Drawing a dinosaur is easy with our simple step by step printable guide how to draw a dinosaur. Kids or all ages will have so much fun making their own dinosaur drawing and then adding those special dino details.
Our free dinosaur drawing tutorial includes three pages with detailed steps on how to draw a cute dinosaur. Grab your pencil and a piece of paper, and let’s get started!
Drawing a Dinosaur
When you add a drawing activity to your kid’s day, you’re helping them increase their imagination, enhance their fine motor and coordination skills, and develop a healthy way of displaying their emotions, among other things. And kids just love making art!
Now you know why learning how to draw a dinosaur for kids is so important!
Make an easy dinosaur drawing!
Whether your little one is a beginner or an experienced artist, learning how to draw a dinosaur will keep them entertained for a while and may spark some additional interest in drawing or dinosaurs.
We always make sure that our cartoon things to draw are easy enough for children of all ages and skill levels!
Easy steps to draw a dinosaur
This free 3-page step-by-step easy dinosaur drawing tutorial is a great indoor activity: it’s easy to follow, doesn’t require a lot of preparation, and the result is a cute easy dinosaur drawing!
There will be some erasing so be sure and grab your erasable coloring pencils or pens with erasable ink.
Follow this easy instructions and soon you will be creating your own dinosaur drawings in no time.
Let’s start drawing our dinosaur’s head. Draw a rectangle with rounded edges – notice how the right side is smaller and tilted.
Add a tilted oval.
Draw a small leg on the bottom right.
For the rest of the body, draw a curved line connecting the leg with the head, and erase extra lines.
For the other leg, add a rectangle and round the left edges. Also, draw two half ovals.
Draw a tail and the two front legs – notice how small they are!
Now let’s learn how to draw a dinosaur face by adding two circles for the eye, a small curved line for the nose, and a smile with triangles to show off our dinosaur’s teeth.
Now add some details! For example, you can draw patterns like ovals or triangles to add some texture to our dinosaur.
You’re done! Get creative and add as many details as you like!
Your dinosaur drawing is done! Hooray how did your dinosaur picture turn out?
Download How to Draw a Dinosaur PDF Files Here
More easy drawing tutorials:
- Here’s where you can learn how to draw a unicorn tutorial for kids who are obsessed with these magical creatures!
- Why not try learning how to draw a car too?
- You can learn how to draw a horse with this easy tutorial.
- And my favorite: how to draw Baby Yoda tutorial!
Need art supplies? Here are some kid favorites:
This post contains affiliate links.
- For drawing the outline, a simple pencil can work great.
- Colored pencils are great for coloring in the bat.
- Create a bolder, solid look using fine markers.
- Gel pens come in any color you can imagine.
- Don’t forget a pencil sharpener.
More dinosaur fun from Kids Activities Blog
- Let’s do some fun dinosaur crafts and activities for kids.
- Does your morning start off with dinosaur oatmeal? Or dinosaur waffles?
- Have you seen this incredibly cool dinosaur map?
- I love these super cute baby dinosaur coloring pages. Or these cute dinosaur coloring pages. Or printable dinosaur doodles.
- Check out this dinosaur printable…it makes a cool dino poster.
- Let’s throw a dinosaur birthday party!
- Check out these dinosaur eggs!
How did your dinosaur drawing turn out?