Halloween is nearing which means you are likely getting ready to throw an epic monster bash. Well, you can’t do that without some awesome sweet treat but don’t worry, we’ve got you covered! Covered in chocolate that is! Check out this delicious Homemade Halloween Bark recipe that we know you will love!
What You Need to Make Homemade Halloween Bark:
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- Red Food Coloring
- Yellow Food Coloring
- 1 Package Dark Chocolate Morsels
- Bright Green Chocolate Melting Wafers
- Purple Chocolate Melting Wafers
- Edible Candy Eyes
- Purple Round Chocolate Candy
- Green Round Chocolate Candy
- Wax Paper
- Cookie Sheet
- Small Microwave Safe Mixing Bowls
How to Make Homemade Halloween Bark:
- Pour ½ cup of granulated sugar into a small bowl.
- Add 2-3 drops of red and yellow food coloring and stir until the color is well mixed into the sugar and set aside. Tip: If it begins to be clumpy place mixture into a plastic baggie and use hands to remove clumps.
- Pour some of the chocolate morsels into a microwave safe bowl and heat for 30 seconds. Remove and stir. Complete this step until the morsels are fully melted.
- Pour the melted chocolate onto a cookie sheet covered with wax paper (waxy side up) and use a spoon to spread it out into an even layer.
- Repeat step 3 with the bright green chocolate melting wafers but this time, pour the colored chocolate over the dark chocolate morsels. You can use the spoon to drizzle the melting chocolate over the dark chocolate.
- Repeat step 5 with the purple chocolate melting wafers.
- Sprinkle on the colored orange sugar randomly while the last layer of chocolate is still melted.
- Place some of the edible candy eyes while the chocolate is still tacky. Use your finger to push these into the chocolate so they stick.
- Repeat step 8 with the round chocolate colored candies.
- Allow this all to harden for about an hour. You can also speed up the process by placing it into the fridge for 20-30 minutes.
- Once the bark is hardened, use the back end of a clean spoon to break the bark into pieces.
- Serve up or store in a cute little Halloween container until ready for consumption!