Are you excited to learn how to draw a an owl? Today we have a how to draw an owl step by step tutorial that you can color and decorate once you’re done. Just like with our other how to draw tutorials, this owl tutorial includes three pages that you can print and use the simple steps to learn how to draw an owl with a pencil. Use this easy owl sketch guide at home or in the classroom.
Make An Owl Drawing Easy For Kids
Owls are fun to draw because of their wide eyes filled with wisdom and beautiful feathers. Although owls may seem complicated to draw for beginners, we can assure you this tutorial is easy enough for kids of all ages. Click the button to download and print our how to draw an owl printable tutorial before getting started:
Learning how to draw a cartoon owl helps kids increase their imagination, enhance their fine motor and coordination skills, and develop a healthy way of displaying their emotions. These instructions will teach how to draw a simple owl. Erasable pens or pens are best for learning to draw. There are erasable coloring pencils and pens, but you can also draw with a black pen or pencil and then color it in. Don’t forget lots of paper for practicing!
How To Draw An Owl Step By Step – Easy
Let’s draw an owl! Just print our tutorial and follow these steps, and you’ll be drawing your own owl drawings in no time.
Let’s start drawing an owl! First, draw an oval.
Then make this cut and erase extra lines. This will be our owl’s ears.
Draw two drop shapes. Notice they’re upside down and tilted in opposite directions – these are the wings!
Add an arched line on the bottom.
Draw two sets of three ovals on each side for the claws. Notice the one in the middle is smaller.
Add two circles for the eyes and erase extra lines.
Add two bigger circles.
Let’s add details! Draw two circles for the eyes, a triangle for the beak, and arched lines on the belly.
Good job! Congratulate yourself for creating such a beautiful owl! Your owl looks amazing! Now it’s time to give it some color and make it even more special.
Download Simple Owl Drawing Lesson PDF File
Recommended Drawing Supplies
- For drawing the outline, a simple pencil can work great.
- You will need an eraser!
- Colored pencils are great for coloring in the bat.
- Create a bolder, solid look using fine markers.
- Gel pens come in any color you can imagine.
- Don’t forget a pencil sharpener.
You can find LOADS of super fun coloring pages for kids & adults here. Have fun!
More Easy Drawing Lessons For Kids
- How to draw a leaf – use this step-by-step instruction set for making your own beautiful leaf drawing
- How to draw an elephant – this is an easy tutorial on drawing a flower
- How to draw Pikachu – OK, this is one of my favorites! Make your own easy Pikachu drawing
- How to draw a panda – Make your own cute pig drawing by following these instructions
- How to draw a turkey – kids can make their own tree drawing by following along these printable steps
- How to draw Sonic the Hedgehog – simple steps to making a Sonic the Hedgehog drawing
- How to draw a fox – make a beautiful fox drawing with this drawing tutorial
- How to draw a turtle– easy steps for making a turtle drawing
- See all of our printable tutorials on how to draw <–by clicking here!
Great Books For More Drawing Fun
The Big Drawing Book
By following the very simple step-by-steps in this fun drawing book you can draw dolphins diving in the sea, knights guarding a castle, monster faces, buzzing bees, and lots, lots more.
Drawing Doodling and Coloring
An excellent book filled with doodling, drawing and coloring activities. On some of the pages you’ll find ideas for what to do, but you can do whatever you like.
Write and Draw Your Own Comics
Write and Draw Your Own Comics is full of inspiring ideas for all kinds of different stories, with writing tips to help you on your way. for kids who want to tell stories, but gravitate toward pictures. It has a mix of partially-drawn comics and blank panels with intro comics as instructions – lots of space for kids to draw their own comics!
More Owl Crafts From Kids Activities Blog:
- These realistic owl coloring pages for kids are amazing.
- Look how cute the beautiful origami owl projects are.
- I love these adorable easy cupcake liner owls.
- Check out these super cute printable owl crafts.
- Download and print these cute wise old owl coloring pages.
- Check out this printable owl template for preschoolers!
- Your kids can learn skip counting with owls!
How did your owl drawing turn out? Comment below, we’d love to hear from you.