It’s time to learn how to draw a dinosaur and we’ve got your back with our simple printable step by step instructions! Kids who love dinosaurs will have an awesome time learning how to draw a dinosaur and then coloring it too!
Our free dinosaur drawing tutorial includes three pages with detailed steps on how to draw a cute dinosaur. Grab your pencil and a piece of paper, and let’s get started!
Make an easy dinosaur drawing!
When you add a drawing activity to your kid’s day, you’re helping them increase their imagination, enhance their fine motor and coordination skills, and develop a healthy way of displaying their emotions, among other things. And kids just love making art!
Now you know why learning how to draw a dinosaur for kids is so important!
Easy steps to draw a dinosaur
Follow this easy how to draw a dinosaur step by step tutorial and you will be drawing your own dinosaur drawings in no time.
Print our step by step tutorial and follow these simple instructions:
- Let’s start drawing our dinosaur’s head. Draw a rectangle with rounded edges – notice how the right side is smaller and tilted.
- Add a tilted oval.
- Draw a small leg on the bottom right.
- For the rest of the body, draw a curved line connecting the leg with the head, and erase extra lines.
- For the other leg, add a rectangle and round the left edges. Also, draw two half ovals.
- Draw a tail and the two front legs – notice how small they are!
- Now let’s learn how to draw a dinosaur face by adding two circles for the eye, a small curved line for the nose, and a smile with triangles to show off our dinosaur’s teeth.
- Now add some details! For example, you can draw patterns like ovals or triangles to add some texture to our dinosaur.
- You’re done! Get creative and add as many details as you like!
Your dinosaur drawing is done! Hooray!
Download How to Draw a Dinosaur Here:
More easy drawing tutorials:
- Here’s where you can learn how to draw a unicorn tutorial for kids who are obsessed with these magical creatures!
- Why not try learning how to draw a car too?
- You can learn how to draw a horse with this easy tutorial.
- And my favorite: how to draw Baby Yoda tutorial!
Need art supplies? Here are some kid favorites:
This post contains affiliate links.
- For drawing the outline, a simple pencil can work great.
- Colored pencils are great for coloring in the bat.
- Create a bolder, solid look using fine markers.
- Gel pens come in any color you can imagine.
You can find TONS of amazing coloring pages for kids & adults here. Have fun!
More dinosaur fun from Kids Activities Blog
How did your dinosaur drawing turn out?