These washi tape crafts are absolutely gorgeous and because every washi tape roll is full of possibilities they can look similar or completely different depending on which color and pattern you choose. These washi tape ideas have unlimited potential and are easy for kids of all ages and fun crafts for adults too!
Washi Tape Ideas
With washi tape, you can make so many boring things beautiful in just a minute or two. Or you can make a washi tape craft resulting in something unusual and colorful.
What is Washi Tape
Washi Tape is made from Japanese rice paper and is thinner than regular masking tape but as easy to work with. The magic of washi tape is that it comes in fun designs and colors that mix and match in a magical way.
This post contains affiliate links
Our Favorite Washi Tape Products
Before you start these fun washi tape projects, be sure to grab some washi tape rolls that catch your eye.
- Solid color washi tape rolls in a rainbow of bright colors
- Black washi tape is great for mixing with other colors and patterns
- Metallic washi tape rolls in all sorts of shiny colors like gold, silver and more
- Skinny washi tape rolls perfect for paper crafts
- Bright colorful mix and match washi tape set with solids and patterns
- Floral and gold washi tape set with mix and match designs
- Amazon choice: gold foil patterned Japanese masking tape set
FAvorite Washi Tape Crafts
1. Make a Washi Tape Bookmark
This might be the prettiest way to mark a page in a book I’ve ever seen! These washi tape bookmarks are so easy to make. via Mom’s Collab
2. Customize a Light Switch Cover
Give your light switch a little pop of color with washi tape. This is a simple project and an easy way to give a room some color. via Skip To My Lou
3. Create Washi Tape Wall Art
Create a piece of wall art with your initial on it. This would be really cute in a nursery. Plus, washi tape wall art is budget friendly which is always a plus. via Living Locurto
4. DIY Washi Tape Picture Frame
Make a personalized photo frame by adding your favorite colors of washi tape. This is one of my favorite craft projects because they become unique keepsakes. via Bombshell Bling
5. Personalize a Glass Vase with Washi Tape
A plain glass vase turned beautiful center piece just by adding a little washi tape! I think this is one of the best washi tape ideas. via Decor8
6. Upgrade a Dry Erase Frame with Washi Tape
Leave messages for your family with this small dry erase frame that only costs $1. via I Heart Naptime
7. Washi Tape Wrapped Pencils are So Fun
Grab some regular brown pencils and use tape to design them yourself. Grab some regular brown pencils and use tape to design them yourself. You can use different colors and different patterns to make them fun. This could be a fun project for your kids before they go back to school.
8. Coffee Mug + Washi Tape Makes Mornings Colorful
Take a plain white coffee mug and fancy it up a little bit with tape. What a fun way to make your mornings a little more colorful. via Mouths of Mums
9. Lego Duplos with Washi Tape Patterns
Make your Legos even more fun by adding pops of color with washi tape. What an amazing way to upcycle LEGOS using different washi tape pattern and colors. via No Time For Flash Cards
10. Kids Rainbow Craft Using Washi Tape
This easy kids craft is so bright and colorful! This diy project could also double as a way to teach your kids their colors as well. via I Heart Crafty Things
11. Mini Pallet Washi Tape Coasters
Use popsicle sticks and washi tape to make these DIY coasters that look like miniature pallets. via Chiba Circle
12. Upcycled Mint Tins with Washi Tape
These tiny tins are perfect for holding your bobby pins or other odds and ends that get lost at the bottom of your purse. via DIY Candy
13. DIY Washi Tape and Popsicle Stick Frame
This easy craft is an adorable way to showcase a photo. via Eighteen 25
14. Make Cute Customized Wooden Bracelets
Turn craft sticks into bracelets! Love this idea. via Mama Miss
15. Simple Washi Tape Tea Lights Craft
You will love how pretty your tealight candles look once you’ve covered them in washi tape! What a great way to use strips of washi tape to decorate a dorm room or other room. via Adventure in Making
16. Washi Tape Heart Craft for Kids
Grab your favorite washi tape and use a strip of washi tape to create a pattern and make a beautiful heart craft. You could easily turn this into a beautiful gift tag, perfect for a special occasion.
More Fun Ways To Use Washi Tape
- Make giant paper pinwheels and use washi tape to go around the edges and inside!
- Grab your favorite washi tape and clothes pins to make a wreath. It can be for the holidays, seasonal, or just colorful!
- Use your favorite washi tape to go around the edge of your homemade paper plate tambourine.
Leave a comment: Which of these fun washi tape ideas do you plan to try out first?