your kids the creativity to make the dragon scale slime in their favorite shades.
This article contains affiliate links.
Supplies Needed for Drago Slime
- ½ TBSP Baking Soda
- ½ TSP cosmetic powder like loose purple eye shadow
- 1 bottle of clear glue
- 1-2 TBSP of Holographic glitter
- 1 ½ TBSP Saline Solution
- 2 TBSP Water
Directions to Make Dragon Slime Recipe
Pour the clear glue into a medium bowl and add the 1/2 TBSP baking soda.
Mix in the ½ TSP of cosmetic powder which is usually an eyeshadow loose powder.
Tip: We used purple eyeshadow powder here, but try different bright colors like teal, blue, green or go with a completely mono-tone like white.
Add in 2 TBSP of water and 1-2 TBSP of Holographic Glitter
Add in 1 ½ TBSP of Saline Solution (add half in first, continue to mix, and if needed, add second half).
Use craft stick to initially mix ingredients and as soon as it starts to form…
When the consistency looks like this (above), then go on to next step.
Take the slime out of the bowl and knead, knead and knead until desired slime consistency.
Finished Dragon Scale Slime REcipe
My kiddo loves how this slime appears to be different colors depending on the light. Sometimes it’s purple; sometimes it’s green.
You can continue to knead it.
You can squeeze and squish your homemade slime.
Storing Your Slime
Push your homemade slime recipe into an airtight jar or plastic bag for storage.
Homemade Slime makes a Great Gift for Kids of All Ages
- Make homemade slime at a kids party and provide airtight containers so kids can take them home afterword.
- Give the gift of homemade slime for a birthday or holiday.
- Give the gift of the supplies to make slime as a DIY slime making kit.
MORE HOMEMADE SLIME RECIPES FOR KIDS TO MAKE
- Another colorful favorite slime recipe is galaxy slime.
- More ways how to make slime without borax.
- Another fun way of making slime — this one is black slime that is also magnetic slime.
- Try making this awesome DIY slime, unicorn slime!
- Make pokemon slime!
- Somewhere over the rainbow slime…
- Inspired by the movie, check out this cool (get it?) Frozen slime.
- Make alien slime inspired by Toy Story.
- Crazy fun fake snot slime recipe.
- Make your own glow in the dark slime.
- Don’t have time for making your own slime? Here are a few of our favorite Etsy slime shops.
- We have a list of the best slime kits!
How did your dragon scale slime recipe turn out?