How To Draw a Snake
Let’s learn how to draw a sssssnake! Whether you’re looking for a how to draw a snake easy tutorial, or simply how to draw a snake for kids, you’re in the right place. To get your own snake sketch, you just need to download and print our printable three-page step-by-step snake tutorial, follow the nine steps, and you’ll have your own cute snake. Use this easy snake sketch guide at home or in the classroom.
Make A Snack Drawing Easy For Kids
Some people might be afraid of snakes, but we sure aren’t! Most snake breeds are very friendly, and out of over 3000 breeds, only 200 are poisonous. Click the green button to print our how to draw a simple snake printable tutorial before getting started:
So if you’re ready to learn how to draw a snake step by step, grab your pencil and let’s get started! This how to draw a snake lesson is simple enough for younger kids or beginners. Once your kids get comfortable with drawing they will start feeling more creative and ready to continue an artistic journey.
How To Draw A Snake Step by Step – Easy
Follow this easy how-to-draw a cute snake step-by-step tutorial and you will be drawing your own snake drawings in no time!
Let’s draw a snake! First, draw a circle.
Add another two circles on the right, leaving some space between those and the first circle.
Connect the top of the two circles to the bigger one.
Draw a line from the bottom circle to the center of the first one. Then connect the first circle to that line.
Draw a tail!
Follow the visual guide to draw an S shape – notice how it kinda looks like a question mark.
Add an egg shape to the left corner of the last step.
Great – it’s time to add details to our snake! Add a circle for the eye, and a curved line to make a smile and the tongue.
Amazing job – congratulate yourself and add as many details as you want! Your snake is done! Yay! Now it’s time to give it some fun colors!
Download Simple Snake Drawing Lesson PDF FILE:
This post contains affiliate links.
Recommended Drawing Supplies
- For drawing the outline, a simple pencil can work great.
- You will need an eraser!
- Colored pencils are great for coloring in the bat.
- Create a bolder, solid look using fine markers.
- Gel pens come in any color you can imagine.
- Don’t forget a pencil sharpener.
You can find LOADS of super fun coloring pages for kids & adults here. Have fun!
More Easy Drawing Lessons For Kids
- How to draw a leaf – use this step-by-step instruction set for making your own beautiful leaf drawing
- How to draw an elephant – this is an easy tutorial on drawing a flower
- How to draw Pikachu – OK, this is one of my favorites! Make your own easy Pikachu drawing
- How to draw a panda – Make your own cute pig drawing by following these instructions
- How to draw a turkey – kids can make their own tree drawing by following along these printable steps
- How to draw Sonic the Hedgehog – simple steps to making a Sonic the Hedgehog drawing
- How to draw a fox – make a beautiful fox drawing with this drawing tutorial
- How to draw a turtle– easy steps for making a turtle drawing
- See all of our printable tutorials on how to draw <–by clicking here!
Great Books For More Drawing Fun
The Big Drawing Book
By following the very simple step-by-steps in this fun drawing book you can draw dolphins diving in the sea, knights guarding a castle, monster faces, buzzing bees, and lots, lots more.
Drawing Doodling and Coloring
An excellent book filled with doodling, drawing and coloring activities. On some of the pages you’ll find ideas for what to do, but you can do whatever you like.
Write and Draw Your Own Comics
Write and Draw Your Own Comics is full of inspiring ideas for all kinds of different stories, with writing tips to help you on your way. for kids who want to tell stories, but gravitate toward pictures. It has a mix of partially-drawn comics and blank panels with intro comics as instructions – lots of space for kids to draw their own comics!
More Snake Crafts and Printables From Kids Activities Blog:
- Try your hand at make this easy paper snake craft.
- How cute are these easy pipe cleaner and bead snake craft.
- These pine cone craft that turns into a snake.
- S is for snake!
- These pretzel pop snakes look so yummy.
How did your snake drawing turn out? Comment below, we’d love to hear from you!