Materials for Homemade Father’s Day Mouse Pad:This post contains affiliate links. Cardboard – approximately 6″ x 8″ Themed Fabric – approximately 8″ x 10″ 2 sheets of craft foam – approximately 6″ x 8″ Hot glue gun & hot glue Permanent marker
How to Make Homemade Father’s Day Mouse Pad
- Begin by cutting the cardboard in the shape you want your mouse pad. I chose a rectangle, because of the ease in covering with fabric. However, you can choose any shape you wish.
- Once you’ve chosen your shape and cut your cardboard, you are ready to cut your fabric and craft foam.
- Cut your fabric about 2″ larger than your cardboard base. Be sure to pay attention while cutting. If you have a design on your fabric, be sure you have the area you want centered in the middle.
- Glue the craft foam to the cardboard.
- Then, begin on one side with the fabric, and lay down a line of hot glue. Fold fabric over the cardboard and secure to the hot glue. Do the same on the opposite side of the rectangle.
- At the corners use an accordion fold, so you do not have loose fabric on the front of the mouse pad. To do this, you fold over small sections and secure with glue before moving on to the next section. Continue to do all four corners, then finish gluing the two sides that are still unglued.
Note: While gluing, be sure to pull the fabric tight across the front of your mouse pad to give a smooth finish
- Don’t worry about the unfinished edges, because you’ll cover them up with craft foam.
- Trim your craft foam to fit the back of the mouse pad. You don’t want to have any material overlapping the sides, and showing when you’re using the mouse pad, so cut the backing just a bit smaller than the mouse pad. Cover the back side with enough hot glue to hold the non slip backing in place.
- Place backing on, and allow to dry a few minutes.
Father’s Day Crafts and ActivitiesWe have tons of fun ways to celebrate Father’s Day:
- The Perfect Father’s Day Present is a Fun Gift Kit!
- 5 Father’s Day Recipes Made on the Grill
- Father’s Day Stepping Stone
- Fun Father’s Day Food
- Memory Jar for Father’s Day