Are you excited to learn how to draw a new animal? Today we have a how to draw an owl step by step tutorial that you can color and decorate once you’re done.
Just like with our other how to draw tutorials, this owl tutorial includes three pages that you can print and give to your little ones.
How to draw an owl for kids
Owls are fun to draw because of their wide eyes filled with wisdom and beautiful feathers. Although owls may seem complicated to draw for beginners, we can assure you this tutorial is easy enough for kids of all ages.
Learning how to draw a cartoon owl helps kids increase their imagination, enhance their fine motor and coordination skills, and develop a healthy way of displaying their emotions.
These instructions will teach how to draw a simple owl. Erasable pens or pens are best for learning to draw. There are erasable coloring pencils and pens, but you can also draw with a black pen or pencil and then color it in. Don’t forget lots of paper for practicing!
So grab your pencil and let’s get started!
Easy how to draw an owl steps
Let’s draw an owl! Just print our tutorial and follow these steps, and you’ll be drawing your own owl drawings in no time.
- Let’s start drawing an owl! First, draw an oval.
- Then make this cut and erase extra lines. This will be our owl’s ears.
- Draw two drop shapes. Notice they’re upside down and tilted in opposite directions – these are the wings!
- Add an arched line on the bottom.
- Draw two sets of three ovals on each side for the claws. Notice the one in the middle is smaller.
- Add two circles for the eyes and erase extra lines.
- Add two bigger circles.
- Let’s add details! Draw two circles for the eyes, a triangle for the beak, and arched lines on the belly.
- Good job! Congratulate yourself for creating such a beautiful owl!
Your owl looks amazing! Now it’s time to give it some color and make it even more special.
How did your owl drawing turn out?
More How To Draw
Need coloring supplies? Here are some kid favorites:
- For drawing the outline, a simple pencil can work great.
- Colored pencils are great for coloring in the bat.
- Create a bolder, solid look using fine markers.
- Gel pens come in any color you can imagine.
You can find LOADS of super fun coloring pages for kids & adults here. Have fun!
More drawing fun from Kids Activities Blog
- How to draw a leaf – use this step-by-step instruction set for making your own beautiful leaf drawing
- How to draw an elephant – this is an easy tutorial on drawing a flower
- How to draw Pikachu – OK, this is one of my favorites! Make your own easy Pikachu drawing
- How to draw a panda – Make your own cute pig drawing by following these instructions
- How to draw a turkey – kids can make their own tree drawing by following along these printable steps
- How to draw Sonic the Hedgehog – simple steps to making a Sonic the Hedgehog drawing
- How to draw a fox – make a beautiful fox drawing with this drawing tutorial
- How to draw a turtle– easy steps for making a turtle drawing
- See all of our printable tutorials on how to draw <–by clicking here!
Discover even more How to Draw activity resources
The Big Drawing Book
By following the very simple step-by-steps in this fun drawing book you can draw dolphins diving in the sea, knights guarding a castle, monster faces, buzzing bees, and lots, lots more.
Drawing Doodling and Coloring
An excellent book filled with doodling, drawing and coloring activities. On some of the pages you’ll find ideas for what to do, but you can do whatever you like.
Write and Draw Your Own Comics
Write and Draw Your Own Comics is full of inspiring ideas for all kinds of different stories, with writing tips to help you on your way. for kids who want to tell stories, but gravitate toward pictures. It has a mix of partially-drawn comics and blank panels with intro comics as instructions – lots of space for kids to draw their own comics!