Today we have the cutest school DIY & crafts that are classroom themed. These fun school crafts are great for back to school, end of school or just because celebrating school is fun! These back to school crafts include cute felt pencil toppers, DIY name tags, and cardboard box school houses to school bus frames and DIY notebooks, there’s oodles of inspiration here for school themed crafts. These school crafts work great at home as after school crafts or in the classroom.
Back To School Crafts for Kids
Let’s use these school themed arts and craft ideas for back to school crafting fun!
Many of these school crafts double as DIY school supplies or crafts that celebrate school supplies.
This article contains affiliate links.
School Crafts: Back to School Crafts & After school Crafts
1. DIY Backpacks With Fabric Markers
Decorate DIY backpacks with fabric markers! This tutorial shows how to make a notebook backpack, neon animal print backpack, or galaxy backpack.
2. DIY Desk Organizer You Can Make
This DIY desk organizer will sure add lots of colors to your desk. via Lovely Indeed
3. DIY Name Tag as Backpack Tag
Make some DIY name tags for kids’ backpacks using this 5 min duck tape craft.
4. Hanging Wall Holder for School Files
Have a pegboard wall? Make this hanging wall holder for your files. via Damask Love
5. Cloth Napkins For The Lunchbox
Learn how to make cloth napkins for your child’s lunch box. via Buggy & Buddy
6. Shoebox School Pretend Play Craft
Make this shoebox school ahead of school opening for a fun way to pretend play. via MollyMooCrafts
DIY School Supplies
7. Felt Heart Pencil Toppers Craft
Jazz up pencils with our DIY Pencil Toppers. What a cute craft! This could also make a great gift for your child’s friends or even their new teacher.
8. Make Your Own DIY Pencil Case
Make your own pencil case from a cereal box. This is a great way for making pencil cases on a budget. via Vikalpah
9. Easy DIY Erasers You Can Make
DIY erasers combine art and design in a unique useable end product. via Babble Dabble Do
10. DIY Binder Covers to Make School Books Last
Add some bling to your boring binder for a fun back to school craft that uses washi tape. This is an easy way to make your child’s school supplies look fun! It would also be a great way to reuse old binders. via The Inspiration Board
11. Make Your Scissors Colorful and Unique
Make your scissors unique and colorful! What a great idea! via Line Across
DIY Crafts for Kids – Back to School
12. Journal for School Craft
Instill the habit of writing in your kids through journaling. Make it a daily or weekly activity to journal all the things that happened and things that kids want to do. via Picklebums
13. Create Your Own Notebooks Craft Idea
Make notebooks from cereal boxes using washi tape, buttons and stickers! via MollyMooCrafts
14. Apple Bookmarks for School Book Reference
Make your own apple DIY Bookmarks. This is the perfect craft for kids of all ages since all of them will be deep in their school books!
15. Watercolor Backpack for All Those School Supplies
You may wanna run to the craft store because you will definitely want to make this one-of-a-kind DIY watercolor backpack. via Momtastic
16. Homework Caddy Makes School Work Easy
Was last year a mess when it came to homework and your child’s school project? A homework caddy helps to keep your school supplies organized so they’re always on hand when you need them. via Sandy Toes & Popsicles
Back to School Art Projects
17. After School Checklist Craft
Make a dry erase board after school checklist to avoid chaos when the kids get home. via Artsy Fartsy Mama
18. Locker Organizer Craft
Your middle school kids will love making DIY locker organizers clips for their locker.
19. Chore Chart For Kids to Make School Day a Breeze
Create your own chore chart for kids. via My Name Is Snickerdoodle
20. Morning Plans Before School Help
Planning makes your morning better — so plan out your mornings with this idea from ArtBar.
21. Art Tubes for School Art Projects
Make Art Tubes to so kids can carry their artwork home safely. via CurlyBirds
Back To School DIY Projects For Kids
22. Lapel Pins for Your School Backpack
DIY lapel pins are great to showcase your likes on your backpack or jacket. via Persia Lou
23. School Bus Picture Frames for that First Day of School Photo
Create your own school bus picture frames to display your first day of school picture.
Related: Try this cute paper plate school bus craft
24. Doodle Lunch Bag for the Cutest School Lunch
Sew your own DIY doodle lunch bag. via Skip to my Lou
25. Perler Beads Organizer to Organize Your Desk
This DIY perler beads organizer will add color and cheer to your home desk! via Vikalpah
26. Label Your School Supplies
Check this unique way to label your school supplies before you start using Sharpie markers on everything. via Artsy Craftsy Mom
Looking For More Great Back To School Ideas?
- Laugh out loud with these back to school jokes.
- School mornings are hectic! This portable cup will teach your children how to eat cereal on the go.
- I used these back to school coloring sheets to entertain my bored toddler while I discussed how this upcoming school year might look with my older children.
- Help your children feel safe with these adorable crayola face masks.
- Make the first day of school more memorable with these first day of school traditions.
- Know what to do before the first day of school.
- Your mornings can be a little easier with these middle school morning routines.
- Have fun creating this school bus pictures frame to keep your children’s school year photos.
- Keep your kids crafts and memories in order with this school memory binder.
- Help your child create a daily routine with this color coded clock for kids.
- Bring more organization and stability in your home with these diy crafts for mom.
- Need more organization in your life? Here are some useful home life hacks that will help!
What projects did you choose to make this year? Comment below. We would love to hear from you.