Penguins are one of the most beloved animals by kids… and by adults, too! And because of that, today we’re sharing with you a tutorial on how to draw a penguin. Yay!
Our penguin drawing tutorial includes three pages with detailed instructions on how to draw a cute penguin.
Just download and print the PDF, follow the steps, and that’s it: in a matter of minutes, you’ll have your own cute penguin.
Easy Steps To Drawing a Simple Penguin
There is something about their fluffiness that we just can’t resist. So it’s time to show these lovely, flightless, chunky birds some love!
Random fact: Did you know that penguins don’t fly, they swim? They love swimming really fast in the ice-cold ocean water and dive deep to get food.
Grab your pencil and let’s draw a cute penguin! Don’t forget lots of paper for practicing!
How to draw a penguin easy steps
Grab your pencil because and some paper because today we are learning how to draw this adorable big bird. You’ll love how easy this tutorial is!
- Let’s draw a penguin! First, draw an oval.
- Add a drop shape.
- Draw two arched lines and erase extra lines.
- Add another arched line to outline the penguin’s belly.
- Draw two circles on the face.
- Connect them with an arched line.
- Draw the cute feet.
- Great! Let’s add details: add ovals for the eyes and cheeks, and a curved triangle for the bill.
- Congratulate yourself for drawing such a cute penguin!
Good job! Your penguin drawing is all done! Get your crayons and give it some color!
How did your penguin drawing turn out?
More How To Draw
Need coloring supplies? Here are some kid favorites:
- For drawing the outline, a simple pencil can work great.
- Colored pencils are great for coloring in the bat.
- Create a bolder, solid look using fine markers.
- Gel pens come in any color you can imagine.
You can find LOADS of super fun coloring pages for kids & adults here. Have fun!
More drawing fun from Kids Activities Blog
- How to draw a leaf – use this step-by-step instruction set for making your own beautiful leaf drawing
- How to draw an elephant – this is an easy tutorial on drawing a flower
- How to draw Pikachu – OK, this is one of my favorites! Make your own easy Pikachu drawing
- How to draw a panda – Make your own cute pig drawing by following these instructions
- How to draw a turkey – kids can make their own tree drawing by following along these printable steps
- How to draw Sonic the Hedgehog – simple steps to making a Sonic the Hedgehog drawing
- How to draw a fox – make a beautiful fox drawing with this drawing tutorial
- How to draw a turtle– easy steps for making a turtle drawing
- See all of our printable tutorials on how to draw <–by clicking here!
Discover even more How to Draw activity resources
The Big Drawing Book
By following the very simple step-by-steps in this fun drawing book you can draw dolphins diving in the sea, knights guarding a castle, monster faces, buzzing bees, and lots, lots more.
Drawing Doodling and Coloring
An excellent book filled with doodling, drawing and coloring activities. On some of the pages you’ll find ideas for what to do, but you can do whatever you like.
Write and Draw Your Own Comics
Write and Draw Your Own Comics is full of inspiring ideas for all kinds of different stories, with writing tips to help you on your way. for kids who want to tell stories, but gravitate toward pictures. It has a mix of partially-drawn comics and blank panels with intro comics as instructions – lots of space for kids to draw their own comics!