Let’s make an easy shark drawing! We will show you the easy way to learn how to draw a shark step by step with this drawing lesson for kids of all ages. Follow the easy steps to make your own shark drawing and print out the instructions to use over and over again for practice!
How to Make an Easy Shark Drawing
Learning how to draw sharks is a fun, creative, and colorful art experience for kids of all ages. And whether you’re looking for a great white shark drawing with older kids or just want to learn how to draw a cute shark, you’re in the right place!
Related: More Shark week fun for kids
Here Are 8 Easy Steps to Draw a Shark
Just download the step by step instructions pdf, print it and get your pencil and eraser and let’s get started with some simple shapes:
Step 1 – Draw the Shark’s Body
Draw two oval shapes, notice that the larger oval shape is a little tilted. The second basic shape is layered on the first.
Step 2 – Form the Shark Shape
Erase the inside lines from the previous step around the oval shape.
Step 3 – Draw the Shark Fin
Draw two more ovals, one is kinda small circle shaped, right next to the body to make a shark tail or caudal fin.
Step 4 – Start the Shark Tail
Erase all the lines of the shark tail except the little curved line moon shape at the top.
Step 5 – Connect the Shapes Together
Connect the shark’s head and body and the shark tail with two lines. The top is a nearly horizontal line and the lower line is at a slanted angle and a short line.
Step 6 – Add Dorsal Fins
Add a wavy line through the body and then add two dorsal fins on the top. One top fin will be larger than the other to represent the first dorsal fin and the second dorsal fin.
Step 7 – Add Pectoral Fins
Now that you have two top fins, we will draw the two bottom fins called pectoral fins. They are on either side of the shark body so the closest fin will be larger and seen in its entirety. The second pectoral fin is further away and not fully seen.
Step 8 – Add Shark Details
Add shark details like shark’s eye, shark’s mouth, gills with gill slits, smile, shark’s nose, pelvic fin…and of course, shark teeth!
You can draw your own cartoon shark making it a friendly character with a shark smile or make it a little cartoonish by adding more and more details to your finished drawing. Add even more details with less bubble shapes for a realistic shark with sharp teeth.
You are now drawing sharks with the simple step by step instructions…easy peasy! Easy drawing! Quick tutorial!
Download How to Draw a Shark Printable Guide PDF File Here
Our three pages of shark drawing steps are super easy to follow in this printable shark drawing guide…and so much fun too! You can review the step by step instructions here and then download and print the shark drawing tutorial below.
This article contains affiliate links.
More Shark Fun from Kids Activities Blog
If you have young artists in your family, they can learn how to make cool drawings and turn any piece of paper into art!
- Find ideas to make the coolest shark craft with your little ones.
- Turn a paper plate into a paper shark.
- Turn your favorite cereal box into an easy and awesome shark pinata.
- Make an adorable origami shark bookmark that you can keep forever!
- Decorate your fridge with a DIY shark magnet.
- Kids will love these shark teeth crafts that you can make together.
- This shark paper plate craft is perfect for kids big and little.
- Celebrate shark week with shark week coloring pages.
- Get some crayons and help your kids solve this adorable shark puzzle.
- This easy to draw baby shark printable is perfect for a quiet afternoon in.
- Enjoy this cute shark mac & cheese for lunch.
- Yummy! These shark snacks are delicious!
- Enjoy shark week with scary shark treats!
- Make cute and delicious shark lollipops for a fun summer snack.
- You can get a shark baby song art kit and let your kids doo-doo-doodle away!
How did your shark drawing turn out?