We’re using packaged sugar cookie dough to create the cutest Halloween cookies! These recipes are so easy to make and so spooky, but the best part is your kids can help make them!
I find that sometimes getting everything ready for holiday celebrations becomes a burden because there is too much to get done. Making festive desserts tends to drop to the bottom of my to-do list.
However, with these cookie ideas, making Halloween treats is way more fun, not to mention easy!
Easy Halloween Cookie Recipes
When you use prepared cookie dough it cuts down a lot of prep time. You’ll be able to mark Halloween snacks off your to-do list in no time!
Take a look at these 20+ fun ways to make creative and easy Halloween cookies that won’t take a lot of preparation.
All of these ideas can be done with pre-prepared sugar cookie dough – I especially love this Betty Crocker Mix. It is an easy sugar cookie with a homemade taste. But you can also make your dough ahead of time from scratch using your favorite sugar cookie recipe.
Whatever you choose, the point is to have fun with your kids and make something festive!
Halloween Sugar Cookie Recipes
Excited to explore these cookie recipes? Let’s go!
First in line: Sugar cookie recipes!
1. Halloween Pumpkin Cookies
These Pumpkin Cookies are precious and so simple… They might be my new go-to! Check them out at Design Eat Repeat.
2. Halloween Sugar Cookies With Edible Images
These easy Halloween Cookies with Edible Images from Living Locurto are adorable and she even has a free printable that you can use to top your sugar cookies!
3. Halloween Pumpkin Sugar Cookies
I love these easy Halloween Pumpkin Sugar Cookies over at Cooking for My Kids… All you need is buttercream frosting and your sugar cookie mix. Once you bake cookies, let them cool on a wire rack before frosting or your frosting will melt.
4. Halloween Monster Cookies
Seriously, a squiggle of frosting and two eyes make these Monster Cookies from Eat Good 4 Life freakishly easy to decorate. Make sure your chocolate is melted all the way or your frosting won’t be the right consistency.
5. Spider Web Sugar Cookies
Sugar Beas Blog Spider Web Cookie might even make you wish that you had a cobweb in your kitchen!
6. Candy Corn Cookies
Aren’t these Candy Corn Cookies so cute, colorful, AND festive? Plus, they are based on my favorite Halloween candy! Don’t forget to wrap the sugar cookie dough in plastic wrap and let it chill before shaping it and putting it on the cookie sheet. Room temperature cookie dough is harder to work with. Find them here at Kids Activities Blog.
7. Halloween Sugar Cookie Bars
This idea for Halloween Sugar Cookie Bars from My Recipe Magic is a simple way of baking dough into a bar and frosting all at once.
8. Cute Spider Cookies
Heading to my kitchen now to make these spooky Spider Cookies from In The Kids Kitchen!
9. Halloween Cookie Decorating Ideas
You can’t go wrong with these Easy Halloween Cookies straight from Betty Crocker!
10. Mickey Mouse Halloween Cookies
These purple and black Mickey Halloween Cookies from Cutefetti are perfect for any Ursula or Haunted Mansion fans.
11. Spooky Sugar Cookies With Royal Icing
Ooh, how great do these Round Candy Corn Cookies from Cakes by Khandra look? To make royal icing all you need is egg whites, vanilla extract, a large bowl, confectioners’ sugar, and food coloring! If you don’t like the flavor of vanilla, you could also pick up almond extract at the grocery store instead. It will have a fruity nutty flavor instead.
12. Halloween Candy Cookie Pizza
This Halloween Candy Cookie Pizza from Pillsbury combines my two favorite things: pizza and cookies! Bake the cookie until it is golden brown, and then spread the frosting with a butter knife or piping bag (doesn’t matter which piping tips you use) before adding all the candy.
13. Witch Fingers Sugar Cookies
Gross but cool, these sugar cookie Witch Fingers from Cooking With Libby will be a hit with the kids!
14. Halloween Monster Cookies
You’ll only need four ingredients and 15 minutes for these fun Monster Cookies from Mommy’s Fabulous Finds. These sweet treats only require gummy eyeballs, frosting, cookies, and mini marshmallows.
15. Easy Halloween Decorating Cookies
All it takes is icing and creativity for these Easy Halloween Cookies from Better Homes & Gardens that are so fun to decorate!
16. Spider Cookies
Simple witch fingers, candy pizza, and easy spider cookies, oh my! Candy eyes make these so much cuter. You can make your own black icing if you can’t find it. All you will need is a small bowl, cream butter, then add black powdered sugar, and black food gel.
17. Spooky Eyeball Sugar Cookies
Yum! I can’t wait to try these Spooky Eyeball Sugar Cookies from A Pretty Life In The Suburbs!
18. Halloween Batty Sugar Cookies
I’m obsessed with these Batty Sugar Cookies from Pillsbury! They’re so easy AND festive.
19. Halloween Candy Cookies
Use your kids’ candy from trick-or-treating for these unique and clever Leftover Halloween Candy cookies from The BakerMama! It is the perfect time to make cookies using leftover candy since we have an abundance.
20. Bug Sugar Cookies
These creepy crawly Bug Sugar Cookies have to be the easiest Halloween treats to make! Take a look at Content and Company for the full recipe.
21. Halloween Thumbprint Cookies
Can you believe how cute these Halloween Thumbprint Cookies from Epicurious are? They’re so simple too!
Here’s Some More Cookie Decorating & Halloween Fun!
- Try these easy cookie recipes with few ingredients for your next baking adventure.
- The whole family will love these fun Halloween games!
- You can’t go wrong with these Halloween breakfast ideas.
- Check out our Darth Vader cookies and the force will be with you!
- These spooky fog drinks are sure to be a hit at your Halloween party.
- We’ve compiled a least of Halloween hacks for you to try this year!
- Need some Halloween treats kids can make? Look no further.
- Glittery unicorn poop cookies are simple to make and so pretty!
- Here’s some snack ideas and Halloween food activities for kids.
- So many ideas for cute Halloween food, so little time!
- Yum! Can’t wait to try these bats and mummies Halloween food desserts.
- Say ‘cheese!’ with these super cute smiley face cookies.
- This Halloween jack o lanterns pattern is the best for kids who love to color!
- Need more things to do with your kids this spooky season? Don’t forget to check out all of our fun family Halloween activities!
- We’ve compiled a list of Halloween cookies for kids to give you some inspiration this fall.
How did your Halloween cookie recipe turn out? Let us know in the comments below!