How to draw a shark in a simple way is something that my kids wanted to learn so we put together this easy printable tutorial to share.
Sharks are one of the most beloved animals by kids… even by adults, too!
Especially since Baby Shark came into our lives, and with Shark Week being just around the corner, we just needed to make a super easy printable to help kids learn how to draw a shark.
Make an Easy Shark DrawingLearning how to draw sharks is a fun, creative, and colorful art experience for kids of all ages. And whether you’re looking for a great white shark drawing or just want to learn how to draw a cute shark, you’re in the right place!
Just download the step by step instructions pdf, print it and get your pencil and colored pencils or crayons.
If you have young artists in your family, they can learn how to make cool drawings and turn any piece of paper into art! There are tons of free painting lessons and coloring printables for you and your little ones.
Easy Steps to Draw a SharkOur three pages of shark drawing steps are super easy to follow, and so much fun too! You will soon be drawing sharks – grab your pencil and let’s get started:
- Start with the shark body: Draw two oval shapes, notice that the larger one is a little tilted.
- Erase the inside lines.
- Draw two more ovals right next to the body to make a shark tail.
- Erase all the lines of the shark tail except the little moon shape at the top.
- Connect the shark body and the shark tail with two lines.
- Add a wavy line through the body.
- Draw two top fins.
- Draw the two bottom fins.
- Add details like eyes, gills, smile…and of course, shark teeth!
The steps are easier to follow with the printable instructions because you can go step by step following each example.
Download How to Draw a Shark Here:
Need More Shark Facts for Kids?
(Contains affiliated links.)
- Shark Books: The Ultimate Shark Book for Kids
- Shark Lady: The True Story of How Eugenie Clark Became the Ocean’s Most Fearless Scientist
- Super Shark Encyclopedia
- Shark (DK Eyewitness Books)
More Shark Fun from Kids Activities Blog
If you have a little shark fan, check out these Baby Shark Coloring Pages that you can print at home!
- Find ideas to make the coolest shark craft with your little ones.
- Turn a paper plate into a paper shark.
- Turn your favorite cereal box into an easy and awesome shark pinata.
- Make an adorable origami shark bookmark that you can keep forever!
- Decorate your fridge with a DIY shark magnet.
- Kids will love these shark teeth crafts that you can make together.
- This shark paper plate craft is perfect for kids big and little.
- Celebrate shark week with shark week coloring pages.
- Get some crayons and help your kids solve this adorable shark puzzle.
- This easy to draw baby shark printable is perfect for a quiet afternoon in.
- Enjoy this cute shark mac & cheese for lunch.
- Yummy! These shark snacks are delicious!
- Enjoy shark week with scary shark treats!
- Make cute and delicious shark lollipops for a fun summer snack.
- You can get a shark baby song art kit and let your kids doo-doo-doodle away!
How did your shark drawing turn out?