This glitter slime recipe is an easy homemade slime activity for kids of all ages. We are calling it unicorn snot slime which makes it even more fun. This borax-free slime recipe is quick to make and can be saved for later play in an airtight container. Let’s have some unicorn fun today!
Homemade Unicorn Snot Slime Recipe
I like this unicorn snot slime recipe because it is easy to make and very sparkly and bright. The texture is stretchy while still remaining the perfect amount of slimey!
Related: 15 more ways how to make slime at home
Making slime is a great way to spend the afternoon doing something fun and the slime ingredients are all common household items.
This article contains affiliate links.
Supplies Needed to Make Unicorn Snot Slime
- 1 – 5 oz. Bottle of Clear School Glue*
- 2 Tablespoons Water
- Few Drops of Food Coloring (think Unicorn colors)
- 2 Tablespoons Glitter (silver, pink or purple works great)
- 1/2 Cup Liquid Starch
- Large Bowl
- Clear Jars with Lids (optional but great for storing leftovers)
*The clear school glue instead of white glue will keep the slime more see-through and brightly glittery.
Directions to Make Unicorn Snot Slime
First, cover your work surface or work somewhere you don’t mind getting glitter, because this is a messy craft, but I promise it’s fun!
Now, dump your glue, water, food coloring and glitter into a bowl. Stir well.
Now, slowly add your liquid starch while mixing. You will start to see the slime, I mean snot, form before your eyes.
Start by kneading the homemade slime inside the bowl and eventually onto the table. You’ll want to knead the mixture for about 10-15 minutes until it becomes the right consistency (ooey, gooey and stretchy).
Note: You may notice some left over water and liquid starch in the bowl. Don’t worry about this and simply discard it.
Finished Unicorn Snot Slime REcipe
You can now squeeze, squish and play with the magical mixture.
Related: Try making our unicorn slime
Storing Your Homemade Slime
You can store any leftover unicorn snot in an airtight container for future play.
LOVE THIS SLIME? We Wrote the Book on Making Slime!
Our book, 101 Kids Activities that are the Ooey, Gooey-est Ever! features tons of fun slimes, doughs and moldables just like this one to provide hours of ooey, gooey fun! Awesome, right? You can also check out more slime recipes here.
MORE HOMEMADE SLIME RECIPES FOR KIDS TO MAKE
- More ways how to make slime without borax.
- Another fun way of making slime — this one is black slime that is also magnetic slime.
- Try making this awesome DIY slime, galaxy slime!
- Make pokemon slime!
- Somewhere over the rainbow slime…
- Inspired by the movie, check out this cool (get it?) Frozen slime.
- Make alien slime inspired by Toy Story.
- Crazy fun fake snot slime recipe.
- Make your own glow in the dark slime.
What did you think of making this unicorn snot slime recipe? Did you make purple or another color homemade slime?