Perfect for preschoolers, this Paper Plate Goldfish Craft reinforces basic shape recognition and fine-motor skills. It requires minimal supplies, making it ideal for large groups of children at home, school, or camp.
Paper Plate Goldfish Craft
We made this craft after reading the book Gilbert Goldfish Wants a Pet by Kelly DiPucchio. My children enjoyed the funny story, and had fun painting their paper plates in various shades of orange and yellow.
This post contains affiliate links.
Supplies Needed To Make This Paper Plate Goldfish Craft
RELATED: Fish Coloring Page with Gel Paint
Directions To Make This Paper Plate Goldfish Craft
After gathering supplies, invite children to paint their paper plates orange. Allow the plates to dry completely.
Invite children to cut a small triangle out of their paper plate. Older children may be able to do this independently, while young children may find it easier to cut along adult-drawn guide lines.
Tape the triangle to the back of the fish with the round end facing out. Invite children to glue a googly eye to the plate. If desired, draw fins, scales, and patterns onto the fish with markers.
Tape a small piece of string to the back of the goldfish so children can play with their paper plate goldfish or hang it up to enjoy.
- white paper plates
- orange paint
- large googly eyes
- paint brush
- After gathering supplies, invite children to paint their paper plates orange.
- Allow the plates to dry completely.
- Invite children to cut a small triangle out of their paper plate.
- Tape the triangle to the back of the fish with the round end facing out.
- Invite children to glue a googly eye to the plate.
- Tape a small piece of string to the back of the goldfish so children can play with their paper plate goldfish or hang it up to enjoy.
More Paper Plate Crafts From Kids Activities Blog
- I hope you had fun making this cute puppy dog from a paper plate! If you liked this, you might want to try my paper plate cat too!
- Do you have a stack of paper plates just begging for a crafternoon?
- Paper Plate Lion craft is so much fun!
- Don’t forget about this Truffula Paper Plate Craft
- Make this cool paper plate rose craft
- Paper Plate Lamb perfect to go with the nursery rhyme
- How to Make Paper Plate Masks for any occasion!
- This Paper Plate Goldfish is so cute!
- Make a paper plate rainbow
- Make paper plate animals with these cute craft ideas!
- Check out these jellyfish crafts!
Did your kids enjoy this paper plate craft? Let us know in the comments below, we’d love to hear!