Super Easy Kid Decorated Pencil Pouch Craft
This super easy pencil case craft is great for kids of all ages and works perfectly as a back to school craft idea. Let kids personalize their school pencil pouch in their own creative way and then use their artistic expression every day at school to carry pencils and other school supply essentials!
Pencil Case Craft for Kids
Your kid can turn an ordinary pencil pouch into something cool and personal with this easy craft. Perfect for all ages, this would look cool with toddler scribbles or big kid doodles.
Related: Back to school printables
Whether your child is starting preschool or entering junior high, they are sure to dig decorating a pencil pouch. My son, who is just now getting the hang of drawing thought it was a blast.
This article contains affiliate links.
How to Make a Custom Pencil Case Craft
Supplies Needed to Create a Kid Decorated Pencil Pouch
- A plain pencil pouch (I found ours at Target)
- A Sharpie or fabric markers for doodling
- A small piece of cardboard to make drawing easier and protect the other side from bleeding marker
- A ruler (optional but helpful)
Directions to Decorate a Pencil Pouch
First place a piece of cardboard cut to size inside your pouch. This will help make sure the pen doesn’t bleed onto the opposite side. It will also make drawing easier if there is a zipper on one side.
On the front of your pouch use a ruler to draw writing lines (two solid with a dashed on in the middle).
Have your kiddo write their name on the lines.
Flip the pouch over and let them go to town. It might be helpful to have your kid practice their design on a piece of paper first. You can suggest a back to school theme or just let their imagination run wild.
Remove the cardboard, fill with freshly sharpened pencils, and don’t forget to put it in that new back pack!
Hurry, grab a Sharpie and make sure your kid has the coolest pencil pouch in class!
MORE BACK TO SCHOOL FUN FROM KIDS ACTIVITIES BLOG
- Back to School Snacks
- 25 Back to School crafts you don’t want to miss!
- Create a tissue paper apple for the teacher with this apple craft for kids.
- Make an apple bookmark for back to school.
- Craft a pencil vase or pencil holder.
- Make a back to school picture frame that looks like a school bus.
- Make a pencil picture frame for that first day of school pic.
- Make a routine clock for kids to help keep everyone on schedule.
- Make DIY backpack tags with this fun school themed craft.
- Print off this school morning checklist.
How did your personalized pencil case craft turn out? What was your favorite thing about making a pencil pouch your own?