The countdown is on for a fun, family Halloween! These 5 Sweet Treats for Halloween are perfect for all of your parties!
How to Keep Busy While Halloween Treats Bake
This post contains affiliate links.
Keeping kids busy while waiting for your Halloween treats to bake can be another fun Halloween activity!
My kids and I love doing halloween crafts, making up spooky stories (tailored to age level, of course!) and telling them around a DIY campfire (red, orange, and yellow tissue paper, a flashlight or white Christmas lights, and some twigs). Sometimes, I even set up a tent, sleeping bags, and pull out our indoor s’mores maker, for extra fun!
For crafting inspiration, check out 30 Days of Halloween Fun!
5 Sweet Treats for Halloween
The best part of Halloween is all o the sweet treats! Whether you are making a dessert for a Halloween party at home, or at school, these ideas are adorable!
- 1 cup White Chocolate Chips, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon Coconut Oil
- Candy Eyeballs or chocolate chips
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat mat.
- Melt the white chocolate chips in the microwave for 1 minute. Check on them, and microwave for an additional 30 seconds, if needed.
- Add the coconut oil to the chocolate to thin it out.
- Dip pretzels in chocolate, and lay flat on the parchment paper.
- Immediately add eyes or chocolate chips to the pretzels.
- Repeat, until you fill the baking sheet.
- Put in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes, to allow the chocolate to harden.
Gooey Green Slime Drinks
- Follow instructions to make the Gatorade (Lime Kool Aid works, too).
- Scoop ice cream into your Halloween cup, and pour the Gatorade on top.
- Add gummy worms for decoration.
- Box of Brownie Mix (follow instructions to prepare the brownies)
- White Decorating Icing
- Candy eyeballs or chocolate chips
- Follow the box instructions to make your brownies. Bake, and then cut them into squares.
- Using the white decorating icing, decorate the brownies to make them look like mummies.
- Top with eyeballs or chocolate chips.
- Put them in the refrigerator, so the icing can set.
Peanut Butter Spider Cookies
- 1 package Peanut Butter Cookie Mix (will also need vegetable oil, water, and egg for recipe)
- Reese’s miniature rounds
- Black Licorice
- White decorating icing
- Candy eyeballs or M&Ms
Head on over to Betty Crocker for this spooky recipe!
- 1 box Chocolate Cake Mix to make cupcakes (will also need vegetable oil, 3 eggs, and water for this recipe)
- Large Marshmallows
- 2 cups White Chocolate Chips, melted
- 1 cup Miniature Chocolate Chips
Head over to Betty Crocker for this ghostly recipe!
Some of Our Favorite Kitchen Products
Half the fun of spending time in the kitchen is playing with new kitchen gadgets! Here are some of our must-have cooking items:
- Fresh Baby Ice Cube Trays with lids
- Cuisinart Food Processor
- The I Heart Naptime Cookbook by Jamielyn Nye
- Giant Popcorn bowl
- VillaWare Uno Classic Waffle Maker
- Individual Popcorn bowls
- VillaWare Farmyard Waffle Maker
- Taco Holder
- Pizza Peel
- Hand Blender
- Pizza Wheel (cutter)
- Pyrex Baking Dishes
- Pizza Stone
- Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Double Burner Reversible Grill/Griddle
- Cuisinart Chef’s Classic Stainless 5-1/2-Quart Saute Pan with Helper Handle and Cover
- BPA free lunch containers
- Egg Rite Egg Timer
- Fit and Fresh container
- One Touch Electric Bottle Opener
- Half Pint Wide Mouth Mason Jars
- Ninja Professional Blender
- Zoku Quick Pop Maker
- Plano Half-Size Stowaway with Adjustable Dividers – for road trip snacks
- Curious Chef 3-Piece Nylon Knife Set
- Cuisinart 2 Quart Ice Cream Maker
- Victorinox Fibrox Straight Edge Chef’s Knife, 8-Inch
- Lemon Squeezer
- Mason Jars
- Apple Corer
- Popcorn Bowl
- MaxiMatic double burner hot plate
- Glass Egg carton
- Black & Decker 4 slice toaster
- Hamilton Beach Hand Mixer
- Cuisinart 8-cup Food Processor
- Meat Mallet
- Ice Cream or Cookie Scooper
- Norpro Butter Keeper
- 3-Piece Veggie Peeler
- Garlic Press
More Halloween Fun for the Whole Family!
- Amazon is Selling Disney Halloween Merchandise and I Want it All
- 13 Fun Halloween Breakfast Ideas
- 30 Halloween Luminaries to Light Up the Night
- 25 Halloween Cookies
What is your family’s favorite spooky (or not-so-spooky!) Halloween dessert? Comment below!