Create structure in the chaos of your after school routine with this easy DIY color clock for kids. This surprisingly easy craft creates a customized routine clock for kids to help them visualize time more accurately, plan ahead and stay on their schedule! This kids color block schedule idea has been one of Kids Activities Blog’s most popular articles and shared hundreds of thousands of times across Facebook and Pinterest.
DIY After School Routine Clock with Color Blocks
This kids clock is color-coded so that kids can easily follow along and know what task they should be working on even if they aren’t fully able to read a clock. Having structure in the evenings after school helps develop an easier bedtime routine, which is essential for kids. Kids brains are working overtime, so make things as easy as possible for them!
Related: DIY Paper Plate Clock Craft for Kids Learning How to Tell Time
This article contains affiliate links.
How to Make a Kids Clock for After School Routine
Supplies Needed to Customize Kids Schedule Clock
- Wall Clock – or if you want 2, this wall clock set would work great
- Permanent markers (5 colors)
- Printed list of activities
How to make the schedule clock for Kids
Remove the back off the clock so that you can access the face.
Use the markers to color sections of time for the different activities.
Our After School Schedule is:
- 4-5 pm Homework Time
- 5-6 pm Play Time
- 6-7 pm Dinner Time
- 7-7:30 pm Bath Time
- 7:30-8:30 pm Bed Time
Put the glass back on the clock.
Print off your list of activities for after school routine and color around each section to correspond with the colored section on your schedule clock.
Make sure to hang your list of after school routine chart below the clock for easy access. I love how simple and quick this clock craft is.
Morning & Evening Schedule Clocks for Kids
Create another clock for the am. Hang them side by side so you have the am version and the pm version next to each other.
The morning kids schedule could include: wake up, breakfast, brush teeth, catch bus…etc!
What is your family’s after school routine?
- Wall clock with plain face
- Permanent markers in multiple colors
- Your activity schedule
- Remove the back of the wall clock so that you can access the face without obstacles.
- Use different color permanent markers to create time blocks and color sections for your after school schedule.
- Replace the glass and back of the clock.
- Create a clock schedule that is coordinated by color to the schedule clock and hang below.
RESOURCES TO GET ORGANIZED DURING THE BACK TO SCHOOL SEASON
- Get excited with these DIY crafts for kids for Back to school season.
- This routine clock idea for kids is just one fun way to keep home organizing on track.
- This Morning routine chart & Bedtime routine chart will help you to be on track.
- Plan for the school memory book before the school year starts.
- Ever wonder How to organize your life for school? Check this.
- You should know these Back to school tips.
- This family command center ideas are genius.
- Quick and healthy breakfast ideas that will make you love school mornings.
- Check these cool school snack ideas.
- Do you have the first day of school traditions? These are fun.
- Need a good homeschool schedule? This works great for distance and online learning too.
- Pack your lunch in style. Check these school lunch ideas for a balanced lunch.
How did your kids schedule clock turn out? Are there things you added that we missed? Please add your comments about the routine clock below…