Looking for healthy Halloween snacks for kids? These funny Halloween food ideas make great snacks or a surprising addition to a lunchbox. From whole-wheat croutons to string cheese witches’ brooms and spooky egg spiders, these favorite cute Candy-Free Halloween Foods for Kids have got you covered!
Halloween Snacks for Kids
The best thing about these festive Halloween foods for kids? They’re all easy to make! In fact, kids can help with almost all of them, and they are the perfect Halloween party snacks!
Healthy Halloween Foods
The last thing that most kids want to do on Halloween night is to sit down and eat dinner. I remember when I was a kid, I just wanted to run outside and get started on Trick-or-Treat! My Mom knew that the combination of a kid with an empty stomach running around in the cold, and then filling up on sugar, was a terrible idea which is how this list got started…
1. Tomato Basil & Tortellini Soup With Bat Croutons
2. Green Goblin Smoothies
Real Mom Nutrition‘s Green Goblin Smoothies are full of bananas, peaches, pineapple, and a secret green ingredient that many kids will find scary enough for Halloween–spinach!
Halloween-Themed Dinner Ideas
Yummy Halloween-themed dinner ideas are coming up next!
3. Spooky Spider Eggs
Foodlets‘ Spooky Spider Eggs are a slightly scary take on deviled eggs.
4. Monster Cheese Balls
These Monster Cheese Balls are basically cheese, in the shape of monsters! Another amazing idea from Hungry Happenings.
5. Pumpkin Pop Tarts
6. Mummy Dogs
Wrap a regular hotdog in crescent roll strips, bake, and apply mustard eyes to make Foodlets‘ Mummy Dogs. This was my favorite Halloween food idea growing up – Mummy Dogs (hot dogs wrapped in Pillsbury Crescent roll dough so that they baked around them like mummies.
Halloween Lunch Ideas for Kids
Surprise your little one with a fun Halloween-themed lunch at school, or enlist their help (and creativity!) in making their own lunch or lunch for their brother or sister.
7. Halloween Jokes For Your Child’s Lunchbox
I love finding cute and funny Halloween knock-knock jokes and writing them on a Halloween napkin, and then slipping a new one in my daughter’s lunchbox every day of October! Check out this free Halloween jokes printable from Skip to My Lou!
Related: Halloween facts for kids
8. Haunted Bento Box Lunch
9. Mummy Sandwich
This Mummy Sandwich from the Kids Activities Blog is surprisingly simple to make, with just the right amount of boo!
10. Pudding Pumpkins
11. String Cheese Witches’ Brooms
Foodlets‘ String Cheese Witches’ Brooms are so cute and so easy to make!
More Ghoulishly Good Recipes From Kids Activities Blog
- We have 30 Frighteningly Delicious Halloween Recipes that you must try!
- Creepy Banana treats are the best! They’re sweet and healthy.
- Here are 5 Delicious Halloween Treats for the entire family.
- Looking to spook up your breakfast on Halloween?
- This Halloween bento box is a scream!
- Check out these 25 Halloween cookie recipes that your little monsters will love!
- Want a healthy Halloween treat? Then try out this Harry Potter Pumpkin Juice recipe.
- Make your Halloween dinner fun with these Jack o Lantern Quesadillas.
- Mummy dogs and Pumpkin oranges, yum!
What is your kiddo’s favorite healthy Halloween snack, or meal? Comment below!