Random Acts of Kindness Day is celebrated on February 17, 2022 and we couldn’t be any more excited! It’s a holiday that can be celebrated with adults and kids of all ages with these fun and heart-warming ideas.
Random Acts of Kindness Day is a great day to teach our little ones to be kind to one another and the importance of being a caring member of our community. Today we are sharing some positive activities to bring joy to people around us, such as: making a kindness jar, compliment cards, pay it forward activities, etc.
National Random Acts of Kindness Day 2022
Each year we celebrate National Random Acts of Kindness Day to encourage small acts that make people happy! This year National Random Acts of Kindness is on February 17, 2022. If you want to make the most of this celebration, keep reading because we have the best ideas for you!
By the way – We have also included a free Random Acts of Kindness Day printout to add to the fun. Keep scrolling to download the printable pdf file below.
National Random Acts of Kindness Day History
Random Acts of Kindness Day was first created and celebrated in Denver, Colorado, in 1995, to encourage people to be the light we want to see in the world. The best thing about this holiday is that it can be as simple as bringing candies to your classmates, complimenting people, even smiling at strangers can make someone’s day better!
The goal is to make the world a better place little by little, with actions that are simple but also have the potential to brighten up people’s day.
Let’s see a couple of ways to celebrate National Random Acts of Kindness Day!
National Random Acts of Kindness Day Activities for Kids
- Make free printable compliment cards for your friends and family
- Leave happy notes around the school or house.
- Help an elderly neighbor take out the trash.
- Sit next to someone who is sitting alone at lunch.
- Leave nice messages with these Rock art ideas
- Call your grandparents and have a nice chat.
- Donate blankets or clothes to a shelter.
- Do a chore without being asked to do it.
- Hold the door open for someone.
- Learn what is kindness for kids
- Leave a “thank you” note in your mailbox for the mailman.
- Make some muffins for friends and family.
- Smile at everyone!
Printable Random Acts of Kindness Day Fun Facts Sheet
This printable pdf includes two free coloring pages:
- the first coloring page includes fun facts about Random Acts of Kindness day that you probably didn’t know about
- the second coloring page includes a card that can be decorated and gifted to a loved one
Download & Print pdf File Here
More Positive Activities from Kids Activities Blog
- Do one of these Pay it forward ideas for school
- Pick an activity. from this kindness jar
- Learn how to be kind kids ideas
- Have fun with this role play on kindness and compassion games
- Create and decorate random acts of kindness cards and give them to friends and family
Happy National Random Acts of Kindness Day!