Treat your kids with these super cute Halloween Rice Crispy Treats. They are a tasty Halloween dessert with a surprise in the middle. We love surprises at Kids Activities Blog.
Let’s make Halloween Rice Crispy Treats Recipe
Surprise Pumpkin Treats are a perfect Fall treat for your kids this season! Our family loves Rice Krispie treats of all kinds and enjoy them in different shapes throughout the year.
As a mom, I love that they are an easy, quick recipe, and my boys love that they get to help make them!
Although their shapes may not resemble the shape we are aiming toward, everyone has fun and enjoys a fat-free sweet treat.
My boys especially loved making the Surprise Pumpkins because they would get so excited to find out what was inside their pumpkin, as I would add different small candies into each. They are the perfect treat to toss into a lunch box, a Ziploc bag for a treat at the park, your child’s classroom, or for a playgroup.
This article contains affiliate links.
Halloween Rice Krispy Treats ingredients
- 4 Tablespoons margarine
- 1 bag of mini marshmallows
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or almond extract
- Orange food coloring (or combine yellow and red)
- 6 cups of Rice Krispies ® Cereal
- 12 Tootsie Rolls or other bite size Halloween candies
- 12 Green Gumdrops or DOTS candies
- Green Frosting (optional)
Directions to make Halloween Rice Krispy Treats
In a large pot, melt the margarine over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted.
Remove from the heat and add in the vanilla extract and orange food coloring.
Stir in the Rice Krispies cereal until well coated.
Grease your hands with cooking spray or butter, then divide the cereal into 12 equal portions.
Shape each portion into a pumpkin shape around one Tootsie Roll.
Top each pumpkin with a green gumdrop for a stem and use green frosting to create vines or leaves.
more halloween recipe
- Pumpkin Patch Brownie is one of the most adorable and the best Halloween desserts
- These Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies are so simple to make that kids will surely love!
- You have to try this deliciously cute Halloween sugar cookies recipe!
- We have 5 more Halloween treats to make with kids!
- Check out this Halloween lunch box recipe!
- Make your own banana Halloween treat! It’s spooky and delicious.
If you’re looking for more Rice Krispie Recipes, we have a whole list here!
What is your child’s favorite Halloween dessert? Does your kid love this too? Let us know by commenting below what they think.
This recipe was originally from RiceKrispies.com