Today we are making a super easy Gak recipe, aka gack slime. This fun homemade slime recipe with only 2 ingredients is great for kids of all ages. Homemade Gak is a fun alternative to slime — it’s thicker, squishier, and makes fun sounds when you press down into it.
How to Make Gak Slime
If you were around in the 90s, you probably had Gak as a toy or watched the Gak attacks on Nickelodeon which included a green slime substance being dumped most likely on someone’s head.
Related: Best homemade slime recipes
This post contains affiliate links.
Two-Ingredient Gak Recipe
Our Gak is a variation on a homemade slime recipe that is fun and easy to make and only requires a few ingredients.
Supplies Needed to Make Gak
Directions to Make Gak
Add the glue to a bowl. If you want to color the gak, add a few drops of food coloring and mix it into the glue.
Slowly stir in the liquid starch, adding 1/4 cup at a time.
You’ll need to use your hands to incorporate the liquid starch into the glue. It’s kind of like kneading bread — just keep working it until it’s fully incorporated.
Let it sit for a few minutes and it will acquire a smooth consistency.
Gak Slime Recipe Notes:
Don’t like green? That’s okay! You can make different colors by using different food coloring. You can have a colorful variety of gak.
Finished Gak Slime
Then, it’s ready for play!
Slime oozes, but gak is sticky, and these simple recipes which makes this a great sensory experience and activity and also great gift ideas. This Gak is some serious fun!
The best part is you don’t need boric acid, sodium borate, for these slime mixtures. DIY slime has never been easier. Though you may want adult supervision when making this 2 ingredient gak slime.
How To Store Your Gak Slime?
You know what this Gak slime makes me think of? Nickelodeon gak…regardless after making it we don’t want it to dry out. So keep it in a sealed container. Want to keep the gak moist so you can have hours of laugh-out-loud entertainment.
We had a lot of fun stretching out the gak.
It’s really cool how it will melt back down into itself if you let it sit long enough.
- 1 bottle clear school glue
- 3/4 cup liquid starch
- Optional: food coloring
- something to stir with
- In a small or medium bowl, add the glue.
- If you are going to color your Gak (we made traditional green slime) then add your food coloring to the glue and mix.
- Slowly stir in the liquid starch 1/4 cup at a time.
- Knead the mixture until everything is fully combined.
- Let rest a few minutes.
More Slime Recipes From Kids Activities Blog
- Make your own snow cones out of colorful slime!
- Or if you want to try something a bit more icky, you could make this Frog Vomit Slime.
- Cheer things up a bit with this vibrant Rainbow Slime!
- This special slime recipe will make your slime glow in the dark.
- Add some education to the fun with this Magnetic Slime.
- Galaxy Slime, out of this world!
- Learn how to make slime without borax! We have so many slime ideas!
We hope you love this homemade gak recipe for kids! Leave us a comment and tell us your kid’s favorite slime recipe!