The Complete Guide to Celebrating National National Napping Day on March 15
National Napping Day is on March 15, 2023 and if there is one holiday that anyone can enjoy, including babies, kids of all ages, teenagers, and adults alike, is Napping Day. Napping Day is the perfect time of the year to take a well-deserved afternoon nap and other fun activities like setting up a sleeping playlist, make some naptime apple snickerdoodle muffins, and other relaxing activities.
National Napping Day 2023
Every year since 1999, we celebrate Napping Day! This year’s National Napping Day is on March 15, 2023. We came up with many good ideas to celebrate National Napping Day to make it one of the best days ever.
Not only that, but we have also included a free National Napping Day printout to add to the fun. Continue reading to download the printable pdf file by clicking the big button below.
National Napping Day History
National Napping Day is more than a quirky holiday, in fact, it is a very important day. The holiday was invented by William Anthony and his wife Camille Anthony back in 1999. The idea behind this holiday was to educate people about the power of napping and how beneficial it is to get a little extra rest every now and then.
This holiday is observed the day after the return of daylight saving time in the U.S. every year, and they chose this date because it’s the perfect opportunity to help people adjust to the clock change and it was a creative way to introduce the power of napping into our lives.
Of course, we have been napping for many years before this holiday, as have people across the world, but it feels nice to have a whole day to celebrate it, doesn’t it?
National Napping Day Activities for Kids
- Get comfy and take a nap in your favorite pj’s.
- Learn when do kids stop napping and how to handle this.
- Create a sleeping playlist with your favorite calm music.
- Turn off your phone to avoid distractions during your nap time.
- Whether it’s naptime or nap time, take some time off while kids are dozing off and choose one of these activities to do.
- Post about it on social media using the #NationalNappingDay to spread awarareness of the holiday.
- Write a list about your favorite things about napping
- Get the best nap mat for kids that love Baby Shark and sleeping time.
- Practice meditation and mindfulness for 20 minutes.
- Snuggle with your pet and nap together.
- Make some muffins following the I heart Naptime snickerdoodle muffins sour cream recipe.
Printable National Napping Day Fun Facts Sheet
Our National Napping Day printout includes:
- one coloring page with fun Napping Day fun facts
- one coloring page featuring a sleepy bear dozing on a fluffy cloud
Download & Print pdf File Here
More Relaxing Activities from Kids Activities Blog
- Relax with these nature coloring pages for kids of all ages
- These rock painting ideas are actually a fun way to relax after a long day
- Try one of our 50+ free quiet activities for kids here.
- Here are even more quiet play ideas for your little ones.
- Download and print these easy zentangle patterns – they are my favorite decompressing activity ever!
More Complete Guides to Quirky Holidays from Kids Activities Blog
- Celebrate National Pi Day
- Celebrate National Puppy Day
- Celebrate Middle Child Day
- Celebrate National Ice Cream Day
- Celebrate National Cousins Day
- Celebrate World Emoji Day
- Celebrate National Coffee Day
- Celebrate National Chocolate Cake Day
- Celebrate National Best Friends Day
- Celebrate International Talk Like a Pirate Day
- Celebrate World Kindness Day
- Celebrate International Left Handers Day
- Celebrate National Taco Day
- Celebrate National Batman Day
- Celebrate National Random Acts of Kindness Day
- Celebrate National Popcorn Day
- Celebrate National Opposites Day
- Celebrate National Waffle Day
- Celebrate National Siblings Day
Happy National Napping Day!