Don’t leave your back to school pictures to stay on your phone. Make this cute craft sticks schoolbus photo frame to display them. You can make this simple craft in an afternoon and the best way to do it is to involve kids.
This project is a lot of fun for kids and it helps with their hand-eye coordination by encouraging them to work on creating straight lines. This will be one of the perfect craft activities for elementary students.
You can get all of the products you need in a snap with Amazon Prime! Shopping with the affiliated links below makes it so much easier to focus on the fun!
School Bus Picture Frames – Back to school pictures
Here’s what you need to make this School Bus frame:
- 10 large wooden craft sticks
- Craft paint: yellow, black, and grey
- Red card stock
- Small clothespin
- Permanent Marker
- Tacky glue
- Clear tape
- Magnets or rope to hang the frame
How to make school bus picture frames
Paint seven of your craft sticks yellow, two black, and one grey with the craft paint. Allow to fully dry.
Line up five yellow craft sticks horizontally.
Coat the back of the black craft sticks in glue and press vertically on top of the yellow craft sticks — one on each side to create the rails of the bus. Leave a gap for one craft stick on top and two at the bottom for other parts of the school bus.
Glue a single yellow craft stick to the top of the bus horizontally for the top of the bus.
Glue another yellow craft stick and a grey craft stick horizontally at the bottom for the bottom of the bus to mimic the bumper of the school buses.
Cut two circles from the red card stock and glue those down to create tail lights for the bus.
Add a clothespin below the top craft stick positioned at the center using glue. Allow it to dry. You are almost done.
The school bus photo frame is ready!
Use clear tape and cover the top and the bottom craft stick. Do this so that you can write your kid’s grade and year and wipe it away to change it every school year. (This is an optional step)
I used a permanent marker to write the grade and an alcohol wipe or drop of rubbing alcohol in a paper towel to wipe off in case of any mistake or changes you want to make.
Attach your kids’ first day back to school picture in this simple DIY school bus pictures frame that you made and display it with joy.
Glue a piece of twine folded at the back of the first craft stick to hang it or attach magnets using a strong glue like E6000 to display it on the fridge. This school bus picture frame is best suited for wallet-size pictures.
What is your favorite way of displaying back to school pictures? Share with us in the comments below. This is one of the best five minute crafts for kids to do with kids this summer before the school starts. Also, check preschooler activities and kids activities if you looking for more things to do with your kids.
Resources to help you get ready for back to school :
- Try a unique picture day hair style for the first day of school.
- This after school clock will help you stay on the schedule.
- Wondering when to start back to school shopping?
- Do you have a scared child that goes to school with tears? This will be helpful.
- This apple craft using tissue paper is so much fun.
- Kids will surely love these School jokes.
- These gummy bear lunch box notes are so cool that you don’t want to miss!
- This frozen sponge hack will save you from buying ice packs for lunch.
- Kids love notes from mom in their lunch boxes. These Lunch box trivia will help you from running out of ideas.
- Cute ideas for the first day of school pics.
- Try these back to school crafts before school starts.
- School morning checklist will help you kickstart your day in peace.
- Are you ready for school? This back to school essentials list will help you be prepared