Today we are learning how to draw a fish, simple and easy! Kids who love the fish, sharks, whales and anything ocean related will have so much fun drawing a fish. Simply follow this printable tutorial and go grab your pencil.
Our free fish drawing tutorial includes three pages with detailed steps on how to draw a cartoon fish. Let’s get started!
Make a simple fish drawing!
If your kid has been trying to figure out how to draw a fish for a long time, you’re in the right place. We made this fish drawing tutorial with kids and beginners in mind, so even the youngest kids will be able to follow it.
Since drawing is an activity that increases many of the cognitive functions of the brain, you can be assured that this tutorial will be both fun and good for your kid’s development.
Easy steps to draw a fish for kids
Follow this easy how to draw a fish step-by-step tutorial and you will be drawing your own fish drawings in no time!
- Let’s start! First, draw an oval.
- Draw a second oval slightly above the first one.
- Draw a drop – notice how it’s tilted.
- Add a vertical oval.
- For the tail fins, draw two overlapping circles and erase extra lines.
- Add a small top fin.
- Now, add a curved line to divide the face.
- Let’s add some details: circles for the eye, half-circles for the scales, and lines in the tail.
- Great job! Add other details like bubbles or a smile, and color as you want to. You can even draw more fish!
And your fish drawing is all done! Hooray!
Download our printable instructions and visual guide below.
How did your fish drawing turn out?
Need coloring supplies? Here are some kid favorites:
- For drawing the outline, a simple pencil can work great.
- Colored pencils are great for coloring in the bat.
- Create a bolder, solid look using fine markers.
- Gel pens come in any color you can imagine.
You can find LOADS of super fun coloring pages for kids & adults here. Have fun!
More fish fun from Kids Activities Blog
- Use every crayon on these rainbow fish coloring pages.
- These Dr. Seuss One Fish Two Fish cupcakes are adorable!
- Your kids will love this fun & easy fishbowl craft.
- Older kids & adults love this detailed angel fish zentangle coloring page.
Great books for even more fish fun:
Steve is not very big. His teeth aren’t very sharp. And even though he’s no Angel Fish, there are far scarier fish in the sea. So why are all the other fish so frightened of him? Real facts introduce sea creatures in a fun and appealing way. Spot Steve’s friend George on every page!
A fabulously illustrated book bursting with animals to spot, creatures to count and delightful details to talk about. Spot a lobster’s missing watch, an octopus with green eyes, and three more flying fish! The answers are at the back of the book. Enjoy spotting, matching, counting and talking about all the undersea animals in this delightful look-and-find Under the Sea book.
Peek inside the sea to find out all about life in the oceans, from fish to seaweed, and be amazed at the diversity and beauty of the underwater world.