Let’s learn how to draw a dinosaur! Drawing a dinosaur is easy with our simple step by step printable guide how to draw a dinosaur. Kids or all ages will have so much fun making their own dinosaur drawing. Kids can use our free dinosaur drawing lesson at home or in the classroom.
How to Draw a Dinosaur Lesson for Kids
Kids of all art skill levels can start practicing their dinosaur drawing skills with this free 3-page step-by-step easy dinosaur drawing lesson that you can download and print by pressing the blue button:
Follow this easy instructions and soon you will be creating your own dinosaur drawings in no time.
Easy steps to draw a dinosaur
Grab your pencil, eraser and a piece of paper, and let’s get started!
Let’s start drawing our dinosaur’s head. Draw a rectangle with rounded edges – notice how the right side is smaller and tilted.
Add a tilted oval.
Draw a small leg on the bottom right.
For the rest of the body, draw a curved line connecting the leg with the head, and erase extra lines.
For the other leg, add a rectangle and round the left edges. Also, draw two half ovals.
Draw a tail and the two front legs – notice how small they are!
Now let’s learn how to draw a dinosaur face by adding two circles for the eye, a small curved line for the nose, and a smile with triangles to show off our dinosaur’s teeth.
Now add some details! For example, you can draw patterns like ovals or triangles to add some texture to our dinosaur.
You’re done! Get creative and add as many details as you like!
Your dinosaur drawing is done! Hooray how did your dinosaur picture turn out?
Download How to Draw a Dinosaur PDF Files Here
Make an easy dinosaur drawing!
Whether your little one is a beginner or an experienced artist, learning how to draw a dinosaur will keep them entertained for a while and may spark some additional interest in drawing or dinosaurs.
When you add a drawing activity to your kid’s day, you’re helping them increase their imagination, enhance their fine motor and coordination skills, and develop a healthy way of displaying their emotions, among other things. And kids just love making art!
- Here’s where you can learn how to draw a unicorn tutorial for kids who are obsessed with these magical creatures!
- Why not try learning how to draw a car too?
- You can learn how to draw a horse with this easy tutorial.
- And my favorite: how to draw Baby Yoda tutorial!
This post contains affiliate links.
Recommended Drawing Supplies for Dinosaur Art
- For drawing the outline, a simple pencil can work great.
- You will need an eraser!
- Colored pencils are great for coloring in the bat.
- Create a bolder, solid look using fine markers.
- Gel pens come in any color you can imagine.
- Don’t forget a pencil sharpener.
MORE DINOSAUR COLORING PAGES & ACTIVITIES FROM KIDS ACTIVITIES BLOG
- Dinosaur coloring pages to keep our kids engaged and active so we’ve created an entire collection for you.
- Did you know you can grow and decorate your own dinosaur garden?
- These 50 dinosaur crafts will have something special for every kid.
- Check out these dinosaur themed birthday party ideas!
- Baby dinosaur coloring pages that you don’t want to miss!
- Cute dinosaur coloring pages you don’t want to miss
- Dinosaur zentangle coloring pages
- Stegosaurus coloring pages
- Spinosaurus coloring pages
- Archaeopteryx coloring pages
- T Rex coloring pages
- Allosaurus coloring pages
- Triceratops coloring pages
- Brachiosaurus coloring pages
- Apatosaurus coloring pages
- Velociraptor coloring pages
- Dilophosaurus dinosaur coloring pages
- Dinosaur doodles
- How to draw a dinosaur easy drawing lesson
- Dinosaur facts for kids – printable pages!
How did your dinosaur drawing turn out?