We are learning how to draw a tulip with this easy step-by-step tutorial. Our easy tulip drawing lesson is a printable drawing tutorial you can download and print with three pages of simple steps on how to draw a tulip step by step with a pencil. Simply follow the simple steps to make these tulip flowers and then color them with bright colors. Use this easy tulip sketch guide at home or in the classroom.
Make A Tulip Drawing Easy For Kids
We have a very easy step by step tutorial to draw a simple tulip. A tulip drawing is a quick and easy activity that kids can make anywhere and that doesn’t require much prep. Click the button to download and print our How To Draw A Tulip tutorial now:
To draw this tulip drawing, kids will have to do a simple shape to create a side of the stem, then move onto the tulip bud with different colors, and then the fun part: the tulip petals! Let’s move onto the step drawing tutorial – it’s just 6 steps long!
How To Draw A Tulip Step By Step- Easy
The first step is to draw a figure with a D-like shape, but make the bottom flat. We are starting out with the tulip heads.
Repeat the same shape, but this time facing the other way. These will be our first petal and the second petal. Erase extra lines.
Draw a circle in the middle, use it to make a rounded bottom. This is our tulip bud. Erase extra lines.
Draw an egg shape in the middle (they are part of the tulip bulbs) – can you see our tulip flower getting prettier in each step?
Let’s add details! Add a straight line or why not, a curved line, to create the stem of your flower and then leaves.
We’re all done! This is your first tulip, but you can now draw more tulips for tulip festivals right in your sheet of paper, or even add some smiley faces to them, maybe put some polka dots too. Make sure to make them special, just like you!
Download Simple Tulip Drawing Lesson PDF File:
This post contains affiliate links.
Recommended Drawing Supplies
- For drawing the outline, a simple pencil can work great.
- Colored pencils are great for coloring in the bat.
- Create a bolder, solid look using fine markers.
- Gel pens come in any color you can imagine.
- Don’t forget a pencil sharpener.
You can find LOADS of super fun coloring pages for kids & adults here. Have fun!
6-STEP TULIP TUTORIAL
We made this tutorial with kids in mind – meaning anyone can draw it, from toddlers and preschoolers who are just learning how to hold a pencil to older kids in elementary school who can follow the instructions on their own and even adults that want to learn how to make a tulip drawing!
You can follow our digital drawings tutorial on a computer, but we recommend printing the PDF below to keep at hand so you can draw a tulip whenever you want to. We also recommend using a pencil and a white sheet of paper at first until kids can master this drawing. After that, they can color it in any way they want: you can use watercolor paints, crayons, coloring pencils, or add other details like glitter, ribbons…
In fact, you can follow this simple tutorial to create a greeting card or a Mother’s Day card – who doesn’t love a pretty cartoon tulip made with love? Finally, kids will be able to add any extra details they want, such as tulip leaves, a bee, or simply draw more tulips. You and your little one will be making your own drawings in no time!
MORE EASY DRAWING LESSONS FOR KIDS
- How to draw a leaf – use this step-by-step instruction set for making your own beautiful leaf drawing
- How to draw an elephant – this is an easy tutorial on drawing a flower
- How to draw Pikachu – OK, this is one of my favorites! Make your own easy Pikachu drawing
- How to draw a panda – Make your own cute pig drawing by following these instructions
- How to draw a turkey – kids can make their own tree drawing by following along these printable steps
- How to draw Sonic the Hedgehog – simple steps to making a Sonic the Hedgehog drawing
- How to draw a fox – make a beautiful fox drawing with this drawing tutorial
- How to draw a turtle– easy steps for making a turtle drawing
- See all of our printable tutorials on how to draw <–by clicking here!
Great Books For More Drawing Fun
The Big Drawing Book
By following the very simple step-by-steps in this fun drawing book you can draw dolphins diving in the sea, knights guarding a castle, monster faces, buzzing bees, and lots, lots more.
Drawing Doodling and Coloring
An excellent book filled with doodling, drawing and coloring activities. On some of the pages you’ll find ideas for what to do, but you can do whatever you like.
Write and Draw Your Own Comics
Write and Draw Your Own Comics is full of inspiring ideas for all kinds of different stories, with writing tips to help you on your way. for kids who want to tell stories, but gravitate toward pictures. It has a mix of partially-drawn comics and blank panels with intro comics as instructions – lots of space for kids to draw their own comics!
More Flower Fun From Kids Activities Blog
- Flowers are fun to make, but what if you could eat the flowers you made? These lovely sweets are absolutely perfect. They’re floral and bright!
- Bust out your colored pencils or markers, because you will love these beautiful zentangle flowers. These free printables are so much fun and this set has 3 beautiful flowers to color!
- Sometimes crafts don’t have to be fancy with scissors, paint, and glue. Sometimes a good drawing is all you need! Now you make a sunflower drawing with this step by step guide.
- Looking for some simple flowers to color? Look no further! We have flower coloring pages! These simple paper flowers can be colored with crayons, markers, paints, pencils, pens…make them your own!
- Want another easy craft and other pre k activities? We have over 1,000 of them! You are sure to find something fun for your little one.
- Check out these great flower crafts!
- We love these fun sunflower crafts!
How did your tulip drawing turn out?