Today we have two fun Halloween lunch ideas that kids absolutely love: mummy dogs and pumpkin oranges. Mummy dogs are one of my kids favorite meals…even when it is NOT Halloween. Make these easy Halloween themed foods for a quick lunch at home or bring to your kid’s classroom Halloween party!
Halloween Lunch Ideas for Kids
There is SO MUCH you can do with food to make it Halloween themed and fun to get kids excited to eat their meals.
Related: Make cute Halloween desserts for lunch
Today we decided to make Halloween Mummy Dogs and Pumpkin Oranges paired with Halloween themed water bottles.
Pumpkin Oranges for Halloween
This recipe is so simple that I can’t even call it a recipe, but it is so so incredibly cute.
You can easily turn a clementine into a pumpkin by peeling it and taking tiny pieces of sliced celery and adding them to the top of the clementine for the pumpkin’s stem.
Aren’t they so adorable!?
I think they would be super fun at the school Halloween party!
Halloween Mummy Dogs Recipe
While I want to make Halloween dinner easy, I also want to make it fun! We only get one night a year to dress up and be silly so why not make it as fun as possible, right!?
These Mummy Dogs are super easy and fun and take only 10-15 minutes to prepare with 15 minutes of cooking time.
3 ingredients + 15 minutes = easiest meal EVER!
- 1 8oz can of crescent rolls
- 10 hot dogs
- mustard or ketchup (optional)
Directions to Make Mummy Dogs
Preheat oven to 375°
Roll out crescent rolls and divide them into 4 rectangle pieces.
Mash the perforated edges in the middle of the rectangles together.
Cut each rectangle piece lengthwise to create 10 thin strips of dough.
Wrap 3-4 pieces of dough around each hot dog to make a “mummy”. Be sure to leave a space about 1/2 an inch from the top of the hot dog to make the mummy’s face.
Bake mummy dogs for about 15 minutes or until the dough is a golden color. Then draw a “face” on the mummy with ketchup or mustard!
MORE HALLOWEEN TREATS FROM KIDS ACTIVITIES BLOG
- Make yummy zombie food for kids.
- These simple Halloween treat ideas are fun to make with your kids.
- More cute Halloween treats that you can easily make.
- This Halloween treat bag topper is printable.
- This Halloween banana pop is super fun and yummy!
- This fun Halloween rice crispy treats recipe has a little surprise.
- Make Halloween drinks that include some Halloween fog.
- Have you seen the list of easy Harry Potter food? They are so cute & yummy.
- Pssst…all this yummy Halloween food calls for some Halloween games to play!
- These easy Halloween recipes are perfect for home or a party.
- This simple Halloween bark recipe needs to be on your to-do list.
- Cute Halloween snack ideas for kids.
- Make ghost poop and give it as a gift with this free printable.
- Oh so many Halloween cookie ideas and Halloween cookies for kids.
- Healthy Halloween food doesn’t have to be boring…
- Halloween breakfast ideas are so fun and star the day off right.
How did your mummy dogs turn out for lunch?