These simple Halloween kids food ideas are perfect for the Halloween season whether it be a Halloween party, Halloween themed snack or a special spooky lunch. These cute kids Halloween food ideas are easy and tasty.
Scary Cute Kids Halloween Food Ideas
Here at the Kids Activities Blog we know that kids want a “spook-tacular” Halloween lunch and you can make it happen with these fun Halloween food ideas and easy-to-prepare Halloween Snack ideas.
Ever since we wrote about Fun Ideas for Kids Lunches, I couldn’t wait for Halloween for the fun-filled, “spook-tacular” lunch version for my kiddos during the Halloween season.
This article contains affiliate links.
Halloween Kids Food We Love
1. How To Make a Mummy Sandwich
These are so easy, we make them every year! You just add a spread some tomato sauce onto a piece of bread, cut a few thin slices of mozzarella cheese, and lay them over the sauce, then add a couple of olives for the eyes and cook in a toaster oven for a couple of minutes and they’re DONE! If you love the mummy theme, check out more of our creative Halloween treats.
2. How to Make a Jack-o-Lantern Quesadilla
Here is a Fantastically, Spooky Lunchtime Meal your kiddos will remember. Get our easy to follow instructions on how to make a Halloween quesadilla <–right here!
Pumpkin Quesadillas are super cute at this time of year.
- We took 2 plain flour tortillas and cut out the pumpkin’s face with a knife.
- Add a slice of American Cheese and lightly cook it in a pan on the stove on the bottom side. Let it cool for a few minutes, then “cut” the pumpkin shape out with a cookie cutter.
We found orange tortillas at the store too, but they were sun-dried tomato flavor and I knew my kids would like the plain better.
I think next time I will try using these cookie cutters to save myself even more time! It will easily cut perfectly:
- These Pumpkin Punchers pumpkin carving kit for kids works really well as cookie cutters too.
- This large jack o lantern Halloween cookie cutter 5 piece set has everything you need to carve a pumpkin…or a quesadilla!
- These shape cookie cutters are great for making the jack o lantern facial features.
- This is a big one piece cookie cutter that makes the entire jack-o-lantern design.
3. How to Make Spooky Cheese Stick Fingers for Halloween
Mozzarella Stick Fingers
I love this idea of Mozzarella Fingers because they are so simple to make! Take one mozzarella stick and form it into the shape of a finger. We added cuts for the knuckles and an almond sliver for a fingernail. Kinda looks like a finger, but not real enough to be gross.
Oh So Adorable Halloween Snacks Ideas
4. How to Make a Mummy Juice Box
For your Mummy Juice Box:
- Glue 2 googly eyes to a piece of black paper and glue the paper onto the front of a juice box.
- Wrap the juice box with white crepe paper until it resembles a wrapped mummy.
- Don’t forget to leave a place to poke the straw into the box.
5. How to Make a Pretzel Stick Broom Treat
Super Easy Witch’s Broom Dessert
To make a Witches Broom takes no time or effort! Easiest dessert I could find and a definite hit with my son!
Place a plain pretzel stick into the bottom of a peanut butter cup.
More Kids Halloween Food You Have to Try
- Draw a pumpkin face on a cutie orange for a healthy fruit.
- We also found fun orange & black tortilla chips at the local grocery store too.
- There are a lot of great Halloween-themed food items that I have seen that you could build a cool lunch with.
- Top it off with a few Halloween decorations – napkins, plates, signs, and a cute spider made from pipe cleaners.
- To adapt this for my school-aged kids, I am going to add a few plastic spiders and eyeball candy, and a fun note that says, ” YOU’VE BEEN BOOED!! Happy Halloween!!!”
This lunch took less than 10 minutes to make and brought such joy to my toddler – he talked about it all day and almost spilled the beans to his big brother and sister.
They have to wait until October 31st to get this special lunch!
Fun Halloween Dinner Idea
6. How to Make Mummy Meatloaf
This adorable mummy meatloaf recipe (see video above) is from our friend, Debra at Bowl Me Over and I think it is such a fun and festive food for a special dinner or if you are having a large crowd at a Halloween party.
So much fun Halloween food, so little October!
More Halloween Snacks & Food from Kids Activities Blog
- Here are some more really cute Halloween snacks for kids
- These zombie food ideas are perfect for Halloween!
- This list of epic Halloween sugar cookie ideas will keep you baking all fall!
- Let’s bake Halloween cookies!
- This easy Halloween banana treat is healthy & yummy.
- This Halloween bark recipe is easy and a little frightening.
- No Halloween party is complete without spooky and foggy Halloween drinks.
- Scream cheese brownies and Halloween Oreo pops are both festive favs.
- Don’t forget about Halloween breakfast!
- These Halloween desserts for kids are cute and yummy!
- Super cute spooky treats.
- Oh so many Halloween recipes kids will love.
- Try making these cute Halloween bento box lunches for school.
- Mummy dogs! Mummy dogs!
- Roasted pumpkin seeds are the perfect snack after carving pumpkins.
- And this is the best time of year for Harry Potter’s pumpkin juice recipe.
- Oh so many more Halloween snack ideas you could use for a Fall party.
- You have to try this deliciously cute Halloween sugar cookies recipe!
What creative ideas do you have for Halloween kids food ideas?