This Back to school backpack tag craft is a really cute and useful item and takes just 5 minutes to make. It is a great quick craft for older kids. Younger kids will need some additional time and supervision.
If your house is anything like mine there are repeated calls for a new school bag during the year because another child has the same bag as her, and they keep accidentally picking up the wrong bag at home time. Instead of heeding the calls I of course improvised with a quick Back To School Backpack Tag, no chance of any bag-napping with this tag in clear sight!
This post contains affiliate links.
DIY Back To School Backpack Tag
Start by cutting a strip of scrap fabric to the size of the tag you want.
Cover on both sides with duck tape.
Cut a rectangular piece of acetate for the name card window and seal this on the sides and base of the tag with duck tape.
Leave the top edge of the acetate open for the name card to slide in.
Punch a hole on the top of the tag!
Attach the key ring…. and invite your child to write their own name on a piece of card to slide in.
Finished Backpack Tag Craft
And that’s it – just loop the backpack tag onto the school bag and they are ready!
- scraps of fabric
- duct tape
- key ring
- hole punch
- Cut a strip of fabric the size of the tag you want.
- Cover both sides with patterned duct tape.
- Cut a rectangular piece of acetate for the name card window and seal this on the sides and base with duct tape leaving an edge to slide in the name card.
- Punch a hole in the top of the tag and add a keyring.
- Have child write name on card and slide into bag tag.
More Back to School Fun from Kids Activities Blog
- Back to School Snacks
- 25 Back to School crafts you don’t want to miss!
- Create a tissue paper apple for the teacher with this apple craft for kids.
- Make an apple bookmark for back to school.
- Craft a pencil vase or pencil holder.
- Make a back to school picture frame that looks like a school bus.
- Make a pencil picture frame for that first day of school pic.
- Make a routine clock for kids to help keep everyone on schedule.
- Print off this school morning checklist.
How did your backpack tag craft turn out? What colors and patterns did you use?