Let’s make super fun and easy mosaic paper Easter egg crafts with the kids! This simple paper Easter Egg craft is perfect for preschoolers, kindergartners and early elementary kids. Decorate the classroom door or turn them into an Easter egg garland.
Paper Easter Egg Craft for Kids
Preschoolers and older kids are going to love making these mosaic paper Easter eggs. There is a big benefit to this fun craft though. Learning to cut using scissors builds muscles in their hands and develops fine motor skills and coordination.
How to make mosaic paper Easter eggs
We are going to download and print these FREE Easter egg coloring pages and use them to create colorful mosaic crafts with the kids.
- We have a blank egg to create your own design and others that have a design on them.
- Elementary-aged kids who can cut paper smaller and cut shapes can decorate more detailed eggs.
This article contains affiliate links.
Supplies needed to make mosaic paper Easter egg crafts
Instructions for making mosaic paper Easter egg crafts
If you haven’t already downloaded and printed our FREE Easter egg coloring pages, do so now!
Have the kids cut pieces of paper and then glue them over the design on the coloring page. We also have a blank egg in the printable pack so they can make their own design too.
Easter egg mosaic craft tip: Don’t cut out the Easter egg from the coloring page until after the paper mosaic has been completed. All of the paper that goes over the lines can be trimmed off at the end.
Continue decorating your Easter egg with pieces of colorful construction paper. Don’t worry if you go over the lines, that will be trimmed off at the end.
Using scissors, cut around the Easter egg trimming off any excess colored paper.
You can stick these on a classroom door with tape or attach them to string and hang them as a garland.
Our finished mosaic easter eggs
- Our FREE Easter egg coloring pages
- Construction paper
- String (optional)
- Print the free Easter egg coloring pages.
- Practice cutting skills by cutting construction paper into small pieces.
- Attach the pieces of colorful paper to the Easter egg coloring page using the patterns as a guide or make your own pattern.
- Cut out the Easter eggs and stick them on a door or turn them into a garland with string.
More PAPER Easter EGG crafts from Kids Activities Blog
- Make this fun marbled Easter egg art with preschoolers.
- Colorful paper Easter egg crafts using ribbon, paper, glitter, and more fun items.
- Make these colorful Easter eggs using plastic eggs and paint.
- A colorful Easter egg garland will look so pretty in your home.
- This Easter egg bag is perfect for taking lunch to school or collecting eggs.
- More Easter egg coloring pages
Have you made these mosaic paper Easter eggs? Did you decorate the classroom door with them or turn them into a garland to hang at home?